Rip Off Britain

At work we have Romanian Stewards so I was talking to one as he was looking at his iPhone. Asked him what he pays on his tariff , told me he is pay as you go. 6 Euro for a month gives him 4,500 min 7mb internet and 200 min international calls with Vodaphone. I laughed , no way. So he put up his messages in e-mail and showed me the text from Vodaphone. Right enough there it was in front of me 6 Euro 4500min 7mb plus 200min international calls if he is outside Romania. WTF !

T

Edited by Lochwinnoch Saint

At work we have Romanian Stewards so I was talking to one as he was looking at his iPhone. Asked him what he pays on his tariff , told me he is pay as you go. 6 Euro for a month gives him 4,500 min 7mb internet and 200 min international calls with Vodaphone. I laughed , no way. So he put up his messages in e-mail and showed me the text from Vodaphone. Right enough there it was in front of me 6 Euro 4500min 7mb plus 200min international calls if he is outside Romania. WTF !

T

Companies charge what the market will pay.

In Romania I'm pretty sure the average income is less and therefore cheaper for Vodafone to install and run their networks there.

That's why it'll be cheaper.

Also enough people in the UK are prepared to pay the current rates and it's more expensive to run a network here.

• 9 years later...
On 6/23/2013 at 9:42 PM, shull said:

It's no that bad.

Scotch Pies are only £1 each in Greggs.

That's a good deal.

Probably costs a fortune to purchase a Greggs Pie in Romania.

Yir too harsh on Blighty L.S.

What does a Scots Pie cost in Greggs now Mr S? 

1 hour ago, Rascal said:

Good value Mr S. is old man McHarg still around. Had a house in Bridge of Weir if I remember it properly 

Dunno. There is a wee old dude who pops into the shop in Craigton to check things out. Could be him.