Cornell, Dilo & Dillon Sign - Confirmed

What a load of word salad.

I have no issue with us using the loan market, i think Cornell will be a good signing for us FWIW. The point is we need another keeper, and i'm sure Danny realises this as much as anyone. Swansea only have 2 senior keepers, if either of them gets injured or even suspended, i'd wager Cornell is on the next flight down to Wales.

Not to mention the natural risk of either Dilo or Cornell getting injured/suspended up here. We cannot be in a position where we only have one untested keeper available for selection.

The good news is Danny will know this, and i'm sure he's working on a deal to bring another keeper to the club as we speak.

Sorry, I bow down to your superior intellect.

Word salad.... Wish I'd thought of that one.

I think one thing, you think another. We disagree. That's life. Well, best to you anyway. Hope you get your argument elsewhere.

Could easily be wrong but I reckon the squad numbers just released for 2013/14 indicate we're still looking for a second choice keeper, 12 &16 the numbers of our back-up keepers last season are both still vacant.

2012/13 - Samson (1), Smith (12) & Adam (16)

2103/14 - Cornell (1), Dilo (30)

I'd agree, I posted last week that I heard we're after an experienced keeper as back up.

Lovezo (lovestreet) missed that one :P

Could easily be wrong but I reckon the squad numbers just released for 2013/14 indicate we're still looking for a second choice keeper, 12 &16 the numbers of our back-up keepers last season are both still vacant.

2012/13 - Samson (1), Smith (12) & Adam (16)

2103/14 - Cornell (1), Dilo (30)

Of course we are.

Dilo is a youth keeper like Adam McHugh. He will be playing for the U20's next season and providing emergency back up to the first team.

I'm looking forward to seeing who Danny brings in to directly compete with Cornell for the number 1 slot.

Edited by Lex

A cross border loan signing cannot be recalled except during a transfer window. Let's not start scaremongering.

Cornell will be our first choice goalkeeper, Dillo will be his backup.

The club is NOT in the market for a third keeper. We have absolutely no need to carry three as you can always get an emergency loan done for a keeper outwith the window as it is deemed to be an exceptional circumstance.

If you can be arsed, have a look back to the forum the day we signed Craig Samson from Ayr Utd and have a look at the reaction to that signing back then.

A cross border loan signing cannot be recalled except during a transfer window. Let's not start scaremongering.

The club is NOT in the market for a third keeper. We have absolutely no need to carry three as you can always get an emergency loan done for a keeper outwith the window as it is deemed to be an exceptional circumstance.

If you can be arsed, have a look back to the forum the day we signed Craig Samson from Ayr Utd and have a look at the reaction to that signing back then.

Good.

Another goalkeeper would be a complete waste of money. Chris Smith, Grant Adam and Graeme Smith; we've spent four years wages on these guys with none of them playing a single minute of first team football. One first team goalkeeper (Cornell) and one providing competition (Dilo) and one playing for the U20s (Hughes) is plenty.

Thanks Div.

Sanity.