Wimbledon 2013

faraway saint

Djock (rubber man) looking great.....Only Andy will get those serves back!.......Final already in play .....Could be a classic ....Novak is fantastic ...May the best man win.

Quite a performance right enough.

From what I've seen Murray is the only guy who has a hope against him.

Roll on next week, fingers crossed Murray continues his good form and we could ve celebrating a Scottish Wimbledon champion.

Had a bit of a heated discussion with my uncle last night on the phone.

He's one of these "never rated Murray" types who, no matter what Murray achieves, never sees it as enough to be recognised as a very good tennis player. he actually indicated the seeding's had been rigged to give Murray an easier draw? lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Even Murray's US Open win was dismissed as "He's only won one from five finals" so he's not got a good record in finals. Fair point but to ignore the fact he's reached five finals and he's a Scottish, yes, Scottish tennis player is quite a significant record.

Murray has also won 27 career tournaments, winning 76% of all games he's played. This is in an era when you have possibly 2 of the best tennis players ever in these slams, with Djokovic heading to be considered in that company as well.

Oh aye, he also won the Olympic gold. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

If Murray retired tomorrow he should be remembered as one of the best Scottish sportsmen ever.

Andy Murray, you are some boy. thumbup2.gif

Roll on next week, fingers crossed Murray continues his good form and we could ve celebrating a Scottish Wimbledon champion.

He's one of these "never rated Murray" types who, no matter what Murray achieves, never sees it as enough to be recognised as a very good tennis player. he actually indicated the seeding's had been rigged to give Murray an easier draw? lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Even Murray's US Open win was dismissed as "He's only won one from five finals" so he's not got a good record in finals. Fair point but to ignore the fact he's reached five finals and he's a Scottish, yes, Scottish tennis player is quite a significant record.

Murray has also won 27 career tournaments, winning 76% of all games he's played. This is in an era when you have possibly 2 of the best tennis players ever in these slams, with Djokovic heading to be considered in that company as well.

If Murray retired tomorrow he should be remembered as one of the best Scottish sportsmen ever.

As Frankie Boyle says......Imagine how good Murray's service would be If he didn't have to spend 6 months practicing in the kitchen1eye.gif ....Win Wimbledon as a Scot makes him the greatest ever sportsman from our small rain soaked Nation where the posh eat Strawberries and cream.

Hey faraway, did you not consider the possibility that your Uncle was winding you up? You need to chill out and stop taking life so serious.

You have posted some crackers but this is one of your best.

How can you even think that, never mind post it, when you know nothing about him or the conversation?

Thanks for the advice but I'll pass.

Cannie dae "aff yer Heid" smilie from my phone.

Edited by faraway saint

Yep. I cant stand the "Andy murrays useless" brigade.

He is one of the worlds top sportsmen, who give a f8ck if he hardly smiles ? i`ve said before on many previous threads on this subject... this country has had enough plucky losers who`re smashin guys, give me a torn faced winner anyday !! John McEnroe anyone ?

A guy in my work came out with , Murrays a prick... whit has he won ? I wasn`t slow to point out his career wins & the small matter of his earnings to date at 26 years old!! Some folk will never be happy with Andy .

Yep. I cant stand the "Andy murrays useless" brigade.

He is one of the worlds top sportsmen, who give a f8ck if he hardly smiles ? i`ve said before on many previous threads on this subject... this country has had enough plucky losers who`re smashin guys, give me a torn faced winner anyday !! John McEnroe anyone ?

A guy in my work came out with , Murrays a prick... whit has he won ? I wasn`t slow to point out his career wins & the small matter of his earnings to date at 26 years old!! Some folk will never be happy with Andy .

As Faraway says ...A serial winner of ATP and Masters events...A guy who has a Major ......A £10 million sponsorship deal with Adidas ...Picking up £500,000 a time for winning. Front cover of Vogue.....Estimated wealth at 26 yrs old £46 Million.......Great chance of a Wimbledon final against the great world number one and fantastic talent in Djokovic, ....A chance of winning that game due to his brilliance. Andy where did It all go wrong?whistling.gif

As Faraway says ...A serial winner of ATP and Masters events...A guy who has a Major ......A £10 million sponsorship deal with Adidas ...Picking up £500,000 a time for winning. Front cover of Vogue.....Estimated wealth at 26 yrs old £46 Million.......Great chance of a Wimbledon final against the great world number one and fantastic talent in Djokovic, ....A chance of winning that game due to his brilliance. Andy where did It all go wrong?whistling.gif

You forgot to add, he's shagging that Kim Sears.

I hate Murray too!

So you been drinking at the bbq right enough then lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Yep ..Listening to her in that docu made her sound so down to earth......Makes me want to bang her more.

Could you expand on that a wee bit? Do you mean you're even more keen to have carnal knowledge with her? Or when you say more do you mean you already are at it with her and want to bang her more often?