Penilee Road Shops Parking Protocol

shull

An old guy gave me a row earlier for parking legally at the above Shops.

I had parallel parked with the kerb causing no obstruction whatsover.

He wanted me to park , like the other 4 cars there, by putting my front 2 wheels up and over the kerb with half my car on the pavement and the front of my vehicle facing the front of the Shops.

I just said to him, i'm not parking illegally and ventured shopwards without making a fuss.

Well ?

He wanted me to park , like the other 4 cars there, by putting my front 2 wheels up and over the kerb with half my car on the pavement and the front of my vehicle facing the front of the Shops.

I just said to him, i'm not parking illegally and ventured shopwards without making a fuss.

Well ?

You really need to stop looking in the mirror and arguing with yourself.

Just to add, there is a Disabled Space marked out at said Shops for parallel to kerb parking and not for half a car up on the pavement parking.

Serious subject ..

Parking at they shops is a nightmare. I reckon you are correct however it seems that almost everyone parks halfway on the pavement. I suppose more cars can squeeze in when they are parked this way.

The old guy seemed heated about the situation that i didnae understand.

I just don't get that bumping 2 tyres up a highish kerb is more desirable than parking properly and legally.

Well ?

An auld guy?

He must be about a hunner if he's aulder than you?

Parking at they shops is a nightmare. I reckon you are correct however it seems that almost everyone parks halfway on the pavement. I suppose more cars can squeeze in when they are parked this way.

Indeed, which most are too lazy to walk the extra yards if they park legally further up the Penilee Road or round the corner in Glasgow Road.

An auld guy?

He must be about a hunner if he's aulder than you?

He wisnae far off it, i thought it was Willie Todd at first.

Hope i dinnae turn out as grumpy as that auld yin.

Well ?

you don't give a shiney shite what we think, taxi drivers rule the roads do they not?

you don't give a shiney shite what we think, taxi drivers rule the roads do they not?

Some think they do Joe.

In reality, a lot of them are really poor and are far from being professional drivers.

To be fair, cars have parked in this fashion at Cayzer Court since the 1960s. Any blind folk caught out by the cars with their noses on the pavement would have to be walking round remembering when it was all open fields as far as the eye can see round here...

I think you're being a wee bit mischievous with the natives of Ralph's town, Shull.

To be fair, cars have parked in this fashion at Cayzer Court since the 1960s. Any blind folk caught out by the cars with their noses on the pavement would have to be walking round remembering when it was all open fields as far as the eye can see round here...

I think you're being a wee bit mischievous with the natives of Ralph's town, Shull.

Is that Ralph who used to help Gerry run the Junior Supporters Bus in the 70's ?

And to add, it is Ralston and not Rolston ?

I picked up a Lady years ago who told me to take her to Rolston.

I said," Ralston, no problem."

She said," No, it's Rolston !"

I said, " I'm no sure where it is, is it next to Ferguslie ? "

I GOT NAE F*CKING TIP, BUT I NEARLY DIED LAUGHING THINKING OF HER SOUR FACE lol.gif

As there are no signs stipulating what way you should park or no marked bays either, you're quite within your rights to tell the auld tosspot to jog on!

Now I'm not pro Traffic Police, but I reckon that one of the busiest times at said place would be in the morning, drivers jumping out for the morning paper and the like. Instead of hiding in bus shelters and unmarked cars on Glasgow Road, why don't they just book drivers who park illegally with their front wheels on the kerb? Don't think people will enjoy paying a £30 fixed penalty notice along with their morning paper! wasntme-sign.gif

As there are no signs stipulating what way you should park or no marked bays either, you're quite within your rights to tell the auld tosspot to jog on!

Now I'm not pro Traffic Police, but I reckon that one of the busiest times at said place would be in the morning, drivers jumping out for the morning paper and the like. Instead of hiding in bus shelters and unmarked cars on Glasgow Road, why don't they just book drivers who park illegally with their front wheels on the kerb? Don't think people will enjoy paying a £30 fixed penalty notice along with their morning paper! wasntme-sign.gif

Great post Gudmunder !! clap.gif

The only marked bay is the Disabled one and it's marked out for " parallel to kerb " and not pavement parking.

Is that Ralph who used to help Gerry run the Junior Supporters Bus in the 70's ?

And to add, it is Ralston and not Rolston ?

I picked up a Lady years ago who told me to take her to Rolston.

I said," Ralston, no problem."

She said," No, it's Rolston !"

I said, " I'm no sure where it is, is it next to Ferguslie ? "

I GOT NAE F*CKING TIP, BUT I NEARLY DIED LAUGHING THINKING OF HER SOUR FACE :lol

There's a area near Bearsden called Balderknock.

Pronounced "bald er knock" one would assume.

Lady says she's from Ball der nick".

When she contradicted me I spelled where she lived.

It didn't help her mood.

There's a area near Bearsden called Balderknock.

Pronounced "bald er knock" one would assume.

Lady says she's from Ball der nick".

When she contradicted me I spelled where she lived.

It didn't help her mood.

I come from Barrhead but some tell me it's Borrheid.