Imrie Gone

Dougie was alright at a game as smp last season the game had stopped due to darren mcgregor being injured and dougie spent the 5 minutes chatting and laughing with a wee boy . which I am sure made the wee lad feel special..

well done and good luck Dougie

He played for our club when called asked and didnt bitch and moan in the press like some other wee bitches have done about not getting regular football.

he wasn't our greatest player but he was far from our worst

He was very well paid to play football when asked, unfortunately for him he didn't perform as expected so much so he wasn't even stripped for our biggest game in a decade.

Who bitched in the press?

Edited by lovestreet

Lovestreet have you anything good to say about anything or are you at it and trying to be a bit of a perthshire belle.

No idea what your on about, to be fair you're last post summed it up. He was alright at a game because he spoke to some wee boy FFS he was paid to play football which he didn't do very well for us.

I don't know where all the hard feelings are coming from. I agree with the sentiment that, although he was nowhere near our best player, he was also far from the worst. I thought he made the difference when he came on against Killie at Ne'erday. He also won the penalty that day that Gowser scored from. We were never going to beat Cammy Bell any other way that day.

I say good luck to him - wherever he goes. And as for £35,000 wasted???? Pocket money these days. There are plenty of fuds out there earning more than that every week for doing fcuk all. If anybody thinks we should not be speculating that kind of money on players the manager believes may have the potential to play at our level, then they shouldn't complain when we bring in players from the lower leagues for washers. You can't have it both ways.

I don't know where all the hard feelings are coming from. I agree with the sentiment that, although he was nowhere near our best player, he was also far from the worst. I thought he made the difference when he came on against Killie at Ne'erday. He also won the penalty that day that Gowser scored from. We were never going to beat Cammy Bell any other way that day.

I say good luck to him - wherever he goes. And as for £35,000 wasted???? Pocket money these days. There are plenty of fuds out there earning more than that every week for doing fcuk all. If anybody thinks we should not be speculating that kind of money on players the manager believes may have the potential to play at our level, then they shouldn't complain when we bring in players from the lower leagues for washers. You can't have it both ways.

Bollocks

Personally could not care less where he goes as he is no longer a saints player - he arrived and was given the chance but it did not work out with us and Danny got shot of him.

I reckon most saints fans hold him in disregard due to the fact he was a pest everytime he played against us and looked a player! however it was evident with maybe the exception of one or two games that he wasn't going to last long at the club.

If he does sign for that mob down the road you can bet he will probably have his best 90 minutes in a jersey against us!

Personally I think he'll be a great signing for Morton! To say he is a junior player at best is laughable! The guy has quality and if he had been in past squads which weren't as talented as the one we had last season such as during gus's reign, he would've been one of our best players.

he arrived and was given the chance

Was he given the chance? Really? I'm not so sure. Same applies, but in a bigger way, to Graham Carey. I'd never have ditched Carey and felt he often got dropped after playing well. Too often a bit-part player to have any real chance of establishing himself.

Was he given the chance? Really? I'm not so sure. Same applies, but in a bigger way, to Graham Carey. I'd never have ditched Carey and felt he often got dropped after playing well. Too often a bit-part player to have any real chance of establishing himself.

All about opinions and shows how subjective football can be. Ultimately these decisions and resultant success or not are what Danny will be judged on, however he will have made these decisions over time and with a lot of contemplation.

Sometimes faces fit. Sometimes players play well. Other times it doesn't work out. I wish both Carey and Imrie (and the others who are leaving) all the best for the future and thank them for their contribution but to be honest I'm neither up nor down by the thought of any of last years crop of players that are leaving.

Carey had some great games (Celtic in the Semi for one) and scored some cracking goals but often was quiet and lacked consistency. Imrie just wasn't the same player he has been at other clubs. Both will find new clubs and hopefully do well (but hopefully not against us).

35k pocket money,you're so out of touch with the Scottish game I'm afraid. Have a look at transfers paid in Scotland out with Celtic.