Power Washers - Pros & Cons

faraway saint

I always thought it was colonic irrigation -smile.png

Apparently klismaphilia is for getting your rocks off but colonic irrigation is just to clean out dust, pebbles or whatever else is stuck up your erse whether by fair means or foul. Someone on here must have had colonic irrigation surely. So come on, tell us if it's sexy. Doesn't sound it.

I bought a Karcher power washer a few years ago just to clean down the walls of some of the outbuildings before painting them. I tried to use it on the patio area to clean the slabs and stonework but it was spraying stuff all over the place so I got the groundsman to stop using it.

When cleaning slabs I tend to buy about three or four bottles of the thin bleach from Lidl. It costs under a pound for five litres. You basically just pour it on neat, brush it around and leave it. It pretty much kills everything and leaves the paths clean looking. It will work fine on monoblock without seeing most of the grouting stuff flying up the street and needing replaced. Keep pets and kids out the way until its dried up. That nornmally doesnt take too long though.

I bought a Karcher power washer a few years ago just to clean down the walls of some of the outbuildings before painting them. I tried to use it on the patio area to clean the slabs and stonework but it was spraying stuff all over the place so I got the groundsman to stop using it.

When cleaning slabs I tend to buy about three or four bottles of the thin bleach from Lidl. It costs under a pound for five litres. You basically just pour it on neat, brush it around and leave it. It pretty much kills everything and leaves the paths clean looking. It will work fine on monoblock without seeing most of the grouting stuff flying up the street and needing replaced. Keep pets and kids out the way until its dried up. That nornmally doesnt take too long though.

This is pretty much what a friend of our from Paisley told my wife the other night.

I'm starting to lean towards this idea as the hassle that seems to go with a power washer seems to be counteracting the benefits.

This is pretty much what a friend of our from Paisley told my wife the other night.

I'm starting to lean towards this idea as the hassle that seems to go with a power washer seems to be counteracting the benefits.

When I moved into my current abode several years ago, I spent a couple of years buying patio cleaning fluid and removing the staining using a patio cleaning brush. It took me f**king ages and I was absolutely f**ked after it, with a mega sore back to boot. It didn't really work as well as I thought either.

I eventually borrowed my mates Karcher and it took a lot less longer and had a much better end result.

I then bought one at a reduced price from Argos. Wear a pair of wellies and some eye protection and it's fine. Takes me a couple of hours to do an area of approx 18m2 without any of the fancy attachments.

When I moved into my current abode several years ago, I spent a couple of years buying patio cleaning fluid and removing the staining using a patio cleaning brush. It took me f**king ages and I was absolutely f**ked after it, with a mega sore back to boot. It didn't really work as well as I thought either.

I eventually borrowed my mates Karcher and it took a lot less longer and had a much better end result.

I then bought one at a reduced price from Argos. Wear a pair of wellies and some eye protection and it's fine. Takes me a couple of hours to do an area of approx 18m2 without any of the fancy attachments.

Oh, I like this "lazy" option as it's quite a big area. (about 90 600 x 600 slabs with 20 450 x 450 at the front)

Think I'll borrow one and try it for myself.

I'm assuming by the safety gear you wear, me doing this naked in flip flops isn't a good idea? whistling.gif

Oh, I like this "lazy" option as it's quite a big area. (about 90 600 x 600 slabs with 20 450 x 450 at the front)

Think I'll borrow one and try it for myself.

I'm assuming by the safety gear you wear, me doing this naked in flip flops isn't a good idea? whistling.gif

You'll require some additional "eye" protection if you're doing it bollock naked.wink.png

I love when people decide they are the peoples spokesman. lol.gifbye1.gif

Do we need a peoples spokesperson on our forum? ( see how PC I can be) We would need someone with the common touch so if we've got any common people on here, let's be hearing from you.

Do we need a peoples spokesperson on our forum? ( see how PC I can be) We would need someone with the common touch so if we've got any common people on here, let's be hearing from you.

I wanna' power wash with common people, I wanna' blast the dirt that common people do. Wanna' clean my path like common people, wanna' share my Karcher with common people like you!

• 8 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/5/2022 at 10:06 PM, faraway saint said:

Decided to purchase a new pressure washer last week, fed up borrowing the neighbours. :rolleyes:

Just seen an advert for Karcher pressure washers, same make as mine, where they are "selling" the idea of an app that adjusts the washer? :wacko:

What a fecking waste of time. :lol:

Might tackle the slabs today, it's quite a task right enough but, with a busy month coming up, not too many opportunities remaining.