St Mirren V Newcastle United Friendly 30/7/13

shull

Guest somner9

Nice moment when Cheick Tiote climbed into the stand at half time and gave his shirt to the young St. Mirren fan who he hit with the ball.

I'd have broke his f**king arm if he'd hit me with the ball then offered a sweaty blue shirt!

To add: Many have commented on how Thommo and our general forward play is well below par so far!

I would point you in the direction of my previous comments re: Danny playing a youngster at left back, us getting pumped and the BoD suddenly finding money to secure an experienced/effective left back. It aint rocket science that goodwin was told to pump howitzer's at Reilly!

DL doing what any shrewd manager would do, highlighting the squad weaknesses to gain leverage with the BoD for a late addition,or two?

Edited by somner9

I honestly don't know why some of the negative dolts in our support bother turning up to watch us.

Apparently every player we have is shite.

Personally I don't think it's the players that are shite....................................

I'm not going to bore you with paragraph's of my outlook on last nights game.

What i will say is that there are some amount of knicker wetters on here. i shouldn't have based my opinion on that and told the jags fans on saturday that st mirren will be SPFL cannon fodder this season, clearly you won't.

I'm sure if you keep the witch hunt up, you will all get your wish and you'll hound a good manager out a job. then it's only a matter of time before you get a manager you deserve.... Gus.

Incidentally, does the main stand have a better atmosphere(outlook) than the west stand?

@FTOF - I agree, I think it was a decent performance, but some areas of weakness remain and people are still edgy about those.

I was saying to KennyP last night I'd put in a cheeky loan offer for Dan Gosling, their number 15 (the only white guy they had up front in the first half). He looked mobile, strong, kept the ball well, and, more importantly, I really can't see him getting a sniff at St James' this season. Could be wrong, of course - he may have played his way into contention last night.

I have also, on here, slagged off Sammy Ameobi before (when he was linked with us on the rumour mill), but I tell you what, he would absolutely wreak havoc in the SPL. Some of his flicks were outrageous and he'd be pure box-office. I still don't think he's EPL but is probably rated as 'an option from the bench' for Newcastle now.

Finally, I though Dummett looked very comfortable last night and I would bloody love it if he makes it there.

Enjoyed the game, better than watching the usual preseason dross. Watching Newcastles touch and movement was as education. Felt a bit embarrassed at how far behind Scottish football is but happy with the way our younger players acquitted themselves well. Thought Cheesy had a decent game. We could do with a left winger and striker, if we get these positions filled then I would be optimistic about progression this season. Newton would be the cherry on top.

What i will say is that there are some amount of knicker wetters on here. i shouldn't have based my opinion on that and told the jags fans on saturday that st mirren will be SPFL cannon fodder this season, clearly you won't.

I'm sure if you keep the witch hunt up, you will all get your wish and you'll hound a good manager out a job. then it's only a matter of time before you get a manager you deserve.... Gus.

Incidentally, does the main stand have a better atmosphere(outlook) than the west stand?

Some of our support make me cringe these fools do not know what the word support means

So in summary:

NUFC are an EPL club with a monstrous budget and, as a result, some genuinely world class players, and others who are still better than anyone we will come up against this season.

Saints weren't overawed despite the gulf in class, and didn't embarrass themselves or the club.

Some of our young players acquitted themselves well, and this is encouraging.

It seems we all agree that the main issue for Danny Lennon to address at present is the lack of options and depth in the final third. From that, I would assume that Danny would concur, as would the club directors.

sat in west bank tonight for first time...usually i sit in main stand...honestly was the biggest bunch of mutants i have ever seen at any football game..the pish coming out some of the mutants at a friendly was unbelievable..who is the clown in w1 sits near the back with black hat at end of row? he must be chief mutant.......

Sat in the Main last night but my ST is in W1. the guy you are talking about is a trumpet, he think he's Mourinho. The 2 that sit the other side of the stairs in W2 aint much better. Why have the clueless got to make themselves heard?

So in summary:

NUFC are an EPL club with a monstrous budget and, as a result, some genuinely world class players, and others who are still better than anyone we will come up against this season.

Saints weren't overawed despite the gulf in class, and didn't embarrass themselves or the club.

Some of our young players acquitted themselves well, and this is encouraging.

It seems we all agree that the main issue for Danny Lennon to address at present is the lack of options and depth in the final third. From that, I would assume that Danny would concur, as would the club directors.

Would agree with most of that.

Newcastle were spraying the ball around and making space without effort, our guys were essentially chasing shadows like headless chickens at times.

If you defocussed your eyes all you saw was a stream of black and white shirts being dragged from one side of the park to the other and then back.

No wonder our midfield were knackered and wrecked. We're just not used to playing against that sort of quality.

Thought we actually did quite well defensively. Cornell was excellent too.

From a passing perspective I think we saw our players closed down so quickly we couldn't string 2 passes together at points and so our midfield and attack was non existent.

It was a bit hard to watch a team so far ahead of you that they could take the foot off the gas almost the entire second half and we still didn't get a look in.

We were totally outclassed. Whether that is just us or Scottish football in general will become clearer after Newcastle play other teams up here but it was hard to watch at times.

However. We are not and never will be in the business of competing with the Newcastles of this world.

We play in a different setup with only 1 team in our entire league setup who could even hope to avoid getting hosed by Newcastle.

In our environment there is clearly hope that we'll do quite well this season. The young guys who came on late brought energy and a lack of fear which was extremely encouraging.

To whom do you spout Kevo ? Posted Image

Sorry shull...quote nevee seemed to attach.

The drivel below

on the game...cheesy, goodwin and van zanten won't do...utter bollocks...mginn never touched ball whole first half.....Thomson first touch was dreadful...we looked slow and unfit....

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Black & White Army mobile app

They're not quite as optimistic as the West Stand.....

Guest somner9

Sat in the Main last night but my ST is in W1. the guy you are talking about is a trumpet, he think he's Mourinho. The 2 that sit the other side of the stairs in W2 aint much better. Why have the clueless got to make themselves heard?

They're not quite as optimistic as the West Stand.....

I think it was more because they had the sun in their eyes for most of the first half.

Funniest thing last night was when a guy was buying a program off the fat bird with the big boobs during the game, someone shouted "thats the second program you have bought tonight ya **** "

Well I like the comfy seats in the main stand....

Mainstand.jpg

However i enjoy the pithy repartee of the west stand...

DSCF1005.JPG

There's only one way to decide this.... FIGHT..!

Can I just declare that I hate the term "knicker wetters"?

It is extremely overused and is neither funny nor clever.

Please desist.

Thank you.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Knicker-wetter, IMO.

Edited by Drew

Guest somner9

Can I just declare that I hate the term "knicker wetters"?

It is extremely overused and is neither funny nor clever.

Please desist.

Thank you.

I have to say your statement took me by surprise!

priceless-1.jpg