Imrie Gone

it did by fans buying tickets

But did it? We've read in here on a few occasions that money didn't actually change hands and it was only paper talk. Would like to know the truth. It became a bit of an albatross round Imrie's neck. Gave the hecklers more ammunition to crucify a St.Mirren player.

But did it? We've read in here on a few occasions that money didn't actually change hands and it was only paper talk. Would like to know the truth. It became a bit of an albatross round Imrie's neck. Gave the hecklers more ammunition to crucify a St.Mirren player.

SMISA GAVE THE CLUB THE MONEY

the way people go on about the 35k its like it came out of their own pocket.

His wage and the transfer fee (wherever it came from and whatever subsequently happened with McShane are just distractions) would've allowed us to sign the two players we needed at the time, a CH & back-up striker.

It was clear by May 2012 when Imrie was no longer an automatic first pick that the transfer was not working out as as hoped and by that November with McGowan injured, being behind McGinn in the pecking order and getting less game time than Robertson again it was clear he'd have to roll up his sleeves and fight for his place or get shipped out - the rest, as they say, is history.

I don't generally criticize transfers but Imrie has been the second worst since I've been posting on B&WA!

26/06/13 - Training with Morton

Edited by Bud the Baker

His wage and the transfer fee (wherever it came from and whatever subsequently happened with McShane are just distractions) would've allowed us to sign the two players we needed at the time, a CH & back-up striker.

It was clear by May 2012 when Imrie was no longer an automatic first pick that the transfer was not working out as as hoped and by that November with McGowan injured, being behind McGinn in the pecking order and getting less game time than Robertson it was clear he'd have to roll up his sleeves and fight for his place or get shipped out - the rest, as they say, is history.

I don't generally criticize transfers but Imrie has been the second worst since I've been posting on B&WA!

But he spoke to a wee guy during a game once and 35k is "pocket money" apparently!

Some trumpets on here.

Got to put £35k into perspective with all the money changing hands down South. If we had paid £100k or more then I would be more scathing of our manager but sometimes you have to pay money and in this day and age, albeit most clubs are skint, the sum of £35 is peanuts.

Got to put £35k into perspective with all the money changing hands down South. If we had paid £100k or more then I would be more scathing of our manager but sometimes you have to pay money and in this day and age, albeit most clubs are skint, the sum of £35 is peanuts.

If we paid £35 for him I'd agree but are you seriously comparing transfer fees and available cash with Scottish club to down south?

IIRC it was the only transfer fee paid by a SPL club during the Jan 2012 transfer window - for us to pay money for a 28-y-o player who had spent the bulk of his career in the Juniors & SFL1 and at his peak was a bottom 6 SPL and very unlikely to improve at that stage of his career was always likely to end as it did, in tears.

Edited by Bud the Baker

35k pocket money,you're so out of touch with the Scottish game I'm afraid. Have a look at transfers paid in Scotland out with Celtic.

Either that or you are one of these guys who just reads what he wants into a post.

35k is indeed pocket money in today's game - a game in which our pokey wee league is small to the point of being almost insignificant, when viewing the bigger picture. And there is a bigger picture.

However, I am well aware that the same sum of money is a big deal to a club like ours and most other in our, "pokey wee league". My point though was that, in terms of bringing in fresh faces to the club, that kind of money is only going to get you players of Imrie's standard. We can't afford the quality of players we would all like to see at NSMP, so why are we bitching about it on here? At best, managers in Scotland have to speculate with their "pocket money" and hope for the best. Sadly, in Imrie's case, it didn't work out.