Gary Harkins Signs 2 Year Deal

Wonder if he can be recalled from his loan, the squad is that desperately thin.

I am no fan of his, but he shouldn't have been let go unless we had a replacement lined up. Which we clearly didn't.

I'd rather we had him than Grainger on the left.

I am no fan of his, but he shouldn't have been let go unless we had a replacement lined up. Which we clearly didn't.

I'd rather we had him than Grainger on the left.

Agreed. Not only has Grainger been extremely poor this season, since getting back into the squad he keeps attempting the world class cross field passing which he's total pish at! As rubbish as Harkins has been, we don't have a squad so by continually letting players go when we don't have replacements ready waiting to come in is madness!

I also assumed we had a replacement lined since we let him go so soon, bizarre.

I guess DL has just had enough of him - For Danny to come out in the media and say the Harkins was not doing enough for the club is very telling. I cant remember Danny ever using such blunt and negative language about any player?

Harkins is talented - no doubt - and I always thought he could do something when he came on but his work ethic must be really at odds with Danny's.

2 goals and a mom performance for Oldham today . Mr Johnson seems to know how to get the best from him !

Not sure I'm buying that. I think it is down to the player deciding when he wants to play, and with whom.

Edited by Drew

Possibly playing with better players who allow him to stroll about and show his undoubted talent, unfortunately we can't afford this luxury, a pity.

Johnson played in the same team as him for a while , he'll know how to push his buttons !

Johnson played in the same team as him for a while , he'll know how to push his buttons !

A Dundee supporting mate said pretty much the dame thing, he's quite temperamental, and certainly can turn it on but I feel we don't have enough in our team to allow him to stroll about, and he was a quick target for the boo boys, effecting hi even more.

Not saying he's blameless, but Lennon knew what he was getting and we were never in a position in any games to see him at his best.

Impossible to really say but would have bee interesting to see him if we had managed a run, like winning 2 games in a row.

I agree with that.

He always thought he was too good for us and had zero workrate.

He was a bad signing for us and i don't blame DL for this one unlike others

Nah , it's down to the manager as well. I'll give you the perfect example in Dougie Bell. Made his debut for us under Fergie - Fergie left - Bell couldn't get in the team - Bell was released- Fergie signed Bell - Bell wins numerous medals and is mom in semi of ECWC. If a manager knows how to handle a player he will get the best out of him !

I agree with that.

He always thought he was too good for us and had zero workrate.

He was a bad signing for us and i don't blame DL for this one unlike others

Totally Danny's fault. He even stated himself that he thought he could change Harkins. What next...walk past Danny with a glass of water only for it to turn to wine. It was a stupid, needless and expensive signing by a man who gets lucky more than he shows competency.