A Joke

Guest somner9

Our captain calls it Ridiculous! BBC website:

1. 1224:
    FOOTBALL FIXTURES

St Mirren captain Jim Goodwin says the decision to allow Celtic to postpone their second league game of the 2013-14 season is "ridiculous". The Scottish champions were due to host St Mirren at Celtic Park on 10 August - a week after the new Scottish Professional Football League kicks off.

But the Glasgow giants have been given permission to cancel the fixture so they can instead face Liverpool in a money-spinning friendly in Dublin.

"It's obviously worth a lot of money to Celtic. Going to play Liverpool in Dublin in the Aviva Stadium will no doubt draw a full house," said Goodwin. "There is massive revenue at stake for Celtic, but I don't see why it can't be organised during pre-season."

I wouldn't pish on Hearts if they were on fire, but that's neither here nor there. I'm sure the SPL however could have done something to help a member club in trouble if they tried hard enough. I personally don't give a monkeys mind you. Moving along...

The fixtures were due to be published at 9am today. The Hearts scenario is unfolding by the minute and I don't think anybody can foresee what will happen between now and the start of August. Reading what's been said this morning, if the courts back the appointment of the Ukio Bankas preferred administrators, Hearts may be gone within weeks and Tynecastle sold off to get as much cash back to Lithuania as can be raised (and quite rightly so). Still a lot of unpleasantness for the Jambos I fear.

Our captain calls it Ridiculous! BBC website:

1. 1224:
    FOOTBALL FIXTURES

St Mirren captain Jim Goodwin says the decision to allow Celtic to postpone their second league game of the 2013-14 season is "ridiculous". The Scottish champions were due to host St Mirren at Celtic Park on 10 August - a week after the new Scottish Professional Football League kicks off.

But the Glasgow giants have been given permission to cancel the fixture so they can instead face Liverpool in a money-spinning friendly in Dublin.

"It's obviously worth a lot of money to Celtic. Going to play Liverpool in Dublin in the Aviva Stadium will no doubt draw a full house," said Goodwin. "There is massive revenue at stake for Celtic, but I don't see why it can't be organised during pre-season."

i agree with him, early on in the season is generally a good time to play against a new group of players that haven't had time to gel. When is it likely to be postponed until?

I wouldn't pish on Hearts if they were on fire, but that's neither here nor there. I'm sure the SPL however could have done something to help a member club in trouble if they tried hard enough. I personally don't give a monkeys mind you. Moving along...

There is history of course with Gretna, prize money could be awarded early - i dont think a week here or there would make much difference to the vat of shite they are stuck in.

i agree with him, early on in the season is generally a good time to play against a new group of players that haven't had time to gel. When is it likely to be postponed until?

Same thing happened with Celtic-Dunfermline , a couple of years back. It wasn't played until late November !

I take on board what posters are saying about the opening Hearts games and the fixture list computer - but from the SPLs perspective, shouldn't they be seen to be trying to help a club in trouble? I don't mean by turning a blind eye, telling them to forget about that pesky 15 point deduction or anything - just in a practical sense, I wondered if they could do something simple - like maybe even approaching St Johnstone to see if they'd swap fixtures. Ach, I don't really care much, just wondered about the SPL again as an organisation. Hearts troubles have been in the offing for ages - how long ago did Ukio / UBIG hit the buffers? Didn't the SPL meet a wee while ago to discuss if Hearts were actually in administration already? A blind man could have seen this coming. A home game would have helped surely?

Just a general point about the SPL - that's all!

I take on board what posters are saying about the opening Hearts games and the fixture list computer - but from the SPLs perspective, shouldn't they be seen to be trying to help a club in trouble? I don't mean by turning a blind eye, telling them to forget about that pesky 15 point deduction or anything - just in a practical sense, I wondered if they could do something simple - like maybe even approaching St Johnstone to see if they'd swap fixtures. Ach, I don't really care much, just wondered about the SPL again as an organisation. Hearts troubles have been in the offing for ages - how long ago did Ukio / UBIG hit the buffers? Didn't the SPL meet a wee while ago to discuss if Hearts were actually in administration already? A blind man could have seen this coming. A home game would have helped surely?

Just a general point about the SPL - that's all!

Hearts done absolutely nothing to help themselves,it's been obvious for a few years now how this would end up.Why should other clubs go out their way to help them?

Hearts done absolutely nothing to help themselves,it's been obvious for a few years now how this would end up.Why should other clubs go out their way to help them?

Other clubs shouldn't, but I wondered if Doncaster and the SPL board might try to give them a home game. It just seems to scream 'typical SPL' all over it - member club desperately needs cash to try and survive, give em' an away game then.

No big deal at my end, fcuk um' I say.

What difference would a week make? They will likely be in administration at that point unless they are in the process of liquidation.

The more salient point is - with other administrations/liquidations its been towards the end of the year and they have been able to get clubs to struggle by till the end of the season, with the way things are Hearts could be blown out the water not long after the season starts - it will be an absolute nightmare. I think they have to be fairly confident before a ball is kicked it will turn out okay or they will get hoofed to the third division, a bit like Livi.

Edited by marrez

I would have thought you would have tried to get teams from areas closer together for the first game to try to ensure bigger crowds in the hope that some may hang around for the rest of the season.. Killie at dons, county at Celts, utd at partick and us. Some far travels there.

Sent from my C6603 using Black & White Army mobile app

What difference would a week make? They will likely be in administration at that point unless they are in the process of liquidation.

The more salient point is - with other administrations/liquidations its been towards the end of the year and they have been able to get clubs to struggle by till the end of the season, with the way things are Hearts could be blown out the water not long after the season starts - it will be an absolute nightmare. I think they have to be fairly confident before a ball is kicked it will turn out okay or they will get hoofed to the third division, a bit like Livi.

Aaargh... I know, I know, a week might not matter - I just thought the SPL would have tried to give em' a home game.

That's really it.

I don't agree with playing friendlies during the season but we all knew that was allowed before the fixtures were drawn so don't really see why Goodwin is complaining!

The complaining should've been done at the point the decision was made by the spl to allow this. It's too late to moan now

I suspect the SPL thought they were doing us a favour by moving the home game v Celtic to a date where it could be televised , but the they should have gave Celtic an away game first game of the season and a home game second game of the season ,

Yes, that was the point of the joke, that Celtic are playing AT HOME when they are playing in DUBLIN!

Anything else people want explained - the theory of relativity, 2+2, how to build a javelin target?

:happyclapper

I could tell all about one of them....................................

• 2 months later...