Plastic Bag Charges

oaksoft

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-23096931

5p charge per bag with profit going to good causes.

You'd have thought that it would be hard to find anyone who would disagree with this but apparently not.

Still, it's a brilliant idea and will solve part of the waste problem.

About time.

Edited by oaksoft

I will never in my life pay for a Carrier Bag after spending fortunes on foodstuffs.

Got from now till 2014 to collect free yins which will be sufficient for the rest of my time.

f**k the Global Warming Con.

f**k save the Polar Bear crap.

JUST f**kEM !

I will never in my life pay for a Carrier Bag after spending fortunes on foodstuffs.

Got from now till 2014 to collect free yins which will be sufficient for the rest of my time.

f**k the Global Warming Con.

f**k save the Polar Bear crap.

JUST f**kEM !

Keep one for over yer heed.

Think of the future, no the polar bears, your family, ya daft auld sausage.

I believe the children are our future..............lol.gif

You'd have thought that it would be hard to find anyone who would disagree with this but apparently not.

About time.

i would charge 25p per bag,,but then as an entrepreneur in the plastice industry i would,,,,whistling.gif

About time.

Get yourself a life ya plastic consumer orientated neanderthal - give up your telly, car, microwave, holidays in spain and wherever, and then I might consider your opinion, ya hypocrite - plastic rules your life, or are you unaware of that fact?

Edited by sally02

I haven't looked at this in detail, so maybe someone could fill me in. This 5p per' bag charge - are they talking about supermarket food shopping, where you have a trolley full of stuff and put it into bags at the checkout...

...or does it apply to all plastic bags? Say you go into the Saints shop and buy a golf shirt from awp, or you go into Argos and buy a toaster. Does awp or Argos charge you 5p for the one bag you actually need to get your item home clean and safe?

I haven't looked at this in detail, so maybe someone could fill me in. This 5p per' bag charge - are they talking about supermarket food shopping, where you have a trolley full of stuff and put it into bags at the checkout...

...or does it apply to all plastic bags? Say you go into the Saints shop and buy a golf shirt from awp, or you go into Argos and buy a toaster. Does awp or Argos charge you 5p for the one bag you actually need to get your item home clean and safe?

It applies to all plastic bags but smaller shops will not be policed in the same way as the big supermarkets etc.

It applies to all plastic bags but smaller shops will not be policed in the same way as the big supermarkets etc.

This sounds awfully wooly and vague. If I go in and spend £45 on a golf shirt from awp, I want it handed to me in a bag, and I don't want to be paying for the bloody thing as well as the shirt.

In this day and age, why aren't all bags of this nature bio-degradable anyway?

You'd have a point if this wasn't the general nonsense forum - he's entitled to post his non-football stuff in here, it's kind of it's reason for being. And when I say "kind of" I mean sole.

ETA - quote didn't work, this was a reply to SergioTacchiniGuy

Edited by salmonbuddie

This sounds awfully wooly and vague. If I go in and spend £45 on a golf shirt from awp, I want it handed to me in a bag, and I don't want to be paying for the bloody thing as well as the shirt.

In this day and age, why aren't all bags of this nature bio-degradable anyway?

We've had it since early April and it hasn't caused a lot of hassle. But unless it's bio-degradable, you have to pay your five or six pence irrespective of what you buy. Obviously if you bring your own bag there is no problem.

We've had it since early April and it hasn't caused a lot of hassle. But unless it's bio-degradable, you have to pay your five or six pence irrespective of what you buy. Obviously if you bring your own bag there is no problem.

This kind of leads back to my initial post - I have an old sports bag in the boot of the car which contains a pile of re-useable bags that I take into Tesco, Asda or wherever when I go to do my shopping. However, when I go into Glasgow or Braehead or wherever, to buy clothes, CDs, trainers... I don't head into town clutching a handful of plastic bags - and I don't see anyone else doing so either - unlike at Tesco for the food shopping. Hence my initial query. If I'm in town, I expect HMV to put my purchase in a wee bag, I expect Ralph Slater to put my shirts in a plastic bag, and I expect JD Sports to put my trainers in a plastic bag.

...and I don't want them to charge me for the bag either. Supermarkets? I get it - hundreds of shoppers with packed trollies = lots of flimsy bags. I hope this new scheme doesn't extend to non-food shopping, that's all.

This kind of leads back to my initial post - I have an old sports bag in the boot of the car which contains a pile of re-useable bags that I take into Tesco, Asda or wherever when I go to do my shopping. However, when I go into Glasgow or Braehead or wherever, to buy clothes, CDs, trainers... I don't head into town clutching a handful of plastic bags - and I don't see anyone else doing so either - unlike at Tesco for the food shopping. Hence my initial query. If I'm in town, I expect HMV to put my purchase in a wee bag, I expect Ralph Slater to put my shirts in a plastic bag, and I expect JD Sports to put my trainers in a plastic bag.

...and I don't want them to charge me for the bag either. Supermarkets? I get it - hundreds of shoppers with packed trollies = lots of flimsy bags. I hope this new scheme doesn't extend to non-food shopping, that's all.

Start it Poz......You could save the world.........No plastic bags ever ....No Global warming and world peace in one go