Saints V Newcastle Tues 30Th July

Ye, maybe we have got them at a discounted price.

Thats what happens when you want to play a big team though, plenty of fans have been moaning for years about getting a 'glamour' friendly at home.

Pretty sure County will be charging more than usual for their friendly with Man U.

Brentford have given Celtic fans 2 stands for their game, the Brentford chairman said its to make sure they make enough money to cover the fee Celtic wanted.

Newcastle U21 team isn't exactly a glamour game

Guest somner9

I do hope none of our Supporters hard earned money will be given to multi million pound Newcastle as a fee for turning up.

Whit aboot aw that money you earn appearing in their new sponsor's TV ad's Earl..? sorry I mean Shull

Poor PR by the Geordies,

Should have been presented as,

"Legends Peter Breadsley and Wullie Donaghie are delighted to have the opportunity to take Paul Dummet and Conor Newton back to St. Mirren Park to allow both under 21 players to thank the Saints support for their encouragement during their momentous League Cup Win.

We will be honouring this occasion with Paul's and Conor's under 21 team which will be strengthened with a number of first team players to add a bit of spice to the match.

Paisley will once again be entirely black and white for a day."

Then, as we get closer to the game, and if tickets sales are sluggish, Newcastle can start name dropping the members of the first team squad who are travelling to Paisley.

Peter Breadsley and Wullie Donaghie in corporate would be well received.

Edited cause I'm a bad spelar.

Edited by E=Mc2

Why should they get a fee ?

They should pay us for the honour of playing against the famous St Mirren and National Cup Winners.

When did their pishy Team actually win summat substantial.

Guest somner9

mibbaes we should parade the league cup in front of them to show what successful teams achieve???

Then again only Dummett and Newton will ken whit a cup/trophy iswhistling.gif

We should give all our friend's from the North East of E a big warm welcome to Paisley.

Both sets of fans share a heritage of coming from a once prosperous industrial area.

We are black and white wearing working class football followers and the Geordies are no different.

Let's give them a day to remember and perhaps their supporters will want to keep coming back.

If Paul Dummet and Conor Newton bring their pals who attended the Cup Final then that'll be 50 bodies to start with.

We should give all our friend's from the North East of E a big warm welcome to Paisley.

Both sets of fans share a heritage of coming from a once prosperous industrial area.

We are black and white wearing working class football followers and the Geordies are no different.

Let's give them a day to remember and perhaps their supporters will want to keep coming back.

If Paul Dummet and Conor Newton bring their pals who attended the Cup Final then that'll be 50 bodies to start with.

Well said. After 30 years of watching both sides, finally i get to see them play each other in some shape or form, even if it is slightly disappointing that NUFC are saying it's our u21s. I'm looking forward to it none the less.

Piss poor IMO

They are bringing a 1st team squad to play a 2nd Division side full of unknown players, so much for our affiliation with them.

Any game at ibrox, while still to be confirmed, will come as a result of Ashleys self interest more than anything. He owns nufc and has an 8.9% stake in that lot.

Piss poor IMO

They are bringing a 1st team squad to play a 2nd Division side full of unknown players, so much for our affiliation with them.

If it was any other team I'd agree.

But I'd rather see Newton and Dummett play than any other NUFC players. I imagine that is why they organised a U21 match.

Piss poor IMO

Your opinion

But in my opinion, it's a great idea, with all their U21's on show and taking in the club environment, seeing what Paul and Connor experienced in their time here, best possible chance for Danny, Tommy and the fans to run the rule over any potential loanees who might be in the frame for a spell up here, and also one or 2 first team players thrown in.

£15 quid would get you into the pictures, a bucket of carbohydrate, a cup of sugary water and a seat in the dark, but I'll be at SMP with my flag and my dreams for 2013/2014, ready to see the black and white spectacle - it will be a good day out! Come on ye Saints