Gary Harkins Signs 2 Year Deal

We had no one on the bench today that could have replaced gowser or thommo who were both well of the pace today. Should of had it in the loan deal to recall him if we don't get anyone in before the window shuts

I suspect he wouldn't appreciate that, and would be even less interested.

We can't have a passenger like him in our team, how many times in the Team did he look like he could run the length of himself ???

I don't deny he has talent but from some of the comments on here you would have thought we let go a world beater.

He was a self confessed lazy sod so I have no problem with him moving away to let somebody else in that will contribute more.

I am not bothered what he does elsewhere either...couldn't/wouldn't do it for us so thanks and cheerio.

IMHO.

I just hope that he continues ro turn in the performances like today for Oldham till the end of his loan spell because at the end of the day he is still our olayer and contracted beyond this season. The more he impresses down south, the more we can demand a transfer fee.

Good point. Hadn't thought of it that way.

I just hope that he continues ro turn in the performances like today for Oldham till the end of his loan spell because at the end of the day he is still our olayer and contracted beyond this season. The more he impresses down south, the more we can demand a transfer fee.

Or he could just be a perfect replacement for McGowan who's prob the most overrated player we have had.

Nah , it's down to the manager as well. I'll give you the perfect example in Dougie Bell. Made his debut for us under Fergie - Fergie left - Bell couldn't get in the team - Bell was released- Fergie signed Bell - Bell wins numerous medals and is mom in semi of ECWC. If a manager knows how to handle a player he will get the best out of him !

I. Belt him with a hair drier or throw a boot at him.whistling.gif

We can't have a passenger like him in our team, how many times in the Team did he look like he could run the length of himself ???

I don't deny he has talent but from some of the comments on here you would have thought we let go a world beater.

He was a self confessed lazy sod so I have no problem with him moving away to let somebody else in that will contribute more.

I am not bothered what he does elsewhere either...couldn't/wouldn't do it for us so thanks and cheerio.

IMHO.

Indeed, hilarious how when a players leaves the hysteria to have him back grows yet when he was here the vast majority loathed him? 1eye.gif

[/quote. My guess is that if he continues to do well then we would be happy to let them have him for free at the end of the season to get him off the wage bill without having to pay him off early like the vast majority of Lennon's failed signings.

[/quote. My guess is that if he continues to do well then we would be happy to let them have him for free at the end of the season to get him off the wage bill without having to pay him off early like the vast majority of Lennon's failed signings.

Have to disagree im sorry. If he does well down there he might have more than one club admiring him. The boy celtic have out on loan at notrs county is doing extremely well and now have a few league one clubs after him. There is no way we would let him leave for nowt. I dont think we would be hard to deal with in regards to a transfer fee though I think we coukd profit from this.

I doubt Harkins will pull on a saints jersey again as Lennon thought he could change his attitude and he couldn't.

Indeed, hilarious how when a players leaves the hysteria to have him back grows yet when he was here the vast majority loathed him? 1eye.gif

As you well know Robert I try to be a half full type of guy but as far as GH is concerned I think he has done the right thing and gone elsewhere that he might play a bit more. We all want a bigger squad and this will make an opening for us to fill. Lee Mair also has gained Beckenbauer status ....... Goodness me ,players come and go, that's the way of things. Are Posters really suggesting we were reliant on GH and LM .......Surely we want better ??

Nah , it's down to the manager as well. I'll give you the perfect example in Dougie Bell. Made his debut for us under Fergie - Fergie left - Bell couldn't get in the team - Bell was released- Fergie signed Bell - Bell wins numerous medals and is mom in semi of ECWC. If a manager knows how to handle a player he will get the best out of him !

FFS Billy, Alex Ferguson as an example?? We are not exactly talking bog standard SPL managers here. Maybe Bell was star-struck or suffered a bit of man-love vis a vis Fergie, the fact that he responded only to the game's greatest ever manager makes him an even bigger douchebag/idiot in my opinion. And let's not talk of the rampant rumours of the day that suggested DB acted up like a bitch in order to work his ticket out of Paisley in order to link up with AF again, which even included stories of him rolling up for training packing a half bottle of vodka just to piss people off. More fool Dougie for swallowing his lines when he got left high and dry at Aberdeen folloing Fergies departure.

Now, if you are telling me that we definitely have the next fergie lined up to take over from DL then i will personally throw danny off the premises and administer any necessary beatings required to clear the decks myself, but if you cant prove that said bolt of lightning will perchance strike our premises twice in my lifetime then I suggest we stick to realistic comparisons

FFS Billy, Alex Ferguson as an example?? We are not exactly talking bog standard SPL managers here. Maybe Bell was star-struck or suffered a bit of man-love vis a vis Fergie, the fact that he responded only to the game's greatest ever manager makes him an even bigger douchebag/idiot in my opinion. And let's not talk of the rampant rumours of the day that suggested DB acted up like a bitch in order to work his ticket out of Paisley in order to link up with AF again, which even included stories of him rolling up for training packing a half bottle of vodka just to piss people off. More fool Dougie for swallowing his lines when he got left high and dry at Aberdeen folloing Fergies departure.

Now, if you are telling me that we definitely have the next fergie lined up to take over from DL then i will personally throw danny off the premises and administer any necessary beatings required to clear the decks myself, but if you cant prove that said bolt of lightning will perchance strike our premises twice in my lifetime then I suggest we stick to realistic comparisons

OK Chris , I'll give you another example , under Tony Fitzpatrick Tommy Turner couldn't get a game , so much so that he asked to be released , instead we loaned him to QOS. Enter Hendrie , first thing he does is recall TT and makes him captain . TT turns his career around because Hendrie wants him and rates him. It ain't rocket science , if the manager has the sense and willing to bring out the best in a player he'll do it , sadly Danny is found wanting in that department !

OK Chris , I'll give you another example , under Tony Fitzpatrick Tommy Turner couldn't get a game , so much so that he asked to be released , instead we loaned him to QOS. Enter Hendrie , first thing he does is recall TT and makes him captain . TT turns his career around because Hendrie wants him and rates him. It ain't rocket science , if the manager has the sense and willing to bring out the best in a player he'll do it , sadly Danny is found wanting in that department !

T.T. turned himself into a legend with help from T.H. ( a legend also )

If thistle had gary harkins in there team they would be further up the table, he's exactly the kind of player there possession football is missing, he would bag them a few goals.

if Thistle had the Harkins that we have seen in their team they probably wouldn't be a possession team. He hasn't kept the ball all season. The rely on hardworkers just as much if not more than we do.

You get the feeling that Harkins needs to feel like he's the best player at the club and everything like tactics, selections etc revolve around him. If he isn't made to feel like the star attraction then he's not interested.

Just my take on Gary Harkins. A player we should never have signed?

Edited by davidg