Kealan Dillon

Danny Lennon signed him. He was 19 - older than John McGinn - when he joined and went straight into the first team squad and started the season on the bench. You think Danny delegates responsibility for signing first team players to Davie Longwell? Jeez... I can't believe I'm having to explain this.

Danny Lennon doesn't sign all the players in the u20s. Most of them come through the youth ranks and are given youth contracts by the club. If they fail to make the first team that's obviously not Danny's fault. For example I wouldn't class Dominic Kennedy, Mark Lamont or Jack Smith as failed Danny Lennon signings... Because he never signed them.

However he did sign Kealan Dillon. Therefore he has to accept blame for him not working out. How do you think Kealan should be remembered? As a successful signing or as a failed signing?

He wasn't signed as a first team player though all quotes from the manager at the time said that. And, if the boy is homesick and decides we wants to leave, can you really class that as a failed signing?

How do I class Dillon? Inconsequential probably. A young player that probably didn't cut it like many young players up and down the land.

He wasn't signed as a first team player though all quotes from the manager at the time said that. And, if the boy is homesick and decides we wants to leave, can you really class that as a failed signing?

How do I class Dillon? Inconsequential probably. A young player that probably didn't cut it like many young players up and down the land.

If he wasn't signed as a first team player why was he on the first team bench for the first few games of the season? He's older than players who are first team regulars.

Inconsequential but cost the club thousands of pounds? Seems you have a different definition of consequential than me.

As for home sick, he is from Ireland but spent years in Hull. Where's he home sick for?

Did he come off the bench? There are often young players on the bench due to the U20 rule that will never, in reality, feature.

I said if he was homesick. I don't know the reasons for him leaving.

We spend thousands of pounds on many young players that don't end up cutting, it's part and parcel of football. Paying for those that don't make is balanced off by those that do, and we have been pretty lucky this year with the number of young players featuring.

Danny Lennon signed him and he failed. Therefore he is a failed Danny Lennon signing.

I'm struggling with why you're struggling here. What you on about players over 16? If Danny signs a player and he fails it's Danny's failed signing and he has to accept a share of the responsibility

You've FAILED to prove anything.

The boy left by mutual consent. Just like Paul McGinn, he probably wanted first team football. As have other players under other managers.

I don't get the "failed signing" chat that's getting banded about on here. Were a club that's not got much of a budget, do fans really think were going to pick up proven players for free and within our wage structure?? Scouts, coaching staff and the manager need to go on players previous achievements and what they can see in games and training, this boys looked pretty decent as have most he picked up during the summer! I cant think of one player we signed that I instantly thought "no" or was displeased by his Wikipedia profile (which is about all we have to go on!

It seems some on here cant see the nonsense theyre are spouting for there sheer hatred they have for the manager

Danny Lennon signed him. He was 19 - older than John McGinn - when he joined and went straight into the first team squad and started the season on the bench. You think Danny delegates responsibility for signing first team players to Davie Longwell? Jeez... I can't believe I'm having to explain this.

Danny Lennon doesn't sign all the players in the u20s. Most of them come through the youth ranks and are given youth contracts by the club. If they fail to make the first team that's obviously not Danny's fault. For example I wouldn't class Dominic Kennedy, Mark Lamont or Jack Smith as failed Danny Lennon signings... Because he never signed them.

However he did sign Kealan Dillon. Therefore he has to accept blame for him not working out. How do you think Kealan should be remembered? As a successful signing or as a failed signing?

Blame for a youngster not making the grade? Supporters get more fickle by the day.

Has anyone considered that the guy maybe needed another 6-12 months before breaking through (not easily predictable) and got tapped by a lesser club, so decided to ask for a move. Nobody knows. Anyway, signing youngsters is a lottery in many ways, how many times have people taken credit for taking a chance on a kid-it could go either way in every case.