Gary Harkins Signs 2 Year Deal

I'm getting a sense that people think we're now sorted up top.

I suppose it depends on how Danny intends to set the team out next season, but we need options (the much heralded Plan B ) so I would still maintain that another centre forward is required.

That said, the priority must now be at least one goalkeeper, and a left back.

Edited by Drew

I suppose it depends on how Danny intends to set the team out next season, but we need options (the much heralded Plan B ) so I would still maintain that another centre forward is required.

Definitely need another striker, a left back, a keeper and a centre back in my view (to allow Goodwin to go back into midfield to provide some dig)

It's been a good day today - a good bit more business to be done, considering the amount of players released.

Definitely need another striker, a left back, another centre half and two new goalkeepers IMO !

To all who knocked me when I said it was a done deal as I spoke to him I'll accept you apologies

Faraway who what team us or Motherwell earlier post hmmmmmmm humble pis Sir

You tell them Mr Lovestreet. I didn't doubt you for a minute. To read all the abuse you took. It was all out of order.

Not impressed and i don't think he's the kind of player we need at St Mirren. He's not as good as McGowan and he has attitude issues, i frankly have no idea why we have signed him after we secured Gowsers signature.

I hope i'm proved wrong but i think we are looking at Dougie Imrie mark ll.

Of any of the players who have been talked about as potential signings, he was the one I really hoped we got. He's a fantastic footballer. I have to say though, when McGowan signed I thought that would rule out a move for Harkins, in my mind he would have been perfect for that Gowser role behind the striker. Will be interesting to see if he gets pushed wide left or drops deeper into midfield.

Either way I'm delighted he's signed up, definitely a player who adds quality to the squad...

Of any of the players who have been talked about as potential signings, he was the one I really hoped we got. He's a fantastic footballer. I have to say though, when McGowan signed I thought that would rule out a move for Harkins, in my mind he would have been perfect for that Gowser role behind the striker. Will be interesting to see if he gets pushed wide left or drops deeper into midfield.

Either way I'm delighted he's signed up, definitely a player who adds quality to the squad...McGowan only signed for another year ,he could be off in january, Harkins could be 3 years

Not impressed and i don't think he's the kind of player we need at St Mirren. He's not as good as McGowan and he has attitude issues, i frankly have no idea why we have signed him after we secured Gowsers signature.

I hope i'm proved wrong but i think we are looking at Dougie Imrie mark ll.

When Gowser was out injured last season we struggled big time, Hopefully Gary Harkins will provide a bit more support and leave us less reliant on Gowser.