Stockport V St Mirren 27/7/13

Just finishing polishing the taxi for its annual pre-season friendly trip down to Englandshire with the Taxi squad. Leaving the bright lights of Paisley at 9am on Saturday. First stop is the oblicary pish stop at Southwaites Service station to piss on Ingalundthumbup2.gif . Arriving in Stockport and checking into the luxurious Stockport Brittania Hotel, just to keep Broonie and Gilly, Ramsay and Benny companyclap.gif . Then onwards to the ground and watch a superb Saints team get humped 4-1 !!whistling.gif Anyway, who gives a fcuk about the result, just bring on the swally, oh and the dancing girls!!

I think they've struggled in their preseason efforts to date losing to Nantwich and Northwich Victoria but did get wins against Cheadle Town and hit 4 against Ramsbottom in a 4-3 win

If County manager Ian Bogie picks a strong team it's snotta easy game

Stockport 2 Saints 1

Just finishing polishing the taxi for its annual pre-season friendly trip down to Englandshire with the Taxi squad. Leaving the bright lights of Paisley at 9am on Saturday. First stop is the oblicary pish stop at Southwaites Service station to piss on IngalundPosted Image . Arriving in Stockport and checking into the luxurious Stockport Brittania Hotel, just to keep Broonie and Gilly, Ramsay and Benny companyPosted Image . Then onwards to the ground and watch a superb Saints team get humped 4-1 !!Posted Image Anyway, who gives a fcuk about the result, just bring on the swally, oh and the dancing girls!!

sorry alan Mr benny Wisnae going

Sent from my HTC One V using Black & White Army mobile app

Me - KRT - and 3 southern softies will be attendance at this game - 1 of which was at the cup final - we will be leaving warrington at 11-30 arriving Manchester about noon - few pints then heading up to Stockport about 1 - probably heading to the royal oak but may be swayed to go to the crown if there is a big saints contingent there

I'm going 4-2 to the saints - I'm a fan of symmetry

Teale , macgreggor , thommo and mystery Brazilian. Trialist striker

Crowd 1500 - 259 saints fans

Me - KRT - and 3 southern softies will be attendance at this game - 1 of which was at the cup final - we will be leaving warrington at 11-30 arriving Manchester about noon - few pints then heading up to Stockport about 1 - probably heading to the royal oak but may be swayed to go to the crown if there is a big saints contingent there

are you a grave robber shock1.gif

i heard about that as well, it was a close shave apparently

I think they've struggled in their preseason efforts to date losing to Nantwich and Northwich Victoria but did get wins against Cheadle Town and hit 4 against Ramsbottom in a 4-3 win

If County manager Ian Bogie picks a strong team it's snotta easy game

Stockport 2 Saints 1

I'm worried another team capable of scoring 4

See you all next Saturday for a footballing fiesta!

Looking forward to this weekend. 05.30 Newcastle to Manchester megabus in the morning. A meet up with taxi saint and his trio before Saints game in the afternoon. Stay over in Manchester tomorrow night then onto Blackpool v Newcastle on sun morning, which incidentally is pay on the day in the Newcastle end if anyone fancies another game on the way up the road. You can check out how bad Tuesdays opposition is.

Edited by john scott

Hello chaps, I can't believe how harsh you're being on my home town, Stockport is actually the 2nd most affluent town in Greater Manchester after Trafford, there are 10 towns by the way. It was also found to be the 2nd happiest town in a recent survey by rightmove, the house prices are some of the highest in the north of England as well. Edgeley where the ground is situated isn't great and the town centre has no night life as such.

However within the borough you could have a great night out in Hazel Grove or Heaton Moor but you'd be mad not to go into Manchester as it's just one stop on the train and a great night out.

St Mirren must really be a beautiful place if you think Stockport's a hell hole, the best 2 pubs on Edgeley are the Armoury and the Royal Oak, everything in between is a bit chavvy but you'll find everyone friendly enough. Anyway have a good trip down and enjoy the day.

One last thing, real ale connoisseurs will enjoy the Magnet, the Crown, The Arden Arms and the Red Bull on Hillgate is well worth a visit.

Hello chaps, I can't believe how harsh you're being on my home town, Stockport is actually the 2nd most affluent town in Greater Manchester after Trafford, there are 10 towns by the way. It was also found to be the 2nd happiest town in a recent survey by rightmove, the house prices are some of the highest in the north of England as well. Edgeley where the ground is situated isn't great and the town centre has no night life as such.

However within the borough you could have a great night out in Hazel Grove or Heaton Moor but you'd be mad not to go into Manchester as it's just one stop on the train and a great night out.

St Mirren must really be a beautiful place if you think Stockport's a hell hole, the best 2 pubs on Edgeley are the Armoury and the Royal Oak, everything in between is a bit chavvy but you'll find everyone friendly enough. Anyway have a good trip down and enjoy the day.

One last thing, real ale connoisseurs will enjoy the Magnet, the Crown, The Arden Arms and the Red Bull on Hillgate is well worth a visit.

St Mirren is a beautiful place mate.You should check it out on google maps.

I can think of ½ a dozen reasons not to make the 400 mile round trip to this game tomorrow.

The only good reason I can give is that its the only time I will see st mirren this season, the last 3 seasons I have traveled up from England at least five times to see st mirren.

However, I've supported st mirren a long time and after the high of winning the League cup it will be a good few years before that happens again.

I think its going to be a long hard season and it is going to be difficult to justify spending a couple of hundred quid when to be honest the quality of football is not good enough, if we were to be brutally honest we are always going to be around the bottom of the spl, if thats glory hunting so be it.

Look guys we are st.mirren fans highs. And lows, tomorow will be a great time for the fans and hopefully a good game , if not hey Ho we go on we will have a beer and a laugh...and I'm here already so will probably have more beer than I need lol coys !

Heads up folks- there's some road works and 50mph average speed cameras on the way down after the Killington Lake services! Wasn't too bad this morn but with the English schools being off it might be busy tomoro!

We're already in Manchester and looking forward to tomoro! Last two results mean nothing! Got a good feeling about the game tomoro! Fingers crossed!!

Heads up folks- there's some road works and 50mph average speed cameras on the way down after the Killington Lake services! Wasn't too bad this morn but with the English schools being off it might be busy tomoro!

We're already in Manchester and looking forward to tomoro! Last two results mean nothing! Got a good feeling about the game tomoro! Fingers crossed!!

Thanks for the heads up. We're driving down at 8am and making a day of it.

Can't wait to escape the suffocating negativity of this forum for a day.

more like it a wee bit of positivity ..we r in Wigan overnight not as glamorous as u