Inverness Ct V St Mirren... 3/8/13

Lex

The only good that will come of this game , is moves will be made to bring in new players ,be it on loan or permanent before we play Celtic .When we see some of the players that were free agents , M c Manus , McFadden ,Boyd even Simonsen , these would have been additions that would of without doubt made us a top 4 team at least , of course they may not of wanted to play for Saints ,but that is the type of player we should be after ,progression not regression.

Which heralded one of the worst spells in our history , let's hope there's no repeat !

And will again unless we do panic and get players in .

Lots of time to think on the way back from Inverness. The following were just a few of those random thoughts.

We have a manager who doesnt have a clue at this level . He can't identify good players, good enough for Premier League eg bringing in half the Cowdenbeath team . Adams and Butcher are streets ahead. He imagines we can emulate Barcelona , now Newcastle . We can't and never will. He says all the things he has to to keep him popular - we are wonderful fans , the Chairman is great etc . These are all empty as is the attempt to play the PROPER way . The Proper way is to play football that wins games.

Despite all the great things said about our youth set up I don't see much , apart from John McGinn coming through . What I see is a bunch of wee guys lacking physique.

Just because you come from Paisley or support St. Mirren does not mean you are a great St.Mirren player. I'm genuinly not having a go at anyone in particular but that seems to have been the way over the years.

The club itself is stale , even on the non footballing side . Too many people too comfortable I think . The whole organisation needs a kick up the a***.

Wont ramble on any more

Not long back, What a pathetic shambolic performance, Lennon is a joke, He should have went a year ago, This idiot was on the radio saying the reason for the defeat was the length of the grass, How low can this guy stoop, He should do the decent thing and resign just for the piss he talks alone, Humped high balls up to Tommo all day and even if he won the ball he had no one to knock it on to, If he doesn't get it sorted out in the next fortnight then

bye bye

Signed

wee clueless.

corrected

Just watched highlights. Dvz was very unfortunate indeed at the pen. Cornell was getting pelters on here yesterday. The only thing he was guilty of was being a wee bit timid in the challenge which unluckily went straight to an inverness player. Obviously I wasn't at the game but the most worrying thing seems to be the capitulation of the players which points to poor leadership. When it's not going well players will look around for guidance and encouragement. Let's hope a great deal has been learned from yesterday as my ticker won't take yet another nail biting season.

I've asked the missus to order a defibrillator from amazon, fingers crossed it arrives before our next game.

How many of us have said that Thommo' needs support and despite being fit for his age simply cannot carry the whole shooting match on his shoulders? How many of us have said that the players coming in are simply not enough in either number or quality to replace those who left? How long does it take Danny to know where McGowan and McGinn's best and most effective positions are? How come Terry Butcher can knit another team of strangers into 3-0 winners? Why was our bench so lightweight? What was the point of Danny's substitutions at 3-0 down? Why does it appear that guys like Butcher, Adams, McNamara, McCall and others piss all over Danny tactically?

I'm sure there's more questions worth asking.

How many of us have said that Thommo' needs support and despite being fit for his age simply cannot carry the whole shooting match on his shoulders? How many of us have said that the players coming in are simply not enough in either number or quality to replace those who left? How long does it take Danny to know where McGowan and McGinn's best and most effective positions are? How come Terry Butcher can knit another team of strangers into 3-0 winners? Why was our bench so lightweight? What was the point of Danny's substitutions at 3-0 down? Why does it appear that guys like Butcher, Adams, McNamara, McCall and others piss all over Danny tactically?

I'd like to know why Danny felt even the first half performance was acceptable. We were totally lethargic, if it wasn't a long punt it was McGowan getting frustrated or Goodwin leaving everyone exposed. At one point the ball trundled to Cornell and he went down for it like he'd never gathered a ball in his life. Yes, we had a free kick and Harkins got a shot off but possession must have been 80 - 20 to ICT.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Black & White Army mobile app

The thing is, we were all expecting lots of new signings, we all thought there was a master plan. Little did we know the plan was not to be in a rush to replace the players.

It would appear shull's strategy of saving money on wages gas been adopted.

I just don't understand why we are being so naive.

All good questions.

Thommo is not going to win us games on his own, he's not that kind of player. He needs people to get close to him, give him support and provide him with good service. Harkins did not get near Thommo once yesterday, and Teale and Reillys delivery was poor all afternoon, so we never created a single clear cut chance.

I think the difference between Danny and guys like Butcher, Lomas, Adams and Wright etc is that those guys know what they are doing, they have visions and plans for their team and they identify players to fit that vision. Danny doesn't have that, he's a scatter gun and hope for the best kind of manager. Take the Imrie deal, he signs him for a fee and on a big contract, then has no idea where to play him. Harkins will be similar.

As for the subs yesterday, it seemed like he was genuinely taking the piss. I've seen our fans have a go at Lennon plenty of times, but the reaction towards him at the end of the game had a mocking tone to it, which i've never seen before. Our fans were laughing at him.

One game, despite it being worryingly predictable given some of the pre-season failings, does not mean we will be utterly shite all season and are certs' for relegation - even with Hearts situation.

The ball is firmly in SG and DLs court. They need to show us they know what they're doing, and are not simply hoping that Hearts and Partick will be even more shite than we are.

I want Danny and Tommy to succeed, to win games, and to make us more like Motherwell, and less like a team who feel lucky to be at the top table. I wanted success for Gus and Andy, Tom Hendrie... all of them. I have to admit though that Danny is now starting to worry me.

The march of time.Posted Image Unfortunately I lost all my old programs when moving house but I am sure we won 4-0 at home the Saturday after we lost to Raith.

Correct. Luther is half right. We beat Dumbarton 4-0 at Love Street in the next game after losing 7-0 to 'f**king Roy of the Rovers' (Luther will know what I mean...)