Pre-Season

I'll wager our games will be:

2 in Spain, Charlton and AN Other English side.

Then in Scotland:

Dumbarton (a)

Ayr (a)

Cowdenbeath (a)

Morton (h)

I believe they also hope to organise one or two in the North of Englandshire as they did last season.

I asked Tommy Craig at a recent Newcastle reserve game about the possibility of a friendly with NUFC. He said "probably the best they could hope for would be to come down and play a reserve side." Sounded like Saints would welcome a game, but he was unsure if Newcastle would be up for it. Can't think why not though. NUFC played some bizarre friendlies last summer against really obscure sides.

All the usual aways as Mr Chairman not keen on paying the policing for home friendlies especially at the Strathclyde Polis wages

There are some flaws in what you say, firstly the main reason for not playing at home is that Tommy does a huge amount of work on the pitch over the summer (it's being re-laid again this year) and he wants to give it time to settle. There is a reason we have the best playing surface in the country. Secondly, there is no financial difference in playing at home or away in friendlies, the clubs come to mutual agreement to make sure that's the case, or they just don't play one another. Finally, Strathclyde polis no longer exist.

Apart from that, spot on.

There are some flaws in what you say, firstly the main reason for not playing at home is that Tommy does a huge amount of work on the pitch over the summer (it's being re-laid again this year) and he wants to give it time to settle. There is a reason we have the best playing surface in the country. Secondly, there is no financial difference in playing at home or away in friendlies, the clubs come to mutual agreement to make sure that's the case, or they just don't play one another. Finally, Strathclyde polis no longer exist.

Apart from that, spot on.

laugh.png

I'm sure I read that the game in Spain is against Charlton?

Would be nice to have a couple of home games as well as the Renfrewshire Cup.

Looks like you're right enough

Charlton and AN Other in Spain

With the RC final on July 20 according to the OS