A Future Champion- Jessica Judd

RickMcD

I don't watch a lot of athletics outside the Olympics or Commonwealth Games but I've got a son who is mad keen. He asked me today to watch Jessica Judd today at Birmingham in the ladies 800 metres. She won brilliantly and is still an 18yr.old schoolgirl. She will only be 21 at the next Olympics and I think she will win a medal and I wouldn't be surprised if she wins a gold in Glasgow next year. A very pretty looking girl too. Did anyone else see her?

A very pretty 18 yo girl you say... sorry I was watching men in lycra over in France. DOH!

Pretty ? No , not really. Pretty talented .... very definitely !!

I saw her last week compete at Gateshead, gutsy win in a top class field. A great prospect , but like so many young stars the trick is to do it on a regular basis at the top level. Hope she continues to learn & improve .

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

A great prospect , but like so many young stars the trick is to do it on a regular basis at the top level. Hope she continues to learn & improve .

And to not be distracted.

I posted on here about on of our young stars. Danielle Sale. She won the national Xc at 17 and competed successfully in world championships around the world with the "adults". I had coaches from US Colleges emailing asking if she wanted a scholarship and be based in some wonderful places.

I was sure she'd be a hit in London Olympics...

She wanted to stay in Essex. So enrolled in a college near home. Gotta boyfriend and a part time job in a supermarket.

She doesn't run. :(

And to not be distracted.

I posted on here about on of our young stars. Danielle Sale. She won the national Xc at 17 and competed successfully in world championships around the world with the "adults". I had coaches from US Colleges emailing asking if she wanted a scholarship and be based in some wonderful places.

I was sure she'd be a hit in London Olympics...

She wanted to stay in Essex. So enrolled in a college near home. Gotta boyfriend and a part time job in a supermarket.

She doesn't run. sad.png

Even as I typed the bit about Jessica all the things that can go wrong were going through my head. The dedication that's needed and the amount of effort required are huge.. My son joined his club because he fancied a Polish girl that came to his school. Don't know how much progress he has made with Roxanne ( Honest) but he works bloody hard on the track.

I still think Jessica is pretty. After yesterday's race she lay there flat on her back with her young body all sweaty. Oh, yes, she's got what it takes.