Beginning Of The Pyramid League......

HSS

With this reorg, I imagine the SFA are hoping it will sooner be sevco. mad.gif

Well the bold Archie Macpherson was certainly woooooofing it up was on the gogglebox last night. His vein bulging insistance on SEVCO for the SPL was cringeworthy. He was asked about sporting integrity and he just laughed it off.

So far I don't see a true pyramid system at all, what has happened is that a fifth level has been added to the SPFPFPL. This invites some questions:

A) How is promotion up to this 5th Division going to be handled? Will it be on merit (i.e. a proper pyramid), or by invitation (i.e. by Cockwombling).

B) Are the main Junior clubs likely to want to join in eventually? (Cos they sure as heck don't seem interested right now.)

C) Why impose another league above the existing Juniors, East, and SofScot leagues - is this so that if/when it all goes tits up, there will be less damage to the current leagues?

D) Why is the new league not also above the Highland League?

E) How much money will be spent on the new Lowland League, and where will it come from?

F) Will season tickets be valid? whistling.gif

G) Was this new league established just in case The Govan Bluebells (again)/Jam Tarts/Killie get liquidated, and are not allowed to start afresh in Div3, to give them a place in the pyramid?

Well the bold Archie Macpherson was certainly woooooofing it up was on the gogglebox last night. His vein bulging insistance on SEVCO for the SPL was cringeworthy. He was asked about sporting integrity and he just laughed it off.

Old Archie is bonkers and why STV keep wheeling him out to talk about football is beyond me. He was a commentator FFS, his opinion doesn't carry any more weight than that of any average fan. He couldn't wait to start crying about Sevco and then said Hearts should be kept in the SPL if they were liquidated.

Some folk seem to have a sort of affection for him cos he commentated on some important Scotland games but he was an Old Firm obsessed tit in the 70s & 80s and nothing's changed.

I thought the East Kilbride team would have been Thistle,the local Junior team.It is actually the amalgamation of a couple of local Amateur teams who have been in existence for only 3 years.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/sfl/ek-gain-place-in-lowland-league-127754n.21371189

I wonder how this will affect Clydes planned move to EK.It's surely not a big enough Town to support these two plus EK Thistle.

So far I don't see a true pyramid system at all, what has happened is that a fifth level has been added to the SPFPFPL. This invites some questions:

A) How is promotion up to this 5th Division going to be handled? Will it be on merit (i.e. a proper pyramid), or by invitation (i.e. by Cockwombling).

cool.png Are the main Junior clubs likely to want to join in eventually? (Cos they sure as heck don't seem interested right now.)

C) Why impose another league above the existing Juniors, East, and SofScot leagues - is this so that if/when it all goes tits up, there will be less damage to the current leagues?

E) How much money will be spent on the new Lowland League, and where will it come from?

G) Was this new league established just in case The Govan Bluebells (again)/Jam Tarts/Killie get liquidated, and are not allowed to start afresh in Div3, to give them a place in the pyramid?

17 formal applications out of a potential 170 clubs. Of the 12 selected only 3 hold an SFA licence. The rest have to get one by May 2015. One of the selected teams EKFC don't even have a home stadium.

I guess this is what happens when you hand over the national football league set up to the most incompetent shower of arseholes ever to administer football.

I thought the East Kilbride team would have been Thistle,the local Junior team.It is actually the amalgamation of a couple of local Amateur teams who have been in existence for only 3 years.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/sfl/ek-gain-place-in-lowland-league-127754n.21371189

I wonder how this will affect Clydes planned move to EK.It's surely not a big enough Town to support these two plus EK Thistle.

Did EK Thistle not go bust?

I know a lot of the guys at EKFC and they are a decent bunch of guys with reasonable ambition. I hope they do well but this has come way too soon for them IMO.

Guest somner9

And some fat bastard from wishaw said it would never happenclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

That'll be Clyde heading to groundshare at Crappielow then?

Why don't Clyde go home and share with Glencairn ?

Or even back to Shawfield ?

I don't think professional clubs are allowed to ground share with Junior clubs.Clyde got kicked out of Shawfield,the dug people didnae want them.

Probably because they didnae......winalot.

cool.png Are the main Junior clubs likely to want to join in eventually? (Cos they sure as heck don't seem interested right now.)

Not heard all the details but

A) On merit. Teams can be promoted to and relegated from the Lowland League. If they meet requirements.

B)The invitation was there for the juniors but they feel quite comfortable within their own set up. They have also said that they would be more interested next season. I.e. they'll wait and see what happens and if it works, then they'll get involved.

C) Seen as the best way to bring the interested teams from different leagues together. Could have been done via a play off competition but they've chosen this way.

