Stockport V St Mirren 27/7/13

Guest somner9

8.40 out of glasgow - are you a stalker by the way, because i'm not travelling alone i'll have you know zorro.gif

Aye he is, and I can send you a photo if you wanna make sure you are sitting togetherclap.gif

Booked the megabus from Newcastle to Manchester for £7 single. Leaves at stupid o'clock, well 05:30 and arrives 09:05. Got an e-mail advert from national express today which told me i could have had a bus that leaves at 7am to arrive at 11am for the same fare. A longer sleep and no need for a £10 or so taxi into town. Oh well. It's done now. Got one or two things we want to see in Manchester anyway. Got a bit more time to see them this way.

Should be a good weekend. Stockport v saints, overnight stay, then off to Blackpool for Newcastles' friendly next day.

What a great wife I have got. Said I was sad to miss the Stockport game as we were going on holiday that day. Just go and we will go away on the Monday.

Great so my good lady is booking my train for the Saturday morning traveling back up on the Sunday well pleased.:)

I'd be suspicious. Telling you to go away for the weekend, to watch football? Changing holiday plans to do so? There's only question you need to wonder. Where did she meet him!?

I'd be suspicious. Telling you to go away for the weekend, to watch football? Changing holiday plans to do so? There's only question you need to wonder. Where did she meet him!?

Being in a happy marriage for 30 years these thought never cross my mind. I’m just glad to have met a girl who fully understands what St Mirren means to me :)

Will be on the 8.40 train out of Glasgow then the 1pm train on Sunday out of Manchester.

This game is not on Saints or County’s official web site yet ?

4th match down: http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?page_id=154

About to book a hotel in Manchester for this, should be a good night!

*edit*

Asked on their forums for pubs near Stockports ground that were friendly and decent, they said the Royal Oak on Castle Street or The Crown if you like your real ale.

Edited by LoveStreetLover

Talk of them lining up a game with Wycombe Wanderers,you could go to that if it does happen

Quite a few fans have booked flights and trains to Manchester which are none refundable , mine certainly is not. Poor show from the club pissing fans around like this. London is quite a bit down from Manchester so no way I would be traveling as it would be an expensive way of going to the game. As I say if this is called off it’s a poor show.

Quite a few fans have booked flights and trains to Manchester which are none refundable , mine certainly is not. Poor show from the club pissing fans around like this. London is quite a bit down from Manchester so no way I would be traveling as it would be an expensive way of going to the game. As I say if this is called off it’s a poor show.

It's not us who are playing Wycombe it is Stockport. Should be a decent game nevertheless well worth the £60 I've forked out for trains.whistling.gif

4th match down: http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?page_id=154

About to book a hotel in Manchester for this, should be a good night!

*edit*

Asked on their forums for pubs near Stockports ground that were friendly and decent, they said the Royal Oak on Castle Street or The Crown if you like your real ale.

Had a wee look the Crown on a Saturday night has a live band while the Royal Oak has won awards for its bar food. I will be staying in Stockport for night so will portably end up in the Crown.