Sign in to follow this  
buddie

Squad Numbers 2013/14

I see some of the players on twitter already know their numbers for the forthcoming season. Thomas Reilly will wear 17, John McGinn has requested 7 and Kenny McLean has asked for 11. Does anyone know when the full list is published?

I always wanted number 10 because my first ever Saints hero was Tommy Gemmell and my all time hero is Denis Law. They wore number 10, which for the uninitiated meant that they played inside left. I duly became an inside left but didn't quite achieve the same dizzy heights as my heroes. I remember too when Gerry Baker's brother Joe played for Torino, they played him with a number 8 on his back even though he was playing centre forward. The cheating bassas! Questions got asked in parliament and quite right too.

I always wanted number 10 because my first ever Saints hero was Tommy Gemmell and my all time hero is Denis Law. They wore number 10, which for the uninitiated meant that they played inside left. I duly became an inside left but didn't quite achieve the same dizzy heights as my heroes. I remember too when Gerry Baker's brother Joe played for Torino, they played him with a number 8 on his back even though he was playing centre forward. The cheating bassas! Questions got asked in parliament and quite right too.

Christ Rick, do you have a personal story for EVERY thread? lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Goalkeeper (if we ever sign one) will wear number 1.

Interesting, but pointless fact. In the 1982 World Cup, Ossie Ardiles wore the number 1 shirt, even though he was an outfield player. Reason? The Argentinian squad numbers were chosen alphabetically. Strange but true.

Christ Rick, do you have a personal story for EVERY thread? lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Just about but I don't tell them all. When you get on with most people and don't insult or abuse them all the time, it comes kind of natural. Have you tried that? It's a relatively new concept.

Interesting, but pointless fact. In the 1982 World Cup, Ossie Ardiles wore the number 1 shirt, even though he was an outfield player. Reason? The Argentinian squad numbers were chosen alphabetically. Strange but true.

Did that wee rat at Hibs not have #01 in his 2nd spell?

Zerouali?

That's the one! Think he changed it in his second season at the club? He started off with something crazy like 47, then had to ask permission to use 0, which was granted.

On another note, he's dead now! Think he died in a car crash or something??