Steve Simonsen

Lex

http://www.football.co.uk/st_mirren/saints_move_for_simonsen_as_adam_departs_rss4240441.shtml

According to that article Steve Simonsen is saying we have been in contact with him. Would be a superb signing and is one i tipped last month. Steve has just turned 34, so is pretty much in his goalkeeping prime. He has played over 50 games in the English Premier League for Stoke and Everton and over 100 in the Championship.

We obviously need two keepers due to Adam and Sammy departing so would like to see Steve brought in as number 1 and Letheren or similar being brought in as reserve.

Edited by Lex

Was an excellent keeper at tranmere - was reportedly at one time the most expensive keeper transferred between British clubs when he was part of the PeterJohnson dual interests of clubs (tranmere / Everton) although its dubious whether any money - allegedly 4 million - ever changed hands between the clubs!!!!!

http://www.football.co.uk/st_mirren/saints_move_for_simonsen_as_adam_departs_rss4240441.shtml

According to that article Steve Simonsen is saying we have been in contact with him. Would be a superb signing and is one i tipped last month. Steve has just turned 34, so is pretty much in his goalkeeping prime. He has played over 50 games in the English Premier League for Stoke and Everton and over 100 in the Championship.

We obviously need two keepers due to Adam and Sammy departing so would like to see Steve brought in as number 1 and Letheren or similar being brought in as reserve.[/quote

Did you not say Newton was pish aswel? You are full of

Shite and u annoy euery1

We obviously need two keepers due to Adam and Sammy departing so would like to see Steve brought in as number 1 and Letheren or similar being brought in as reserve.

Tosser!!

Steve Simonsen, if he signs, would be a quality addition - he has played well over 300 games at a top level in England, and would, crucially, add experience and organisation to the defence.

He is better than both Langfield and Samson. I thought Samson was an average goalie, decent shot stopper most of the time, but poor communication and organisation - these are vital skills for a goalkeeper and I think the reasons we had such a poor defensive record last season was bad communication at the back, together with the frequent fannying about when there was no need to.

Steve Simonsen, if he signs, would be a quality addition - he has played well over 300 games at a top level in England, and would, crucially, add experience and organisation to the defence.

He is better than both Langfield and Samson. I thought Samson was an average goalie, decent shot stopper most of the time, but poor communication and organisation - these are vital skills for a goalkeeper and I think the reasons we had such a poor defensive record last season was bad communication at the back, together with the frequent fannying about when there was no need to.

Time will tell Hendo.....My bet is against you

No mate.......Samson is Killie through and through.....Same money or a bit more is enough.......I wish him all the best playing for HIS team

Agreed, I think Samson had his mind made up that he was not staying a long time ago, Danny made an offer but there was no chance of Samson staying no matter the offer.

Would Simonsen not cost more in wages than Samson ? If so, then it would seem the manager wanted rid of him for some reason unsure.png

Doubt it. Baring in mind he was playing for Dundee in the final few months of last season, if they can afford him so can we. A 1 year deal would hopefully suit both partes.

Doubt it. Baring in mind he was playing for Dundee in the final few months of last season, if they can afford him so can we. A 1 year deal would hopefully suit both partes.

Personally I'd like to see a 2 year deal or at least a year with the option of an extra year.