Let's All Laugh At Sevco/ Celtic Thread !

shull

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Even my wife was laughing her head off at them and chanting we want 10, and then booed the ref for only adding on 1 min  :lol:

Thought Elliott blessing himself while waiting on the var decision was a final dig to them  :lol:

I didn't take that asa dig at all, i just saw a 19 year old praying that he was getting his first champions league goal.

I was hoping the ref was going to give the usual 30 seconds for each major event (goal) as i hate odd numbers and wanted to see this rounded off at 8 (or 10)

Its uplifting to see the knuckle dragging racists get humped so spectactularly. 

However we went there last week and got stuffed by 4 by those clowns, on the same grass, 11 against 11.

The gap is widening between us and the bigots. And between them and the rest of Europe. It needs some action.

The 50:50 gate money split for league games should be reintroduced immedietly. I think that when home clubs were allowed to keep all of their gate money, was when it all started to go so wrong. 

What amused me most wasn't the result, because technically the better Sevco or 'tic do well in Europe, then the more teams from our Scottish system will get into Europe, but the score at 4-1.

A picture came up of the "fans" streaming out of the stadium, not just in the tens or twenties, nor in the hundreds, but in the thousands. To be a supporter of any club you have to live with the ups and DOWNS, but of course, theoretical Sevco "fans" expect nothing but wins all the time, so they haven't learned how to take defeat graciously, or to even think of staying on and watching how football should be played. 

The problem for Sevco, perhaps more than the Eastenders, is that they are trying to compete at a level that is away beyond their capabilities. The second or perhaps the third tier in Europe would suit them more and see them having a chance to compete. I think it's slightly ironic that they were on :cloud9 when they fluked the win to gain entry to the Champions League and they are now going to finish bottom of their section with no points and no further participation in Europe, whilst if they had settled for the Europa League they would probably be heading into the New Year with some hope of having another run.

Liverpool were good last night, but they only really turned it on when they brought on such good players which Sevco had no ability to challenge.

It was men against nursery school children. 😆

26 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Its uplifting to see the knuckle dragging racists get humped so spectactularly. 

However we went there last week and got stuffed by 4 by those clowns, on the same grass, 11 against 11.

The gap is widening between us and the bigots. And between them and the rest of Europe. It needs some action.

The 50:50 gate money split for league games should be reintroduced immedietly. I think that when home clubs were allowed to keep all of their gate money, was when it all started to go so wrong. 

Hmmm. Disagree. It didn’t help but it wasn’t the main problem in my opinion. If it was reinstated I don’t believe it would make a huge difference. All teams would only play a maximum of 4 games a season at the bigots (with 6 teams only playing 3). As much as the extra income would always be welcome, it wouldn’t come close to closing the gap. 
The problem is the champions league and the money generated from it. Celtic and Rangers had years and years of consistent qualification and lining their pockets and that is what has led to the phenomenal gap between them and the others. 

Hmmm. Disagree. It didn’t help but it wasn’t the main problem in my opinion. If it was reinstated I don’t believe it would make a huge difference. All teams would only play a maximum of 4 games a season at the bigots (with 6 teams only playing 3). As much as the extra income would always be welcome, it wouldn’t come close to closing the gap. 
The problem is the champions league and the money generated from it. Celtic and Rangers had years and years of consistent qualification and lining their pockets and that is what has led to the phenomenal gap between them and the others. 
And Rangers still spent it all and went bust.

You're right though, about the gate money, but I think it's really the merchandise sales to their far larger fan bases (I know fans of both who have NEVER been to a game but still buy tops every year - mainly for their kids these days, admittedly) and their far superior sponsorship deals (again due to their fan bases) that is the main divider. Of course, more money generally leads to more domestic success and then more money from Europe. The divide just builds from there. If there weren't as many bigots and gloryhunters, there wouldn't be such a big divide.

5 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

I didn't take that asa dig at all, i just saw a 19 year old praying that he was getting his first champions league goal.

I was hoping the ref was going to give the usual 30 seconds for each major event (goal) as i hate odd numbers and wanted to see this rounded off at 8 (or 10)

Aye you are right about the dig. 

I word it wrong meaning the bigots would take it as a dig, not the player doing it to wind them up. 

23 hours ago, Slarti said:

And Rangers still spent it all and went bust.

You're right though, about the gate money, but I think it's really the merchandise sales to their far larger fan bases (I know fans of both who have NEVER been to a game but still buy tops every year - mainly for their kids these days, admittedly) and their far superior sponsorship deals (again due to their fan bases) that is the main divider. Of course, more money generally leads to more domestic success and then more money from Europe. The divide just builds from there. If there weren't as many bigots and gloryhunters, there wouldn't be such a big divide.

Spent all that…

plus walked away from a host of unpaid bills owed to desperate businesses that lost out…

Plus, not to mention, but I will….

A further £150,000,000 of unpaid taxes - money that it stole from all of the other clubs, and the rest of society.

A hundred and fifty million pounds!

You could overpay an awfy lot of mediocre fitba stars with that sort of stolen dosh!

(and Rangers did.)