Gary Harkins Signs 2 Year Deal

Might give some credence to the Rooney 'swap' deal.

Still not convinced, though.

Still wouldn't solve the problem even if it was true, Rooney is only 5ft 10.

Never thought I'd say this but we should've kept Parkin if we had no-one else to take pressure off Thommo. It's been obvious he's knackered the last 10-15 mins all season with the shift he puts in.

Never thought I'd say this but we should've kept Parkin if we had no-one else to take pressure off Thommo. It's been obvious he's knackered the last 10-15 mins all season with the shift he puts in.

He always looks ok when he's on the TV every weekend?

Still tall in comparison to Campbell.

Slightly puzzled as to why some don't seem to want Adam Rooney, if the rumour is true then why would we not take a striker who scored 44 goals in 100 appearances for ICT. I would be delighted if this one comes off, however unlikely.

Most of them were in the First Division, to be fair. He has 27 goals in 78 games at SPL level.

Bit bemused at how Oldham would even want to take Harkins based on his performances so far this season. The annoying thing is that the guy does have talent, for me he's just lazy and not playing every week means its a vicious circle for him as it strikes me that he is one of those guys that needs regular games or his fitness goes.

Good luck to him but he needs to up his game if he wants to play at a decent level.

Going by his twitter account he seems #buzzing to be down at oldham

Another guy who always turned it on against us and probably earning decent wages for doing next to nothing - was keen to see what he could do for us when he signed but its been a non starter.

Would liked to have seen him doing well for us but it was never going to happen, he seemed more content with fooling about on the touchline and playing crossbar challenge at half time.

Bit bemused at how Oldham would even want to take Harkins based on his performances so far this season. The annoying thing is that the guy does have talent, for me he's just lazy and not playing every week means its a vicious circle for him as it strikes me that he is one of those guys that needs regular games or his fitness goes.

Good luck to him but he needs to up his game if he wants to play at a decent level.

think he used to play with the Oldham manager at Killie, so he'll know what he's getting and is happy with that or he'll hope that Harkins will put in the effort seeing as their mates.

No you couldn't, Gary's been here for 3 seasons.

actually you could, if you were looking at Teales stats for this season. That's the thing with stats they always differ depending on what you want to see.

What were Gary Brady's stats like? maybe it's people with the name Gary, they just don't like Danny or playing for Danny?

Does anyone that posts on here go by the name of Gary? Do you like Danny? Maybe should do a poll?

For what it's worth I don't think you can compare Teale and Harkins as players, one is a hard working athlete who has worked incredibly hard to utilise his main natural talent, mainly his pace to earn himself a fortune, play for his country, play in some of the biggest stadiums in the world and won the League cup with the mighty Saints.

The other is a guy who imo has more natural footballing talent than most of us could dream of sadly he can't get by on flicks and tricks (the way older unfitter guys do on a 5's pitch) alone, he doesn't come across as a guy that has had to work hard to get where he is. Skill will only get you so far the other part is desire and I feel that as Harkins had skill in abundance he has managed to get by without needing the desire that could have made him a better footballer.

actually you could, if you were looking at Teales stats for this season. That's the thing with stats they always differ depending on what you want to see.

What were Gary Brady's stats like? maybe it's people with the name Gary, they just don't like Danny or playing for Danny?

Does anyone that posts on here go by the name of Gary? Do you like Danny? Maybe should do a poll?

For what it's worth I don't think you can compare Teale and Harkins as players, one is a hard working athlete who has worked incredibly hard to utilise his main natural talent, mainly his pace to earn himself a fortune, play for his country, play in some of the biggest stadiums in the world and won the League cup with the mighty Saints.

The other is a guy who imo has more natural footballing talent than most of us could dream of sadly he can't get by on flicks and tricks (the way older unfitter guys do on a 5's pitch) alone, he doesn't come across as a guy that has had to work hard to get where he is. Skill will only get you so far the other part is desire and I feel that as Harkins had skill in abundance he has managed to get by without needing the desire that could have made him a better footballer.

Comparing starts for a season with total starts with a club is a pretty unfair comparison, don't you agree?

Comparing starts for a season with total starts with a club is a pretty unfair comparison, don't you agree?

Comparing ANY stats is invalid because there are lots of variables which change. This means it's impossible to assign cause to a specific one just by looking at the numbers.

What you are doing with Harkins (because you appear to have one agenda after another) is confusing correlation and causation.

Edited by oaksoft

Great tweet I read this morning. Really shows what a negative impact Gary had on the team:

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBlack & White Army1388837068.910666.jpg

Is it great? In what way?

It takes a correlation and tries to imply causation.

Please tell me the great Lex hasn't made this rather embarassing mistake.

You have haven't you?

Oh dear!

Maybe, if anyone could be arsed taking this any further, a comparison between Teale and Harkin's stats for their first six months with us, might be fairer.

I seem to remember that Teale's first season for us was pretty gash.