Le Tour De France . . 2013

His comments about discovering the constituents of said liquid were quite funny mind you.

Some ride from Froome today if the BBC text is right...

Indeed , Froome once again stamped his authority all over the race again today. He only had to drop Quintana for the win , the wee man just couldn't hack in the end . Ventoux means a lot to the Tour riders , especially the British ones. ..

Stunning ride by Froome. The others didn't have any answer when he cranked it up in the final 6 km or so.

A 4 minutes 20 sec advantage will be very difficult for the others to overturn if he can stay safe this week. Even with depleted team, he looks a cut above this year.

Mightily impressive stuff.

Stunning ride by Froome. The others didn't have any answer when he cranked it up in the final 6 km or so.

A 4 minutes 20 sec advantage will be very difficult for the others to overturn if he can stay safe this week. Even with depleted team, he looks a cut above this year.

Mightily impressive stuff.

Todays trip to Gap could be interesting , especially with the long descent into Gap. I reckon Froome and Qunintana will come out top on the mountain time trial but obviously , Thursdays epic trip up Alpe d'huez , twice will be the decider for most contenders. .

I reckon Quintana will keep going up the rankings but l'd prefer it if Gary Imlach stopped asking Boardman what tactics the other teams should deploy to beat Froome. .

Todays trip to Gap could be interesting , especially with the long descent into Gap. I reckon Froome and Qunintana will come out top on the mountain time trial but obviously , Thursdays epic trip up Alpe d'huez , twice will be the decider for most contenders. .

I reckon Quintana will keep going up the rankings but l'd prefer it if Gary Imlach stopped asking Boardman what tactics the other teams should deploy to beat Froome. .

Prefer Eurosport commentary if I'm completely honest...Alpe d'huez x2 is going to be very interesting...

Prefer Eurosport commentary if I'm completely honest...Alpe d'huez x2 is going to be very interesting...

I only watch it on the other channel because, despite being from Paisley and being a great guy , Brian Smith bores me and despite Sean Kelly being a great road man and a knowledgeable guy , he puts me to sleep after a bit. .

I think wee Bertie showed himself up on the trip to ,Gap. Despite several failed attempts to drop Froome , on the climb , wee Bertie then decides to attack Froome on the descent and ends up falling off out of shear desperation. As if that was not enough , he fails to take his turn on the front and then has a go at Quintana because he said that Quintana tried to get away from him when he fell off . Turns out wee Bertie has a short memory. .

he is nearly as bad as that wee fella that comes on here. .

I didn't catch today's stage but yesterday was brutal to watch. Froome had a major wobble but hung on, and Contador fell away, surprisingly.

Today pretty much as they were?

Yeh, they were plagued by thunderstorms today in the mountains. When it rains in the Alps , it f**ken pours. So I think unnecessary risks were being avoided as the GC guys tended to group together as Rui Costa was allowed to slip off and bag , stage win nos2. .

Now there are still only seconds between positions 2-5 , so I reckon there will be some last minute scrambling for position tomorrow and the likelihood being that wee Bertie loses his perch and probably a podium place too. . well . . here's hoping anyway. .

Went a wee run down to Largs this morning. Nearly ran over five or six lycra-clad fannies on the road down. How come you always encounter these wannabe Wiggins fuds on blind bends, or when another motorist is heading your way? At least three of the fannies had sponsors names written across their arse. I blame Chris Hoy. Nearly made me late home for the leaders going out at Muirfield. Not happy. Get it sorted MacPherson.

Glad Les Francaises did push the boat out a bit for the 100th edition of Le Tour. Thought Team Sky made a nice gesture to come in as a team, l don't think that has been done before, certainly not since l started watching it in the 7ts. Froome made a great speach at the end too and you just know that he and Quintana will be fighting it out in years to come..

Some really good coverage from the ITV4 team , l'll take my hat off to them . .

Went a wee run down to Dullatur this morning. Nearly ran over five or six plus-four-clad fannies on the road down heading for the golf course. How come you always encounter these wannabe Tiger fuds on blind bends, or when another motorist is heading your way? At least three of the fannies had sponsors names written across their arse. I blame Colin Montgomery. Nearly made me late home for the leaders going out at Versailles. Not happy. Get it sorted MacPherson.

Edited by saintnextlifetime