St Mirren Squad 2013-14

1st of July now and players contract with clubs have now expired so we should see some activity.

Current squad listed below, some of the positions are debatable but I've listed as per the OS. I'll update this post as we go and it will let us see how our squad is shaping up.

Goal Keepers

David Cornell New signing
Chris Dilo New signing

Defenders

David Van Zanten
Darren McGregor
Lee Mair Told he can go
Marc McAusland
Jason Naismith
David Barron

Sean Kelly
Mo Yaqub

Danny Grainger

Midfielders

Gary Harkins
Jim Goodwin
Jon Robertson
Kenny McLean Injured for 6 weeks (18/7/13)
Gary Teale
John McGinn
Kealan Dillon New signing

Conor Newton

Forwards

Steven Thompson
Paul McGowan
Thomas Reilly
Anton Brady

Priorities obviously a goal keeper, striker and a left back, should be an interesting week or so.

Edited by davidg

I'm pretty sure Mo Yaqub recently signed on for another year?

ETA: I wouldn't really class McGowan as a forward, to be honest, so, assuming he will be played off the front player(s), we look very light in terms of strikers.

Edited by Drew

When did Sean Kelly become a midfielder, I was at lot of under 20s game and either he was playing left back or center half. But hes a good player

Taken from the OS mate. Every time I've seen him play he's been at left back also.

Also Mo has played a lot of games at left mid.

http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=24624

Cornell, Dilo & Dillon all confirmed on OS.

Cheers David

Quite happy how the squad is taking shape , though most of the players we have been linked with are under 21 ,I think we need a core group of 15 experienced players , which leaves us looking for four players , how we do next season very much depends on the quality of these five players. Wondering who they are ?

Cheers David

Quite happy how the squad is taking shape , though most of the players we have been linked with are under 21 ,I think we need a core group of 15 experienced players , which leaves us looking for four players , how we do next season very much depends on the quality of these five players. Wondering who they are ?

Nae bother, Stevie :P

Think we could really do with another striker in the big bastard role to ruffle them up, Thompson is getting older now so can't do it forever and none of the youngsters can really occupy that position I don't think. Just someone a wee bit better than Parkin please.