When Is A Transfer Embargo Not A Transfer Embargo?

Vambo57

Rangers are not allowed to pay transfer fees for players.

Nor can they PLAY any of these players they have signed until the transfer embargo ends.

They haven't broken any of the terms of the embargo.

Neither has anyone else unless someone can provide proof.

Nor can they PLAY any of these players they have signed until the transfer embargo ends.

Stop it, you're ruining the conspiracy theories. whistling.gif

I think the OP might be getting at Rangers arranging PCA's with players, playing them as trialists before the signing embargo finishes, and then signing them.

A rather handy little loop-hole, for them....

Under new SPFL rules Rangers can play the players they signed while having a transfer embargo, because outwith the SPL, clubs can play trialists in elague matches. So, The Rangers, can sign players before the transfer embargo ends and now they can also play the players they signed.

Under new SPFL rules Rangers can play the players they signed while having a transfer embargo, because outwith the SPL, clubs can play trialists in elague matches. So, The Rangers, can sign players before the transfer embargo ends and now they can also play the players they signed.

So really their punishment has ended up being the January transfer window - they (club, fans & media apologists) have a nerve claiming they've been harshly treated! huh.png

So really their punishment has ended up being the January transfer window - they (club, fans & media apologists) have a nerve claiming they've been harshly treated! huh.png

I think there were no rules so they were kind of made up on the hoof and then the SPL, SFL and SFA really got down to work figuring out how to make things easier for Rangers. So far, just about the only thing they haven't managed is getting them an early return to the SPL. Other sanctions that have stayed are UEFA linked so the arses that be have no choice.

Remember the ban means Rangers can't sign players under contract. Their £10Million war chest will have to wait till next season. They have been punished enough.

They've not been punished AT ALL.

The club went out of business due to its own venal actions.

A new business, bearing (pun intended) a similar name, was permitted - for no good or moral reason - to leapfrog all the others better qualified to join the Scottish Footballing organisations.

Please stop being your usual apologist for that discredited shambles. There's still millions of unpaid taxes that a so-called war chest could help to pay off.

They've not been punished AT ALL.

The club went out of business due to its own venal actions.

A new business, bearing (pun intended) a similar name, was permitted - for no good or moral reason - to leapfrog all the others better qualified to join the Scottish Footballing organisations.

Please stop being your usual apologist for that discredited shambles. There's still millions of unpaid taxes that a so-called war chest could help to pay off.

Are you sure?whistling.gif

Hmmm.

I'd just seen something wot you'd wrote on the poor rangers thread in a similar vein a while back, and felt a wee bit jaundiced....

Erm I have no idea what you mean.....Think I've been called out by all the masonic members like Faraway to shut up. And as far as I can remember I have been outed as a Rangers hater ....remind me though Bluto....What did I say?

There was stuff like your plea bargaining for Naismith, claims that an asset-rich org like that couldn't go bust, stuff as far back as nov 2011

And

"Posted by reborn saint on 14 February 2012 - 01:01 in Other Football

'civilsaint', on 14 Feb 2012 - 00:38, said:

Reborn, give up, you're digging a hole. You clearly don't understand the possible insolvency processes.

That's the point...you see I do and have been involved in it a few times. ....You don't have any knowlege of it and I know Range*s will be fine as Insolvency for a £60 million asset club dosn't even exist. You are not even wrong!. As Stuart says time will tell ....come back at the start of next season and apologise."

We're now beyond the end of that season.

And the RONGERS is still deid!

So mote it be. :)

There was stuff like your plea bargaining for Naismith, claims that an asset-rich org like that couldn't go bust, stuff as far back as nov 2011

And

Reborn, give up, you're digging a hole. You clearly don't understand the possible insolvency processes.

That's the point...you see I do and have been involved in it a few times. ....You don't have any knowlege of it and I know Range*s will be fine as Insolvency for a £60 million asset club dosn't even exist. You are not even wrong!. As Stuart says time will tell ....come back at the start of next season and apologise."

So mote it be. smile.png

And

So mote it be. smile.png

You win Bluto.......I thought I knew it all. I have been involved in insolvency with firms like Smith and McLaurin and seen how the process works. The Rangers case turned out very different due to the HMRC stance taken against the club...... In Feb 2012 I had no idea of the corrupt nature of the club and the fact that so much skulduggery had taken place. A lot has been posted about Ibrox and the asbestos issue and upgrades needed but in Feb 2012 A fully fit Ibrox and Murray park were worth £60 million like I said.

Guest somner9

Just plain cheating. They are letting players go because they are skint but signing him on a two year deal.

Sutton fired (made redundant) by the administrators, then two days later wilson gets a three year deal. Sorry but how does this represent value for money for the creditors??? If I was a lithuanian liquidator and be saying 'f**k yous! flats, flats we're gonna build flats!'

You win Bluto.......I thought I knew it all. I have been involved in insolvency with firms like Smith and McLaurin and seen how the process works. The Rangers case turned out very different due to the HMRC stance taken against the club...... In Feb 2012 I had no idea of the corrupt nature of the club and the fact that so much skulduggery had taken place. A lot has been posted about Ibrox and the asbestos issue and upgrades needed but in Feb 2012 A fully fit Ibrox and Murray park were worth £60 million like I said.

And should have raised a lot more than £3m for the creditors. BDO do your stuff!