Over Heating Laptop

TediousTom

Dearest fellow forum user's

Do any of you know how to fix an overheating laptop or the best place to take my laptop to get fixed?

Previously I did use a shop in the West End called Altern8 but last time I drove past I noticed that it has now become a Subway. I very much doubt the sandwich makers in the Subway will want or even be able to fix my laptop.

If I do take it "to a man" I may also get my laptop upgraded as my FM13 is not running as quickly as it once was (or is that due to my overheating laptop).

If it may help my system specifications are as follows

Processor: AMD AthlonII dual-core M320 2.10Ghz

Installed memory (RAM): 4.00 gb (3.75 usable)

System type: 64 bit operating system

So if I am to get my system upgraded what should I ask the man in the shop to upgrade?

How much do these things generally cost?

Where should I go?

I always like to sound as if I have some sort of idea as to what I am talking about when I go into a shop and request the services of the shopkeeper and/or his staff.

Thanks in advance fellow forum user's.

Altern8 has moved across The Road From the Yet to open Subway Ya daft Auld Cnut ! lol.gif

Ah now I thought that may have been the case but the shop that is in that very spot is called Core Computing. Is this the same people? If so then why did they change the name?

Businesses that change names like the weather are often less than trustworthy although I sure that this is not the case in this, well, case.