St Mirren V Newcastle United Friendly 30/7/13

shull

Hospitality v Newcastle cancelled due to lack of interest!

Rickie Gillies makes good point in PDE today regarding clubs bringing and strengthening team earlier thus showing fans you mean business!

After the League Cup win players he wanted to keep should have been tied up then!

I know we always wait until other clubs sign players up and leave us with......................!

This won't sell season tickets and now we are about to start the League Campaign with 156 midfield players and 1 forward (Thommo)..................FECKIN RIDICULOUS

Hospitality v Newcastle cancelled due to lack of interest!

Rickie Gillies makes good point in PDE today regarding clubs bringing and strengthening team earlier thus showing fans you mean business!

After the League Cup win players he wanted to keep should have been tied up then!

I know we always wait until other clubs sign players up and leave us with......................!

This won't sell season tickets and now we are about to start the League Campaign with 156 midfield players and 1 forward (Thommo)..................FECKIN RIDICULOUS

Thomas Reilly is a forward.

Thomas Reilly is a forward in u-20s, untried (upfront) himself in the physical SPFL. You cant expect Thomas to lead the line if (God forbid) Thommo gets injured!!!!!!!!!!!

Played last year looked good and scored goals. Came on against Morton and played very well. I predict a big future for the lad

Agreed, but can you expect him to lead our line for a while if Thommos injured? We need am experienced back up striker

Why not? How old was Johnny Russell or Leigh 'Griffiths, Tony Watt who we were going to load is 19, Adam Campbell is 19. Good enough then you're old enough

What is wrong with our support? Newcastle are sending up a strong team, a big support - and our end of the ground will be 60% empty. We should be filling the ground for this kind of game. (or getting very close to it)

If Newcastle are now treating this as more of a first team fixture than an U20/reserves fixture, then the club need to advertise this fact - if it is indeed a fact. I've read nothing from the club to this effect. There's nothing wrong with St Mirren fans - we were told this was not a 'proper' Newcastle side coming to Paisley.

If Newcastle are now treating this as more of a first team fixture than an U20/reserves fixture, then the club need to advertise this fact - if it is indeed a fact. I've read nothing from the club to this effect. There's nothing wrong with St Mirren fans - we were told this was not a 'proper' Newcastle side coming to Paisley.

I have not bought my ticket. I expect to turn up pay and get in. I'll probably bring a few guests too. I'd guess most fans expect to do the same.

I'd be surprised if there was less than 3000 at the game more like 4000

It's been mentioned a lot on Twitter if you search "St Mirren"

It's been mentioned a lot on Twitter if you search "St Mirren"

I'm computer literate, but I don't use Twitter or Facebook. IF this fixture is now more than initially advertised, and IF our club want to drum up more ticket sales, then they need to let people know - on the website, in the PDE, announce it at half time during the Morton game, etc.