Pre-Season

We will be playing Newcastle Untied at St Mirren Park on 30th of July. So I have been reliably informed. Don't know about season tickets.

Season tickets are a form of multi ticket purchase, normally based on a football season, giving the purchaser entry to all home league games, and reserve/under 19s games, as well as priority purchasing of cup match tickets. They're most synonymous with sporting events, but have also been known to be issued for such diverse leisure pastimes as theatre-going and rail travel.

Season tickets are a form of multi ticket purchase, normally based on a football season, giving the purchaser entry to all home league games, and reserve/under 19s games, as well as priority purchasing of cup match tickets. They're most synonymous with sporting events, but have also been known to be issued for such diverse leisure pastimes as theatre-going and rail travel.

I prefer to refer to the as discount books sort of Luncheon Vouchers for football

Too vague - the boy needed a crash course in season tickets, and now has a full working knowledge of them. He'll thank me when he's older.

It's been so many decades since I've been referred to as 'the boy' smile.png I'm glad to know my season ticket has nothing to do with trains though.

I suspect we will let Newcastle wear the stripes and we'll have a shot of either the red or yellow top.

Edited by 2becks

It's been so many decades since I've been referred to as 'the boy' smile.png I'm glad to know my season ticket has nothing to do with trains though.

I suspect we will let Newcastle wear the stripes and we'll have a shot of wither the red or yellow top.

wink.png Just a bit of Thursday afternoon fun. Bit bored at work.

Might be similar to the Dumbarton game last pre-season when we played an Under 20 team? Would've been a waste of an evening had it not been for John McGinn's majestic display in midfield.

that game was tripe best part was thr train journey there and back.

We will be playing Newcastle Untied at St Mirren Park on 30th of July. So I have been reliably informed. Don't know about season tickets.

That would be typical, as i'm due back at work that day after a fortnights holiday. I can't find a link to it on their website, but last night's Newcastle 'Chronicle' said

"Newcastle United could tackle Glasgow Rangers in pre-season.

And the magpies are also considering taking on Scottish league cup winners St Mirren in a friendly in Paisley before the new season kicks off"

Hope it happens and i can make it.

Fingers crossed its Tranmere! Failing that - another team in the north west - so all you boys can come back to mine for a BBQ!

Only 2 people were invited back after the Wigan friendly. cool.png

Cherished memories, wish she was still with us. sad.png

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/st-mirren-keen-play-newcastle-4283314

St Mirren keen to play Newcastle United in pre-season friendly

10 Jun 2013 08:07

Newcastle United are yet to commit to the fixture or decide whether a full XI will be sent north of the border to take on Danny Lennon's side

Newcastle United are mulling over whether to take on St Mirren in pre-season – with July 30 pencilled in as a possible date by the Scottish League Cup winners.

The Chronicle understands through sources in Scotland that St Mirren have approached United and are keen to get what they see as a high profile fixture on at their 8,000-capacity home St Mirren Park.

United are yet to commit to the fixture or decide whether a full XI will be sent north of the border to take on Danny Lennon’s side.

However, the wheels are in motion for the clash to be part of a domestic pre-season programme that could also include games at Blackpool and Glasgow Rangers.

United are likely to firm up their pre-season plans in the next week or so and, while their tour of South Africa collapsed, it seems increasingly likely they will be heading to Portugal for the second summer running to play games in the Algarve.

Last summer the Magpies tackled SC Braga and Olympiakos at the impressive Algarve Stadium and won the Trofeu Internacional de Futebol do Guadiana by holding the Greeks to a draw, then beating Champions League participants Braga 2-1.

The Magpies trained at the magnificent and plush resort of Vale Do Lobo ahead of their games at the nearby Algarve Stadium.

United players and staff were delighted with the facilities on offer in the resort last year.

But unlike last summer, when a lengthy tour of Germany and Austria also took up a big part of Alan Pardew’s summer schedule, it seems that Portugal will be the only country Newcastle will be visiting on the Continent this time around.

It also looks likely at this stage that a home friendly fixture will not take place at St James’ Park.

The Olympic Football tournament last year meant that home fans weren’t able to cheer on United in pre-season last summer.

This year the reseeding of the surface at St James’ means that the first piece of action back on Tyneside will be in the Premier League.

However, Newcastle did take on Hartlepool in a friendly in the North East last summer and whether they plan to take on a fixture locally could be confirmed next week.

UNITED’S Yohan Cabaye and Mathieu Debuchy were in the France side beaten 3-0 by Brazil in a friendly last night.

Oscar, Hernanes and Lucas Moura got the goals.