Stockport V St Mirren 27/7/13

We have no idea if its an improvement or not ,we have nothing to gauge the quality of the opposition.The players may have LOOKED a lot better ,but they were playing part time ,sixth division dross .Its brutal but true

away and drown some kittens and cheer yerself up.........well done saints .roll on next saturday

Norrie on the feeshal' site said we wore the yellow third kit against Charlton in Spain too. We should definitely wear the third and away kits in equal measure, otherwise, what's the point in having three kits? Sales obviously - and that's fine, so increase sales and wear all the kits.

We have no idea if its an improvement or not ,we have nothing to gauge the quality of the opposition.The players may have LOOKED a lot better ,but they were playing part time ,sixth division dross .Its brutal but true

Santa Ponsas alias?

well done are you f**king kidding a team from the sixth division its a joke 1.0 against a bunch of piss then again wee are also piss poor.

Wee is piss. I agree with that.

That late Ryan Stevenson second goal for Hearts must really have ruined the cup win for you, eh? Fcuking useless cnuts losing a late goal...Pish.

Wasn't there today, so cant really comment on how it went, but a win is a win, lets hope it breeds a bit of confidence, But Newcastle on Tues will be tough but a good test, Looking forward to that one, especially if Dummett and Newton are playing, We should give them a rousing reception to show our appreciation.

I'm just glad we got a win on the board. After the matches against Morton and Queens this place was a dead ringer for a funeral parlour as far as atmosphere goes. You just need to look at some of the postings and ranting's by certain posters since we lost to Morton to see folk can't handle defeat.

Onwards and upwards.

I'm just glad we didn't lose a plethora of goals.whistling.gif

Thought we played well today and looked a lot more solid at the back than in our past few games. It should have been more than just 1-0 but we missed a lot of chances, but a wins a win. Mcginn was brilliant today definetly our standout player.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Black & White Army mobile app

post-8694-13749471764759_thumb.jpg

well done are you f**king kidding a team from the sixth division its a joke 1.0 against a bunch of piss then again wee are also piss poor.

Cannot win with you, we lose and you are proclaiming feckin doom and gloom, we win and you are still not happy. Did you expect us to score a barrowload of goals? Thank feck you are not a Hibs supporter or you would have the Samaritans jumping off the Erskine Bridge. I think you should forget football Elvis as it clearly makes you unhappy no matter if we win or lose.

Cannot win with you, we lose and you are proclaiming feckin doom and gloom, we win and you are still not happy. Did you expect us to score a barrowload of goals? Thank feck you are not a Hibs supporter or you would have the Samaritans jumping off the Erskine Bridge. I think you should forget football Elvis as it clearly makes you unhappy no matter if we win or lose.

Maybe he just expects better? Is there anything wrong with that?

Yes,i DID expect us to score a barrowload of goals !! Your tone suggests the idea of St Mirren scoring for fun against a bunch of non league part timers is an insane proposition.its depressing how little some of us expect from our team

Think I saw you as I rode past the monument

Possibly :) . There were 3 of us. A fantastic day for a paddle. Sunshine, water like a sheet of glass and plenty of wildlife. Coffee at Fintry Bay Tearooms. Ice cream in Millport. 5 Hours of relaxed exercise. Pity I have to start going to the fitba again too soon :(

Just in the door after a very enjoyable trip! Also think I might have sun stroke as it was bloody roasting sitting in that stand with no roof! Was very pleasant mind you! :)

Game was very slow paced- we had the majority of possession and they rarely attempted to get the ball from us! Defence were pretty solid, a couple of slack passes but they were dealt with! Cornell had very little to do but did it all well!

I think the fact that we had so much possession and time with the ball was a downfall- we could easily have won this by 8, 9 maybe more but our finishing was woeful! When Harkins finally put the ball in the net the cheers were of relief more than anything!

The trialist looked good, would certainly give him another shot! Harkins ran and ran and ran all game- Gowser was much quieter today! McGinn definitely a stand out- played on the left wing and some of his touches were delightful!

Teale and Thommo- I'm hoping they were saving themselves for Tuesday as they have both had better days for sure!

Everyone we spoke to today were delightful! Just unfortunate that the biggest bunch of fannies decided to sit beside us thinking they were hilarious making ridiculous remarks constantly looking for reactions whilst pretending they were 'fishing' and making stupid noises! With so many kids sitting around they were also happy to swear loudly too! Absolute idiots! What a joy they were...

Also heard a lot of English accents in amongst our support - also only recognised a small handful of regulars who attend away games which was disappointing! We did have a cracking amount of fans tho!

Mair and Goodwin were also presented with a stamp I think before the match as they were ex-players! Nice touch and the County fans were very friendly!

Best one was when we were walking back to the car and one guy said "excuse my ignorance but where exactly is St Mirrens??" Bless him...

You are either too young to realise the level of club you support, or old and insane. If you are looking for champions league football, regular league title competing positions, then best to look elsewhere.

If you want to stick around for the rough ride, your more than welcome, though success isn't a regular thing.

On a last note, this is pre-season...look at it from the observation of a 4-5 week training camp where every game is treated as a fitness and tactics workout.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Black & White Army mobile app