Hearts And Us.

9 hours ago, W6er said:

Me too. I know it's a historical thing, but I would prefer a rivalry with Partick - they're much closer geographically and we are both the same size and live in the shadow of the Old Firm. Plus I don't like their fans - hipsters (beardy weirdies, bohemians), students and those whose sensibilities are too fragile to cope with the bigotry of the Old Firm. I really don't like Thistle, actually.

Yup, some of their fans are a bit "precious"...

On 5/29/2020 at 8:15 AM, windae cleaner said:

Every game wee Frank got it

A mind the cup game in 86 where they booted f**k out of money and Neil Cooper went in goals.

We were surrounded by the Maroon Balloons who giving it tight to McGarvey

At the end of the game a few started to appauld the man

With shouts "No wonder you're knackered McGarvey you're carrying a whole team"

Great wee player never gave up

That was my last St. Mirren game before moving to Jersey. Sunday 9th March 1986. Left for Jersey the following Saturday. 

3 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

That was my last St. Mirren game before moving to Jersey. Sunday 9th March 1986. Left for Jersey the following Saturday. 

Plenty of trouble that day

Lucky my group got off at Waverly instead of Haymarket where the Hibs casuals were waiting for Saints fans getting off

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

We have always been made the scapegoat for their failure against Dundee.  I was at the Celtic game and Saints fans did boo certain Saints players for their effort.:rolleyes:

I left at half time disgusted at how we were playing. 

28 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

We have always been made the scapegoat for their failure against Dundee.  I was at the Celtic game and Saints fans did boo certain Saints players for their effort.:rolleyes:

I've seen us lose by 5,6 and 7 to both arse cheeks- that game was just another one of those days when we were blown away.

Back then I'd have probably preferred to see Hearts win the title,  but now knowing how much comedy that day has provided since, it's a close call. 

The constant whining and conspiracy theories from them about 86 are laughable.

Simple fact  - If you need to avoid defeat in one game against a team multiple places below you in the league to become champions and you can't do it then you don't deserve to be champions.

If they are looking for someone to blame, they only need to look in the mirror.

Edited by southsidebud

For me as a Scottish Football fan, I had always wished that Hearts had won the league that year - and that Aberdeen had managed to get the draw at Ibrox on the last day in the early 90s - probably the two nearest misses since the last non OF win.

After realising all the bile and vilification that has been coming our way on 86 (I admit I was ignorant on the scale until recently) - I am now glad they blew it. It was in their own hands. 

To paraphrase Yflab above - Feck 'em

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

I left at half time disgusted at how we were playing. 

I told my mate a big Celtic fan  what the score would be that day as soon as I found out we were playing Jim Stewart in goals. 

Oh big Jon Jon Obika

nearly made me a streaker

When big big Jon Obika put the ball in the Hearts net

Oh wee Annie Anne

She said she widnae Budge

But along came Jon Obika

Her plans did turn tae fudge

Big Jon Jon Obika

of Hearts he did get rid

What an assist by the old Covid

Now Hearts they are full of intrigue

as they try and fix the league

But chances are rather sparse

Cos big Jon Jon Obika he dumped then on there arse

2 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

Oh big Jon Jon Obika

nearly made me a streaker

When big big Jon Obika put the ball in the Hearts net

Oh wee Annie Anne

She said she widnae Budge

But along came Jon Obika

Her plans did turn tae fudge

Big Jon Jon Obika

of Hearts he did get rid

What an assist by the old Covid

Now Hearts they are full of intrigue

as they try and fix the league

But chances are rather sparse

Cos big Jon Jon Obika he dumped then on there arse

Tam, oh Tam, it's so bad it's almost good.

Well done, well done indeed. :wink:

On 6/9/2020 at 4:43 PM, southsidebud said:

For me as a Scottish Football fan, I had always wished that Hearts had won the league that year - and that Aberdeen had managed to get the draw at Ibrox on the last day in the early 90s - probably the two nearest misses since the last non OF win.

After realising all the bile and vilification that has been coming our way on 86 (I admit I was ignorant on the scale until recently) - I am now glad they blew it. It was in their own hands. 

To paraphrase Yflab above - Feck 'em

Celtic won that day. They didn't. The league champions have the highest number of points. Hearts didnt. This year they have the least. That wasn't down to us beating them in the last game.