St Mirren V Port Glasgow O.b.u. Renfrewshire Cup

shull

Was a great showing from our youngsters (plus our experienced centre back pairing and Robertson). As above, Dillon was immense and ran the show in midfield. Reilly looked very sharp too. In fact, throughout the side there was a lot of very crisp one touch play, even when there wasn't much space.

Also to confirm, the Port sending off was hilarious. Could hear the cursing at the ref a mile off, ref had absolutely no choice but to pull out the red card, and the immature runt of a player just completely lost it, had to be led away from the pitch (by his dad it looked like), and proceeded to kick and slam doors and walls on his way to the dressing room. He emerged dressed about 10 minutes later and just left with his car keys in his hands. Disgraceful attitute (problem), and didn't even wait around to leave with his team-mates.

Was quite funny as I was there with my dad, who was a teacher at Port Glasgow High School for about 20 years from the late '70's until the late '90's when he retired though continued teaching supply until about 2005. He knew a few of the players (one of whom is actually also a teacher at the school).

Edited by zurich_allan

Was a great showing from our youngsters (plus our experienced centre back pairing and Robertson). As above, Dillon was immense and ran the show in midfield. Reilly looked very sharp too. In fact, throughout the side there was a lot of very crisp one touch play, even when there wasn't much space.

Also to confirm, the Port sending off was hilarious. Could hear the cursing at the ref a mile off, ref had absolutely no choice but to pull out the red card, and the immature runt of a player just completely lost it, had to be led away from the pitch (by his dad it looked like), and proceeded to kick and slam doors and walls on his way to the dressing room. He emerged dressed about 10 minutes later and just left with his car keys in his hands. Disgraceful attitute (problem), and didn't even wait around to leave with his team-mates.

Was quite funny as I was there with my dad, who was a teacher at Port Glasgow High School for about 20 years from the late '70's until the late '90's when he retired though continued teaching supply until about 2005. He knew a few of the players (one of whom is actually also a teacher at the school).

The reason he was sent off was because he was shouting and swearing at the guys standing next to me after they told him to calm down because of how mental he was going at the refs decision to award us a free kick. I don't think he left though, as I saw him walking round the pitch after he had calmed down to join the subs with the guy that had dragged him off the pitch when he got the red card.

Actually the name is familiar.

I worked with a Lee Hammerman few years back.

Morton fan.

Mind you even now he wouldn't be an Old Boy.

Maybe its his Dad.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Black & White Army mobile app

After tonight, their club secretary is changing his name by deed poll....

http://www.safl.co.uk/index.php?id=team_info&team=15

Didn't realise Port Glasgow play in the same league as the team I play for (albeit a division above). Would be great to get to play against the saints! How does the renfrewshire cup work is it open to all teams in renfrewshire at all levels?

Some fans are saying it was 17-0, and some fans are saying we were lucky to get anything out of the game. .

There was a shot in the second half that was difficult to tell if it sneaked in at the corner and went through the net, or if it went just wide as it was at pace (similar to the one in the first half which was given), but it wasn't given. Official score 16-0, but it could have been 17. We'll never know....

Just hope it doesn't dent the young lad's chances in the European Golden Boot.... smile.png

Edited by zurich_allan

Did Mair play alongside MacGregor?

Don't anyone read anything into last nights fiasco! Port Glasgow obu were shocking, unfit, unorganised and in all honesty it could have been 20-30 goals! A training exercise without breaking sweat! I've seen better Saturday morning teams than them. I know you can only play what's in front of you but please don't start going overboard about result and performances as that was embarrassing!

I kind of agree with Aber. It didn't take a great performance to win against an amateur team, so we shouldn't get carried away. But I thought Port Glasgow worked hard against a professional team. They certainly didn't give up and deserve some credit for their attitude (with the exception of the guy who got himself sent off). At the same time I thought the young Saints players showed them every respect and went about their work very professionally. I really enjoyed the game in a great setting, lovely weather and plenty of goals.

Edited by andyswann2007