Greggs Bakeover Takeover

Fair enough McD, I'd accept bizarre rather than funny and i suppose i was being a wee bit nervy earlier as my wife kept asking me what i was looking at as i posted earlier, if id told her she'd have been beside herself as she and her siblings loved the man dearly. As for Shull, the man in question is the same one who worked at the baths. The small business he ran was a chimney-cleaning and odd-job business which he shared with my late father in law, as i said, i never knew the man but the stories i heard made me really wish that i had. He was extremely well known and well liked in Paisley in his young days

He was already experiencing a LOT of problems when, older buddies will recall, a construction crane collapsed and crashed through the roof of the baths, he was the person in charge that day and was solely responsible for getting all of the kids out of the pool safely. the cumulative effect of post traumatic stress from that day and the stresses of his life were too much for him and he became very ill.

Shull, i know how fond you are of throwing names around, it pretty much sums you up as a person, he was not a daftie-he was and is a hero

That's a gracious response from you and I appreciate it. It seems so long ago and I overlooked the fact that there were likely to be relations around still. I knew him and liked him and as I said my mother was a close friend of his mother through work. They lived close to us. Again, I apologise for any hurt caused.

This thread has taken an nasty direction, back on topic.............................

I'm not a big fan of many big bakeries, we support a small local bakery who produce good produce which we drive that extra couple of miles as we are happy with the quality of food.

Even if it's for morning rolls I make the effort as the rolls are great and the people are very nice.

More shops and staff should remember that they are there to provide a quality service and the majority of people will respond to this with returning for repeat purchases.

Wait, this isn't really on topic is it? lol.gif

Naw, lock this shite.

Mind you, will need permission to do anything on this Forum from self proclaimed moderators who dinnae dae humour and take offence on behalf of everyone.

F*CKEM ! bye1.gif

Edited by shull

There, i've removed the word which offended YOU

Sorry

Now you explain the bold bit above in your post.

You edited to remove the word "daftie" from your post, in any other case it might have been spangle or numpty. On this ocassion the playground slagging was ill-judged, but I'm still surprised you havent responded in the way McD did and carried on running off at the mouth

i wont hold my breath

You edited to remove the word "daftie" from your post, in any other case it might have been spangle or numpty. On this ocassion the playground slagging was ill-judged, but I'm still surprised you havent responded in the way McD did and carried on running off at the mouth

i wont hold my breath

Offended by spangle ???

I get worse back and love it.

Chill it dunderheid.

And holding yir breath could be fatal.

Dinnae dae it.

This thread has taken an nasty direction, back on topic.............................

I'm not a big fan of many big bakeries, we support a small local bakery who produce good produce which we drive that extra couple of miles as we are happy with the quality of food.

Even if it's for morning rolls I make the effort as the rolls are great and the people are very nice.

More shops and staff should remember that they are there to provide a quality service and the majority of people will respond to this with returning for repeat purchases.

Would that be pie bobs in arbroath or frosts in montrose, those 2 bakers are pure quality, i worked up

that way for a while last year their the best bakers iv'e eaten out of, there's fcuk all like them down here......

greggs are total shit in comparison.....

Would that be pie bobs in arbroath or frosts in montrose, those 2 bakers are pure quality, i worked up

that way for a while last year their the best bakers iv'e eaten out of, there's fcuk all like them down here......

Being a big fan of Montrose, the town not the team, I heartily agree about Frosts yonder next to the town hall. Used to go in it every time I was up that way. Glad it's still on the go.

This is over at Timmergreens area, Alexanders. Used to stay near Pie Bobs, great pies right enough.

Support your local business, IF they're worth supporting. thumbup2.gif

Edited by faraway saint

Being a big fan of Montrose, the town not the team, I heartily agree about Frosts yonder next to the town hall. Used to go in it every time I was up that way. Glad it's still on the go.

That's the very one Rick,,, i ate there every lunch time the steak bakes were dynamite,, the wee woman who worked there said greggs

were opening a shop in the town she looked a bit worried, i wasn't up there long enough to find out if they did.....