A Joke

I really don't get this postponement rule. Surely compensation should be offered to the team who is made to wait to play the tie!

Celtic are following the rules, its just bad luck that its us who were due to play them. It is a pishy rule though, they have 6 weeks to play as many friendlies as they want without messing up other clubs.

What's happened to our game on 25th January?

Should we be at home to Partick?

Unfortunately you handsome and sexy person the BBC missed it out.

The Daily Mail has it in.

Never thought the Daily Mail would get something right before the BBC.

Our opening is disappointing, but not a joke. What is a joke however, is having a cash-strapped club entering administration and with no revenue streams playing away from home, when a home gate would be desperately needed. Now, I have no sympathy for Hearts plight, but why kick them when they're down? If St Mirren can get two opening away games - give Hearts two opening home games to give them a bit of hope in turning things around. Just saying like, if the SPL won't help them...

First two home games last season - one point.

First two away games last season - four points.

To sum up - it doesn't really matter that much. We play the same number of games, no matter in what order they're played. The postponing of the Celtic game is something which is a disgrace though, and shouldn't be allowed. We will have played a game less than those around us until the game is rescheduled which could put pressure on us. Alternatively, we could win a few of our early games, meaning we're way up the table with a game in hand.

Guest somner9

Does this mean the chances of a 'glamour tie' money spinning friendly on the weekend of August 10th against Dumbarton or Albion rovers is back in the mix???

Our opening is disappointing, but not a joke. What is a joke however, is having a cash-strapped club entering administration and with no revenue streams playing away from home, when a home gate would be desperately needed. Now, I have no sympathy for Hearts plight, but why kick them when they're down? If St Mirren can get two opening away games - give Hearts two opening home games to give them a bit of hope in turning things around. Just saying like, if the SPL won't help them...

The fixtures would have been made up prior to Hearts mess unravelling in the last week. They should not have to be re-written on behalf of bad management of a club.

Plus Hearts have sold 7000 Season Tickets.

They can use some of that money to tide them over the first 2 weeks of the Season.

Hopefully they'll be deid by then anyway and Morton will be in the SPL.

Edited by shull

The fixtures would have been made up prior to Hearts mess unravelling in the last week. They should not have to be re-written on behalf of bad management of a club.

I wouldn't pish on Hearts if they were on fire, but that's neither here nor there. I'm sure the SPL however could have done something to help a member club in trouble if they tried hard enough. I personally don't give a monkeys mind you. Moving along...