Cornell, Dilo & Dillon Sign - Confirmed

You were the one talking about young Keepers in 78/79.

As long as they are good, I don't care what age they are!

Thompson would have been helped by good experienced pros in Beckett Copland and Munro who were in our defence those days

Those guys were "good" defenders!

In any case, Van Zanten, Mair, Goodwin and even McAusland are all experienced!

Edited by Isabella Duke

Think Cornell will be a fantastic loan signing, if what I've read is anything to go by.

Bear in mind that Swansea are now a top class side, playing good football, in one of the strongest and most competitive leagues in the world, so he can't be too shabby.

Am I missing something here? This guy looks like he has never played for the Swansea first team......?!

Am I missing something here? This guy looks like he has never played for the Swansea first team......?!

Yes, you are indeed missing something here. Michel Vorm is possibly the best keeper in the Premiere League, so Cornell is coming to us to gain competitive first team experience. He looks like being a major star of the future and I for one can't wait to see him turn out for us. My prediction is that he will be a fans' favourite within six weeks of the season starting.

The point being, if you're good enough to even be in the squad at a team in the English Premiership, you won't be a bad player. Don't be in any doubt about the chasm of difference in quality between that league and ours. So, the point being, a squad player at a team like Swansea is very likely to be of a standard which is much higher than the normal SPL player. Here's a thought... Would Craig Samson would be good enough to play for any EPL club? Because I'm telling you, he wouldn't be.

Good positive signings and I am sure there will be a few more quality players signed before the season starts. Like what i have been reading about Cornell.

Welcome to St Mirren lads!

Not been reading the forum as much since season ended but very disappointed by the amount of negative chat on here and Facebook about the new signings and the club in general. There are some very depressing people out there who call themselves St Mirren fans. I hope the new signings don't have a glance at the forums.

Yes, you are indeed missing something here. Michel Vorm is possibly the best keeper in the Premiere League, so Cornell is coming to us to gain competitive first team experience. He looks like being a major star of the future and I for one can't wait to see him turn out for us. My prediction is that he will be a fans' favourite within six weeks of the season starting.

Their 2nd choice , Tremmel , ain't too shabby either. Chances are that Cornell is a good 'un in the making , looking forward to seeing him play !

Good positive signings and I am sure there will be a few more quality players signed before the season starts. Like what i have been reading about Cornell.

Welcome to St Mirren lads!

Not been reading the forum as much since season ended but very disappointed by the amount of negative chat on here and Facebook about the new signings and the club in general. There are some very depressing people out there who call themselves St Mirren fans. I hope the new signings don't have a glance at the forums.

The Facebook fannies are a lot worse than the people on here.

Posters on here have been generally welcoming.

It's usually Twitter>B&WA>Facebook in terms of reaction to new signings.

De Gea is the same age as Cornell and like Cornell has only been capped at Under-21 level. Think he has done ok at Man U. Newton and Dummet had never played first team football before and they did ok. Not at all worried about Cornell. There have been several young reserve Premiership keepers who played in Scotland then went on to success in the Premiership.

Or an instant fans favourite with a good showing against Morton,

I doubt it very much. We have brought in Cornell as first choice, with dilo as back-up. Any 3rd keeper will be from our youths.

Looks as though we will have Dilo working his way to becoming future number 1 and Cornell will be filling that spot until he develops in to the role. I know Cornell is still uoung though seems more experienced in terms of exposure at a decent level.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Black & White Army mobile app

I doubt it very much. We have brought in Cornell as first choice, with dilo as back-up. Any 3rd keeper will be from our youths.

Looks as though we will have Dilo working his way to becoming future number 1 and Cornell will be filling that spot until he develops in to the role. I know Cornell is still uoung though seems more experienced in terms of exposure at a decent level.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Black & White Army mobile app

Dilo is a youth keeper, he is 19 and will play for the U20's. I would be astounded if we never signed another goalkeeper.

3 Keepers!........Are you wishing a heart attack on a famous poster on here??

Last year we had Samson, Adam & an under 20 keeper. We then signed Smith due to the serious injury Adam suffered.

I'd say there's a good chance we'll see an older more experienced keeper join the ranks.

3 Keepers!........Are you wishing a heart attack on a famous poster on here??

Sure.

We should have 1 senior keeper (yet to be signed) 1 ready for first team football and capable of seriously challenging the senior keeper for the number 1 spot (Cornell) and 1 youth keeper capable of being used in emergencies (Dilo).

We lost 3 keepers in May, we have so far signed 2. Cornell has replaced Adam and Dilo has replaced Smith, i'm looking forward to seeing who replaces Samson.