Lottery Win.....what Would You Spend It On?

faraway saint

• 6 years later...
On 6/17/2013 at 6:19 PM, faraway saint said:

Discussed this quite often, interesting to hear the range of views and also the possible problems that could come with it.

Let's say £50m.

What would your initial spend be on?

How much would you give family and where, in that family, do you draw the line?

I'd use it to cancel Internet and cell phone connection to Arbroath as a service to the Forum. Less fault finding, notching, suggesting people's minds have gone and more. Bliss

8 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Apparently ...

The term Americanism was introduced by the Reverend John Witherspoon in the late-18th century. (https://www.thoughtco.com/what-is-americanism-words-1688984)

The same guy who ...

was minister of the Laigh kirk, Paisley (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Witherspoon)

Who knew, eh?

Me.  :P

And Probably all the other Scots who signed the US declaration of  Independence along with Witherspoon.  He was a right bundle of laughs.  Not.  That would have been his bonnest mot...  (A Frenchism)

Did ye know that he was a pretty unpopular minister in that he didnae like ANY FUN at all?  Paisley was well-rid.

He'd slot smoothly intae Trump's evangelist America.

I actually prefer cellphone to mobile phone.

I think of its operation as being cellular (tho that may be disputable...) and I don't think phones are genuinely mobile as it's us who have to do the heavy-lifting (or humping around if you dislike Americanisms.)

Most importantly for me is that cellphone is a syllable shorter, easier to say and quicker to type.  And cellphone also contains less bile.  Which has to be good.

Edited by antrin

Guest TPAFKATS
Me.  [emoji14]

And Probably all the other Scots who signed the US declaration of  Independence along with Witherspoon.  He was a right bundle of laughs.  Not.  That would have been his bonnest mot...  (A Frenchism)
Did ye know that he was a pretty unpopular minister in that he didnae like ANY FUN at all?  Paisley was well-rid.
He'd slot smoothly intae Trump's evangelist America.

I actually prefer cellphone to mobile phone.
I think of its operation as being cellular (tho that may be disputable...) and I don't think phones are genuinely mobile as it's us who have to do the heavy-lifting (or humping around if you dislike Americanisms.)
Most importantly for me is that cellphone is a syllable shorter, easier to say and quicker to type.  And cellphone also contains less bile.  Which has to be good.
Antrin was one of the Scots who signed the US Declaration of Independence???

Who knew...