Power Washers - Pros & Cons

faraway saint

Just got additional slabs laid in garden, showing that the existing slabs REALLY need a clean.

Quite fancy a power washer but heard a few negative stories they can do damage?

Anyone got/used one?

Mainly be used to clean the concrete slabs, possibly car.

Cheers.

Edited by faraway saint

Great for slabs, good on the car wheels, do not use on the bodywork of the car unless the gun is on a very wide spray, much like a right good hose.

If there is anything loose and you are using the high power setting it will get underneath and lift it off......especially paint.

Be prepared when you so your slabs as when your finished they will be gleaming whilst everything else around you will be black, you'll see what I mean when you do it.

I'd thought of that, need to clear some items out of the way before I begin then anything that gets dirty can be sprayed with the garden hose?

Just got additional slabs laid in garden, showing that the existing slabs REALLY need a clean.

Quite fancy a power washer but heard a few negative stories they can do damage?

Anyone got/used one?

Mainly be used to clean the concrete slabs, possibly car.

Cheers.

Karcher are doing a few kits just now that are reasonable and come with the patio brush attachment if you can find a toolbank stockist in your area they have a promotion on at £99.99 for the washer and patio brush.

Karcher are doing a few kits just now that are reasonable and come with the patio brush attachment if you can find a toolbank stockist in your area they have a promotion on at £99.99 for the washer and patio brush.

I got one of those Karcher ones half price from my local Tesco. Can only echo what previous posters have said - keep it away from the car! I used it to clean all my paths, monoblock driveway, and decking. What a difference it made - fantastic. I found it somewhat theraputic to do, one of those jobs where you get satisfaction because you can see an unbelievable 'before and after' result as you go along. Again, as someone said, after doing the driveway, I got a big bag of builders sand and brushed it into the monoblock driveway. Looks brand new after 8 years of slowly becoming mankier and mankier. True story though, while I was happily blasting the dirt to buggery and back, a guy wearing a Sevco Franchise shirt came past walking his dog. He made a friendly comment mind you, about the job I was doing - the temptation though....! Heh, heh.

I got one of those Karcher ones half price from my local Tesco. Can only echo what previous posters have said - keep it away from the car! I used it to clean all my paths, monoblock driveway, and decking. What a difference it made - fantastic. I found it somewhat theraputic to do, one of those jobs where you get satisfaction because you can see an unbelievable 'before and after' result as you go along. Again, as someone said, after doing the driveway, I got a big bag of builders sand and brushed it into the monoblock driveway. Looks brand new after 8 years of slowly becoming mankier and mankier. True story though, while I was happily blasting the dirt to buggery and back, a guy wearing a Sevco Franchise shirt came past walking his dog. He made a friendly comment mind you, about the job I was doing - the temptation though....! Heh, heh.

I think you would have had to use the scraper attachment on him !

People who use power washers are compensating for something.

I use mine on the car wheels, but have to get the power washer out afterwards due to the pishy stains.

Don't use it to clean your new bike, though.