Beginning Of The Pyramid League......

HSS

On 11/5/2018 at 12:48 PM, St.Ricky said:

How do we feel this has developed 5 years on? Some clubs seem to have made it to the top 4 leagues. 

The only club to come up so far is Edinburgh City at the expense of East Stirlingshire. Credit to City as they look good this season after a couple of difficult years. The Shire have been alright but can't compete against the likes of Spartans and East Kilbride, and by the looks of it Kelty Hearts as well.

I do like this pyramid system though and I hope it continues to expand. There's a lot of decent wee clubs who deserve a shot of making it into the national leagues. I'm glad Scotland finally opened its doors properly to these clubs.

• 1 month later...

On 11/6/2018 at 3:52 PM, Cornwall_Saint said:

The only club to come up so far is Edinburgh City at the expense of East Stirlingshire. Credit to City as they look good this season after a couple of difficult years. The Shire have been alright but can't compete against the likes of Spartans and East Kilbride, and by the looks of it Kelty Hearts as well.

I do like this pyramid system though and I hope it continues to expand. There's a lot of decent wee clubs who deserve a shot of making it into the national leagues. I'm glad Scotland finally opened its doors properly to these clubs.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/championship/clubs-to-veto-fifth-tier-over-celtic-and-rangers-colt-promotion-plan-1-4851216

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 11:02 PM, Cornwall_Saint said:

Good to see Scottish clubs standing up to the bigots. Colt sides are the worst part of this idea.

Good to see Championship clubs standing up to them you mean.

Reading between the lines (and I appreciated nothing had been agreed or decided), it appears that League 1 & 2 sides were more than happy to hoover up the crumbs from the bigots' table.

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Good to see Championship clubs standing up to them you mean.

Reading between the lines (and I appreciated nothing had been agreed or decided), it appears that League 1 & 2 sides were more than happy to hoover up the crumbs from the bigots' table.

Have you got a source for this?

It wouldn’t surprise me, it was the feckers in League Two who happily let Sevco 2012 enter the Scottish leagues when they were formed. They should have had to apply for the available place, not be voted straight in.

5 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Have you got a source for this?

It wouldn’t surprise me, it was the feckers in League Two who happily let Sevco 2012 enter the Scottish leagues when they were formed. They should have had to apply for the available place, not be voted straight in.

No No. No source. Like I said...just reading between the lines.

Meeting held in December with League 1 & 2 clubs with a plan for a further meeting. So in other words it wasn't dismissed out of hand at the first mention.

Whereas, this (albeit limited) article, would suggest that the Championship clubs are likely to dismiss it at the first whiff.

No more to my comment than that.