Cornell, Dilo & Dillon Sign - Confirmed

The lad was the victim of quite a serious unprovoked assault in an Irish night club last year, the person who did it was jailed. Must have been a pretty frightening experience, hope he's fully recovered. Vienna's or Fury Murry's should be safer.

Welcome to all of them.

Hope they don't get pre-judged before playing for us.The relevance of the players will become so , once they have turned out for St Mirren.

2 more signing next week will be welcome.Nice to see the team get freshened up.

With two of these signings earmarked as 'future prospects' I can see another goalie coming in and at least 3 or 4 more experienced players.

With two of these signings earmarked as 'future prospects' I can see another goalie coming in and at least 3 or 4 more experienced players.

Obviously nobody can be sure 2 at least you would imagine but of course based on what you said 3/4 would be about right & welcome.

Either way its always good to see new faces at the club :)

Back in 1978 our 2 keepers were kids who started the season without a single league appearance between them.

They went on to become, arguably, the club's greatest ever keepers.

If you are good enough then you are old enough!

Agreed. But it seems that Dilo is being signed as our U19 replacement this season. We'd still be left in a bit of a predicament if one of these guys were injured.

I have no problem with us signing youth, I'm simply paraphrasing what DL himself has said. No-one had ever heard of Connor Newton six months ago. Now there's not a Saints fan around who wouldn't be desperate to see him back in the stripes.

Edited by djchapsticks

I think 3-4 experienced players will be pushing it.

I would like at least 2 decent experienced defenders come in

I thought our defence was weak last year and only looked slightly better when we moved our captain back there.

Also imo our best defender has went back to Newcastle and i got a feeling they will try and blood 2 untried youngsters in Kelly and Naismith.

This along with a young Keeper i not confident about the back. The midfield is looking fine but after the Hawk there's not many forwards either

Interesting times still to come