Johnstone The Wee Gem- Papamacs

Have been to the Papamacs in Johnstone square a few times where a fantastic meal is served as good as you will get in any restaurant and cheaper than you pay in Glasgow. Last night the wife went with some friends one of whom recently had a meal in the Three Chimneys arguably one of Scotland’s best restaurants. She said it was every bit as good as the Three Chimneys while Papamacs has been given great write up’s in the Herald and Scotsman magazine. Well worth a visit for dinner guy’s.

Edited by Lochwinnoch Saint

Nice enough, not even the best restaurant in Johnstone for me though. Portions are a bit small! My favourite is La Trattoria Roma, a little Italian gem beside the Lidls.

Its interesting that according to Trip Advisor those two are the best two restaurants in Renfrewshire. Here's the top 10 for anyone thats interested: http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurants-g186569-Renfrewshire_Scotland.html

1) Papa Macs - Johnstone

2) La Trattoria Roma - Johnstone

3) Cardosis - Paisley

4) Bella Roma - Paisley

5) Il Picolo Mondo - Renfrew

6) La Rambla - Paisley

7) Windyhill - Kilmalcom

8) Cucina Minucci - Lochwinnoch

9) The Corran Inn - Houston

10) Cristal Restaurant Marr Hall - Bishopton

So basically Johnstone is at the heart of culinary excellence in Renfrewshire. Eat your heart out you posh Lochwinnoch/Houston/Kilmalcom/Marr Hall wannabees tongue.png

Edited by Lex

Nice enough, not even the best restaurant in Johnstone for me though. Portions are a bit small! My favourite is La Trattoria Roma, a little Italian gem beside the Lidls.

Its interesting that according to Trip Advisor those two are the best two restaurants in Renfrewshire. Here's the top 10 for anyone thats interested: http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurants-g186569-Renfrewshire_Scotland.html

1) Papa Macs - Johnstone

3) Cardosis - Paisley

4) Bella Roma - Paisley

6) La Rambla - Paisley

7) Windyhill - Kilmalcom

So basically Johnstone is at the heart of culinary excellence in Renfrewshire. Eat your heart out you posh Lochwinnoch/Houston/Kilmalcom/Marr Hall wannabees tongue.png

Cant believe the Noodle bar in Moss Street isnt included.

On March 17th this year it served the best meal ive ever had !

PaPa Macs is owned by St Mirren supporter Stuart McIntosh from Inchinnan , he's the guy on the door at the official entrance on matchdays !

A gentleman indeed who obliges me with a Teamsheet on Matchday.

1) Papa Macs - Johnstone

3) Cardosis - Paisley

4) Bella Roma - Paisley

6) La Rambla - Paisley

7) Windyhill - Kilmalcom

I believe that Windyhill is now gone

Theres another wee place in johnstone serves a good meal and has a good specials board, Rennies in Collier stereet. They also have a huge selection of beers and spirits if I recall around a 150 beers from around the world and plenty whiskey, vodka and rums from around the world. Its worth a try.

Theres another wee place in johnstone serves a good meal and has a good specials board, Rennies in Collier stereet. They also have a huge selection of beers and spirits if I recall around a 150 beers from around the world and plenty whiskey, vodka and rums from around the world. Its worth a try.

Do you own it?

Do you own it?

I wish, just sampled there meals and beers. I do own another business in johnstone so if your ever looking for electrical supplies, tools, cable, lighting, fixings fastners and silicones etc. give me a shout.