St Mirren V Newcastle United Friendly 30/7/13

shull

The Toon Army generally travel in very large numbers for most away games.

What are the chances they bring up 1000 plus fans for this one? Anyone heard anything about the numbers coming? Assume it will be pay on the gate for them.

It feels like it's been about a decade since we last had a decent home pre season fixture. The last big English team we had visit St Mirren Park was Villa or West Ham in the mid to late 80's.

Looking forward to seeing the Toon in town with Dummet and co in action. Maybe another player or two might be loaned to us for next season.;-)

St Mirren 0 Newcastle 4

NUFC had 2384 away at Blackpool yesterday, including a few saints fans on the way back from Stockport. A lot of people would have chosen Blackpool if they had to pick one friendly to choose, because of the chance of a weekend on the drink. Hard to say how many will go up tomorrow. Would be a lot more if toon fans weren't so dis-heartened by the way the club is being run, run into the ground that is. Hope it's a decent turnout. SSN saying Ben-Arfa, Coloccini and Tiote will play, along with Cisse, so hopefully a few may have a change of heart and get along to the game.

Edited by john scott

Why on earth are some Saints fans going on about 6-0 gubbings and shitting it?

FFS, this is great news. A Premier League team who play in the stripes, who gave us trophy winning loanees, who are supported by many Buddies, who are geographically close to Scotland, are bringing a first team to play at FeegieField.

Brilliant. It will be a test, of course it will, but our players will up their game, and their attitude will be vastly upped from a fitness kick-about against bloody Dumbarton, Stirling, or Ayr United away.

I might wear my Keegan era grandad collar Newcastle shirt. Get the gloom and doom tae' fcuk.... Come on ye' Saints, Toon Army! Toon Army!

According to the 'fishel site these players will all be there.

Fabricio Coloccini, Davide Santon, Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa, Mathieu Debuchy, Hatem Ben Arfa, Cheick Tiote, Papiss Cisse, Yoan Gouffran and Sammy Ameobi, Conor Newton and Paul Dummett.

Fabricio Coloccini, Davide Santon, Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa, Mathieu Debuchy, Hatem Ben Arfa, Cheick Tiote, Papiss Cisse, Yoan Gouffran and Sammy Ameobi, Conor Newton and Paul Dummett.

Anything less than a win against that lot would be unacceptable!

*gulp*

Anything less than a win against that lot would be unacceptable!

*gulp*

Saints v Toon bingo:

1. Chieck Tiote booked for going in hard on McGowan.

2. Jim Goodwin booked for seeking retribution on Chieck Tiote.

3. Jim Goodwin and Chieck Tiote both booked for squaring up to each other.

House!

FFS, this is great news. A Premier League team who play in the stripes, who gave us trophy winning loanees, who are supported by many Buddies, who are geographically close to Scotland, are bringing a first team to play at FeegieField.

Brilliant. It will be a test, of course it will, but our players will up their game, and their attitude will be vastly upped from a fitness kick-about against bloody Dumbarton, Stirling, or Ayr United away.

I might wear my Keegan era grandad collar Newcastle shirt. Get the gloom and doom tae' fcuk.... Come on ye' Saints, Toon Army! Toon Army!

I agree.

We should be chuffed as hell.

If Usian Bolt wanted to race me, just try and stop me.

Holy crap we are going to get absolutely hosed by this lot.

I feel drawn to come to the game though despite our ludicrous seating policy and the high prices.

It's not often we get to see talent of that calibre at our ground.

Just hope that whatever happens our players don't get affected if things go seriously south for us.

Holy crap we are going to get absolutely hosed by this lot.

I feel drawn to come to the game though despite our ludicrous seating policy and the high prices.

It's not often we get to see talent of that calibre at our ground.

Just hope that whatever happens our players don't get affected if things go seriously south for us.

Bought my ticket this afternoon.

£15 is too much for a pre-season match against any opposition, but I'll bite this bullet on this occasion as it will be good to see EPL players at St Mirren Park (and will also afford the opportunity to give Dummett and Newton a good reception).

Bought my ticket this afternoon.

£15 is too much for a pre-season match against any opposition, but I'll bite this bullet on this occasion as it will be good to see EPL players at St Mirren Park (and will also afford the opportunity to give Dummett and Newton a good reception).

Remember that he changed his name to sound French and get into Pardew's plans. It worked. He's now known as Jean-Paul Du'mett.

Thats the problem,the players will up their game for a glamour friendly no worries,its the bread and butter games that worry me more

Really looking forward to this match and a think it will be a great atmosphere regardless of the result lets just enjoy the night

as said we owe a lot to Pardew and newcastle for giving us Dummett and Newton both who played big parts in our trophy win last year and a think they will be giving us another 2 this season

Newcastle should be the buddies Premiership team :-D

This is going to sound ridiculous, but in a weird way I'm more excited about this than the cup final. I was a bag of nerves on March 17th - couldn't enjoy the build-up at all. This one simply doesn't matter and it'll be an entertaining match, no matter which way you cut it.

Now, let's show the long-suffering Geordies what a trophy-winning team looks like thumbup2.gif