Danny Says No More Signings

Who doesn't buy a season ticket because of a lack of signings?! :lol:

Fans who sit on the fence? Fans who can't really afford it but might be influenced by one or two decent signings? Fans who've ever had a season ticket before and have chosen the games they attend? Fans who've had a season ticket for years and are thinking about what else they could spend their cash on?

I could probably go on but the fact is that the OP is right to a degree. Who wants to read pish like this? Who gets excited by their manger stating he's happy with the squad that, even the most myopic among us can see, is woefully short of quality in certain positions.

The group that finished second bottom last season has been decimated and if DL thinks what he's brought in so far is good enough, either in terms of quality or numbers, then we're probably going to suffer another underachieving league campaign. His last, in all likelihood.

Fans who sit on the fence? Fans who can't really afford it but might be influenced by one or two decent signings? Fans who've ever had a season ticket before and have chosen the games they attend? Fans who've had a season ticket for years and are thinking about what else they could spend their cash on?

I could probably go on but the fact is that the OP is right to a degree. Who wants to read pish like this? Who gets excited by their manger stating he's happy with the squad that, even the most myopic among us can see, is woefully short of quality in certain positions.

The group that finished second bottom last season has been decimated and if DL thinks what he's brought in so far is good enough, either in terms of quality or numbers, then we're probably going to suffer another underachieving league campaign. His last, in all likelihood.

Great post.

Feeling your love for Danny Lennon. bye1.gif

I've been saying just that all along.

I hope you are right my frighteningly similar to St Sid forum friend.

The reason for such behaviour just seems bizarre and I reassert that I find this to be counterproductive, find this to be counterproductive indeed.

you would stop going if there is no more signings?

ibrox isnt far if you just want to see a volume of signings, being a superfan its also nonsense, you will still buy one if we dont make any more signings.

why does lennon say it? squad is going away for training, he wants the guys going fired up he doesnt want to demotivate any in case the players he wants doesnt come off, dont forget it was only last week he said he was targeting guys but it was early days, these signings yesterday changed nothing.

Its not the only reason, but it would be one of them, The rubbish we played at home last season was no where near worth the money on a season ticket, Thinking about picking and choosing my games, Cos that squad doesn't fill me with confidence, And before you say it, YES IT WAS GREAT TO WIN THE LEAGUE CUP, That's now 34 th time ive said it, blink.png

That is a very good post my unfamiliar forum friend, good post indeed.

Great post, I agree with you, That might get you into trouble tho with Danny's yes menwhistling.giflol.gif

Great post.

Feeling your love for Danny Lennon. Posted Image

I don't particularly like Lennon as our manager but even you, the staunchest Lennon acolyte, can't be happy if we were to go into the season with what we've got?

Also, do you really think he'll get another contract if we finish second bottom next season?

From the same article....

"There are some areas of the park that maybe we still need to strengthen but we'll assess it over the rest of the close season and on our break to Spain next week then make a decision when the time is right."

Doesn't quite say that there are no more signings.

I don't particularly like Lennon as our manager but even you, the staunchest Lennon acolyte, can't be happy if we were to go into the season with what we've got?

Also, do you really think he'll get another contract if we finish second bottom next season?

Ok, you have said the key word here twice..................."if".

I prefer to comment on facts, so, if you don't mind, I'll pass on any definitive statement at this time.

Come back at the start of the season on point 1, and the end of the season on point 2. smile.png

Ok, you have said the key word here twice..................."if".

I prefer to comment on facts, so, if you don't mind, I'll pass on any definitive statement at this time.

Come back at the start of the season on point 1, and the end of the season on point 2. Posted Image

Ok then smart arse, are you happy with the current state of the squad? What would success look like, to you, next season?

I'm also confused about how an article in which Danny expresses his delight at his squad whilst he admits he'll add more players if it needs it could possibly be described as "negative". Only in the mind of the infirm, the incompetent and indeed the incontinent could this be so.

Ok then smart arse, are you happy with the current state of the squad? What would success look like, to you, next season?

It's irrelevant FFS. If we are out of money then we are out of money.

If we are NOT out of money then Danny will buy more players.

Seriously are you really not understanding this basic concept?

Does anyone seriously expect a manger of any club to come out before the season starts and say 'I'm not happy with the squad, we're need better quality players for a few positions and the squad is too small.' What would that do to the players already signed ? What would it do for season ticket sales ? What would it say to the other clubs in the league ? The manager basically doesn't think his team is good enough and will struggle, is what it would say.

OK we've released or lost a lot of players but how many were regularly in the first team squad never mind a regular starter ?

If DL had come out and said we need more players, then agents would have been like one of those cartoon characters with £ signs for eyes and try to milk us for every penny they could get.

Personally I'll wait and see what happens over the remainder of the transfer window.

I think, something startling coming here, we need at least 2 players who will be first team regulars, possibly another couple who might fight for places.

Next season equalling 8th would be decent, better than that, I'd be overjoyed and surprised as we've never shown we could be top six in our SPL lifetime.

Thanks for the smart arse comment, here to help. thumbup2.gif

How can we be out of money? We released 10 players? While replaced then with 4 and 1 youth player

Something isn't right

It's relevant, you annoying little prick, because I asked the question.

Also, how do you know how much money we have and if that's the issue at play here.

I hope you are right my frighteningly similar to St Sid forum friend.

The reason for such behaviour just seems bizarre and I reassert that I find this to be counterproductive, find this to be counterproductive indeed.

Put yourself in Danny's shoes and I'll pretend to be an agent.

Now imagine posting something which says "Yes we are desperately looking for more players".

What do you think I'll do as a cut throat agent? Be nice to you? Offer you a deal?

No I'm going to bend you over, remove your enormous Y fronts and repeatedly swipe your arse with a credit card until your account is empty.

Now imagine posting something like "We've signed all we need and now I'm a happy fluffy thing".

Now I'm going to be trying to "persuade" you to buy players you said you didn't really need. You'll be doing ME a favour.

You and others here should stick to sweeping the streets or whatever cos you know bugger all about negotiating.