Imrie Gone

Dissapointed to see Imrie go, never got a proper chance. Wouldnt't be suprised to see him end up at Motherwell with the players they are losing, McCall tryed to sign him before. Imrie and Carey will both come back to bite us on the arse. To say im worried about next season would be an understatement.

Imrie could have got more of a run, especially as we paid a fee for him. Always put in a shift, but not enough end product when he did get game time. Disappointed to see him go, but ultimately won't be missed as he didn't do enough. Similar to Carey in that regard.

Dissapointed to see Imrie go, never got a proper chance. Wouldnt't be suprised to see him end up at Motherwell with the players they are losing, McCall tryed to sign him before. Imrie and Carey will both come back to bite us on the arse. To say im worried about next season would be an understatement.

Why is it that when a player not deemed good enough or is surplus to requirements always going to come back and haunt us. Other than Richard Brittain can you give me 3 former players who have come back with another team and scored against us or proved us wrong?

Never got a fair chance IMO, Again down to our great managerwacko.png

Are we honestly going to spout this excuse every time a player is released?

Imrie started 12 out of the first 15 games, with 2 from the bench, that he was eligible to play in when we signed him. I think the only game he missed that season was because he was injured. He also started the first 3 games this season. Oaksoft has also mentioned the number of starts he has had in total. In all of they games, including sub appearances, he has probably only performed well 3 or 4 times max.

How much of a chance do you want him to get? I'm pretty sure he was also keeping Teale out of his natural position by wanting to play on the right hand side.

At least Mr Lennon has got the courage to realise he made a mistake with this signing by letting him go rather than persevere with a player who, in my opinion, wasn't good enough and didn't want to be at the club.

Good luck Dougie.

Imrie started 12 out of the first 15 games, with 2 from the bench, that he was eligible to play in when we signed him. I think the only game he missed that season was because he was injured. He also started the first 3 games this season. Oaksoft has also mentioned the number of starts he has had in total. In all of they games, including sub appearances, he has probably only performed well 3 or 4 times max.

How much of a chance do you want him to get? I'm pretty sure he was also keeping Teale out of his natural position by wanting to play on the right hand side.

At least Mr Lennon has got the courage to realise he made a mistake with this signing by letting him go rather than persevere with a player who, in my opinion, wasn't good enough and didn't want to be at the club.

Good luck Dougie.

He seems to think he is a better player than he is, the same thing will happen at whichever club he goes to, his level is first division, more time to go to the bookies and poundhsops will keep him happy.

Why is it that when a player not deemed good enough or is surplus to requirements always going to come back and haunt us. Other than Richard Brittain can you give me 3 former players who have come back with another team and scored against us or proved us wrong?

Michael Higdon

John Sutton

Nigel Hasselbaink

Good luck Dougie.

This "never got a chance" is mostly rolled out to have another dig at Danny Lennon.

No real point trying to debate the facts, these "supporters" will continue to try to undermine the manager with any ammunition they can dig up.

Fcukem.

This "never got a chance" is mostly rolled out to have another dig at Danny Lennon.

No real point trying to debate the facts, these "supporters" will continue to try to undermine the manager with any ammunition they can dig up.

Fcukem.

I agree that Imrie got plenty opportunities to shine but didn't. I don't think DL was responsible for him not being good enough and certainly not worth the "transfer fee" we paid for him but he was sure as hell responsible for signing him!!

I agree that Imrie got plenty opportunities to shine but didn't. I don't think DL was responsible for him not being good enough and certainly not worth the "transfer fee" we paid for him but he was sure as hell responsible for signing him!!

Agreed, good post. whistling.gif

PS he sure as hell signed Steven Thompson.

Edited by faraway saint

Danny's decision. Bit of a waste given transfer fee, but i'm neither up nor down with the decision. Sadly didn't work out for Imrie with us but wish him all the best for the future.

Every football club takes a chance on signing a player when a transfer fee is involved. Even Fergie at Man Utd bought some players that just did not work out. It can happen.

The posts about playing out of position are spot on! First game v Celtic, played wide right and had a great game! Wide right or off the centre forward are his best 2 positions. Never contributed playing wide left for any team!! Always better the above 2 roles. I realise Teale held wide right and rightly so.

But Danny Shankly didn't utilise Imrie properly and I will be sorry to see him go

Paul Ritchie scored plenty for ICT after an unsuccessful trial with us :P