D) The Lowland League is equal to the Highland League. Junior teams in the north can now apply for the Highland League and enter the pyramid that way. The winners of Highland and Lowland meet in a playoff to then see who plays off against the bottom team of SFL3. Bit many play offs but that's what the SFL3 clubs would accept.

E) Being discussed elsewhere and no definite figures.

F) Aye. For the team you bought it for.

G) Who knows?

I know a few folk involved in the EofS and although they dont think this is perfect and there's issues still to be sorted, they are pleased that at long last there is some kind of pyramid system in place. It's a start.

I will probably be more likely to go down and see Selkirk now than I did for EofS games. Might even go to see Gala and Innerleithen as well.

17 formal applications out of a potential 170 clubs. Of the 12 selected only 3 hold an SFA licence. The rest have to get one by May 2015. One of the selected teams EKFC don't even have a home stadium.

I guess this is what happens when you hand over the national football league set up to the most incompetent shower of arseholes ever to administer football.

5 more than were required.

It's a start. Many clubs are worried about the cost of compliance.

That's the only reason for the low formal application number.

You are far too premature in writing this off just like you were when you said NO Junior clubs were interested.

Do you just not learn or do you see it as your job to amuse the masses with your drivel?

Within 10 years this entire pyramid will have expanded beyond recognition.

Edited by oaksoft

You are far too premature in writing this off just like you were when you said NO Junior clubs were interested.

Do you just not learn or do you see it as your job to amuse the masses with your drivel?

It's not the only reason for the low take up Oaksoft. If you talk to committee members at many Junior clubs there is a consensus that they would be mad to give up their status and their power in the Junior Leagues for a couple of home matches a season against Montrose or Albion Rovers. Not one of the big Junior clubs was interested Oaksoft - theres no Auchinleck, no Pollock, no Arthurlie, no Irvine Meadow, no Shotts or Linlithgow Rose. Infact perhaps you might care to point out to me which one of those 12 clubs came from Junior football Oaksoft - cause I can't see any. :rolleyes:

Edited by Stuart Dickson

It's not the only reason for the low take up Oaksoft. If you talk to committee members at many Junior clubs there is a consensus that they would be mad to give up their status and their power in the Junior Leagues for a couple of home matches a season against Montrose or Albion Rovers. Not one of the big Junior clubs was interested Oaksoft - theres no Auchinleck, no Pollock, no Arthurlie, no Irvine Meadow, no Shotts or Linlithgow Rose. Infact perhaps you might care to point out to me which one of those 12 clubs came from Junior football Oaksoft - cause I can't see any. rolleyes.gif

PATIENCE!! FFS Stuart.

Junior clubs ARE interested. They are just worried about financing it at this stage.

I said you'll see the ambitious ones making the transition upwards. I didn't say they'd do it on day one.

You have changed from saying no junior clubs are interested to no BIG junior clubs are interested. Don't think

I'm daft enough not to spot your subtle shift.

BTW these clubs will not see themselves as competing against Montrose.

They'll all fancy their chances of doing an ICT or a Ross County and playing in the SPL.

Finally, if the junior club ownwers want to protect their power base rather than doing what's best for their club then that's up to them.

WGAS anyway. It's Junior clubs not Barcelona and Real Madrid. We don't need them.

Edited by oaksoft

Guest somner9

As predicted many moons ago by Somner9 and rubbished by Jabba The Pipe Fitter:

Pyramid Structure - Check

Regional Leagues - Check

Opportunity for the likes of Spartans and Juniors to help re-invigorate the professional game (and show a few how to run a club) - Check

It's great to get THREE straight!

• 5 years later...
On Wednesday, June 19, 2013 at 1:46 AM, oaksoft said:

How do we feel this has developed 5 years on? Some clubs seem to have made it to the top 4 leagues. 

6 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

How do we feel this has developed 5 years on? Some clubs seem to have made it to the top 4 leagues. 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/16121118.juniors-set-to-join-spfl-pyramid-system-after-clubs-vote-in-favour/

Guys like Dickson always fail to allow for the effect of time in matters like this.

Junior clubs were never going to ignore the chance of playing at the top level.

Every one of them will have looked at Hamilton and Livingston and truly believed they can replicate that success.

I said it would take 10 years in 2013 but it looks like it might come a bit quicker than that.

26 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/16121118.juniors-set-to-join-spfl-pyramid-system-after-clubs-vote-in-favour/

Guys like Dickson always fail to allow for the effect of time in matters like this.

Junior clubs were never going to ignore the chance of playing at the top level.

Every one of them will have looked at Hamilton and Livingston and truly believed they can replicate that success.

I said it would take 10 years in 2013 but it looks like it might come a bit quicker than that.

My feelings too on the progress made and others are hungry to join them.

Must surely lead to improvements in standard and greater local interest as those clubs with ambition make their way through.