Inverness Ct V St Mirren... 3/8/13

Lex

Not long back, What a pathetic shambolic performance, Lennon is a joke, He should have went a year ago, This idiot was on the radio saying the reason for the defeat was the length of the grass, How low can this guy stoop, He should do the decent thing and resign just for the piss he talks alone, Humped high balls up to Tommo all day and even if he won the ball he had no one to knock it on to, If he doesn't get it sorted out in the next fortnight then bye bye wee clueless.

Can't believe the negativity on here about our team, we have the best manager in the league by a country mile in Danzo. Far too many on here don't see the big picture,we are playing the game in the right manner.

You obviously weren't there today. Long ball from the start. Never once played out of defence and through their midfield and I actually mean I don't remember doing it ONCE in 90 minutes. I'm a big believer in not pressing the panic button, but that was worrying. As for best manager in the country, I'd say Butcher and Adams (on a similar budget as us, or less) finishing 3rd and 4th in the league last year proves you're talking pish.

The team hardly strung 2 passes together so I don't know what philosophy DL is playing this season. The lack of pace and general balance of the team is very poor. Teams don't have to work very hard to beat us - just keep it tight at the back and wait on us making a mistake. Ive felt for a long time DL is not good enough - this is going to be a long hard season.

We were a shambles today ,there is no shape to the team ,the defence doesn,t inspire confidence , and when things went against the team they rolled over.

John McCormack , Jimmy Bone , Lex Richardson would rolled up the sleeves and got stuck in after the disaster that was ICT,s second goal , our heads went down , and we just gave up.

We need a bit of grit down the spine of the side , and today it was lacking big style.

The squad is about four players short , lets hope we use the next two weeks well.

Our cause not aided by the fact that DL took off Gowser and McGinn who were the only two players likely to open up ICT (albeit they were playing pish due to the wind and the long grass). MUST stop other teams scoring. Centre half and right back will do for starters. DVZ is way past his best and McGregor will likely get injured again when he comes back. Get it sorted or we're fkd methinks.

For the very first time, I'm really starting to think that we may need a change of manager. I've stuck by Danny for a long, long time, but that today, was an utter shambles. No shape, no confidence, no depth. For his sake, I seriously hope he pulls a couple of rabbits out of the hat before the window closes, otherwise, I fear we are utterly f**ked. I'm not wringing out my drawers quite yet, but I'm getting close...

To add....a blind man could see that we need a CB, right back and at least one striker. I've been saying it for months. Why are we all coming in our kecks at the thought of Newton coming back? We need another midfielder like a hole in the f**king head...

Can't believe the negativity on here about our team, we have the best manager in the league by a country mile in Danzo. Far too many on here don't see the big picture,we are playing the game in the right manner.

You obviously weren't there today. Long ball from the start. Never once played out of defence and through their midfield and I actually mean I don't remember doing it ONCE in 90 minutes. I'm a big believer in not pressing the panic button, but that was worrying. As for best manager in the country, I'd say Butcher and Adams (on a similar budget as us, or less) finishing 3rd and 4th in the league last year proves you're talking pish.

As Sheldon would say "Bazinga"

To add....a blind man could see that we need a CB, right back and at least one striker. I've been saying it for months. Why are we all coming in our kecks at the thought of Newton coming back? We need another midfielder like a hole in the f**king head...

Manager has lost it mate! 1 past it right back, 1 unfit left back, 155 midfielders and 1 striker. if you're small and ginger he'll sign you!whistling.gif

but that's our danny. ignore the positions we are badly needing addressed and wheel in another midfielder.

DL hasn't got a plan B. He should have seen that ICT had 2 men against our one where we don't support the man on the ball. He hooked Gowser and McGinn as they were not getting support either, but what the hell is Gowser playing as deep as he was? The guy loves to play just behind the striker and he is not a Goodwin. BTW Harkins didn't have 2 men round , but 3 as TB must have thought he was our danger man, knowing we were playing with one striker

Its amazing the difference a few players make to a team - for me the loss of Goncalves, Newton and Dummett has weakened us significantly. The signing of these three guys in my opinion was key to us winning the League Cup.

They have gone and the players who replaced them are not as good and it also seems that we have taken a flyer on the key position of goalkeeper.

If is frustrating that we never seem to build on success - this is a season where we should be pushing on but the early signs are ominous and unless we get some quality in we are really going to struggle

Couldn't agree more with your post, especially the bit about building on success.

Think Danny may have allowed the first nail to be hammered into his coffin today.

At half time I was quietly content. To capitulate so quickly in the second half is, for me, a sign of the 2 managers' influence, and the difference they can make to their teams. And is horribly disappointing.

One game in an I think it's worrying but id rather we had a poor August than sept - at least we can bring in a few players

But What Danny thinks is goods enough for spl is not. The endless optimism hides nothing. This is going to be a very tough season unless we get a few players in. I'd start with getting lee mair in the squad and a striker in the next few days

There was very little between the teams in the first half , Inverness had the referee on their side , and he gifted them a soft penalty , the heads went down , and this resulted in a fe back passes that put the keeper under pressure and the scond goal.

What happened next was that Saints just collapsed.

There was no Pride , playing for the badge ,rolling up the sleevs , getting stuck in , we just let ICT do as they want.

I,m not going to suggest who,s fault it is , but those responsible have two weeks to get trhings sorted ouT .

i Actually wonder what we achieved pre season.

And struggle to remember a worst first game of the season

It was a clear penalty, diving in with his hands in the air. Goodwin was punished for the exact same thing twice last season.

It was an awful performance, no fight, players out of position, no depth nor options.

We need a Gus McPherson 'reaction' in the next game

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Black & White Army mobile app

Not long back, What a pathetic shambolic performance, Lennon is a joke, He should have went a year ago, This idiot was on the radio saying the reason for the defeat was the length of the grass, How low can this guy stoop, He should do the decent thing and resign just for the piss he talks alone, Humped high balls up to Tommo all day and even if he won the ball he had no one to knock it on to, If he doesn't get it sorted out in the next fortnight then bye bye wee clueless.

Not too low or he'll vanish in the grass.

There was very little between the teams in the first half , Inverness had the referee on their side , and he gifted them a soft penalty , the heads went down , and this resulted in a fe back passes that put the keeper under pressure and the scond goal.

What happened next was that Saints just collapsed.

There was no Pride , playing for the badge ,rolling up the sleevs , getting stuck in , we just let ICT do as they want.

I,m not going to suggest who,s fault it is , but those responsible have two weeks to get trhings sorted ouT .

i Actually wonder what we achieved pre season.

And struggle to remember a worst first game of the season

Starks Park 1992 bag.gif