Danny Says No More Signings

Pointless conjecture judging this transfer window now. We won't really know how successful Dannys squad management this summer has been until around January time. We can only hope his performance in this window is a vast improvement on his last three.

Edited by Lex

Pointless conjecture judging this transfer window now. We won't really know how successful Dannys squad management this summer has been until around January time. We can only hope his performance in this window is a vast improvement on his last four.

So you never went to the cup semi or final then Lex?

I've read this article again and again and I've yet to read anywhere that there will be no more signings.

A summery of what he said for the guys who are struggling to read.

"we're absolutely delighted with the personnel that we have on board already"

"opportunity there for the younger ones to stake their claim"

"There are some areas of the park that maybe we still need to strengthen but we'll assess it over the rest of the close season"

"make a decision when the time is right"

I've read this article again and again and I've yet to read anywhere that there will be no more signings.

"There are some areas of the park that maybe we still need to strengthen but we'll assess it over the rest of the close season"

So, what are you saying, the OP pished his auld knickers at a headline and the rest of the same old sheep jumped right in to satisfy their ever increasing desire to see Lennon out?lol.gif

As I said earlier, the usual pre season knicker wetting from the same old saddo's.

Oh, I'm bad. punk.gif

Ronaldinho was very, very close to signing for St Mirren early in his career, IMAGINE! Read This! >>

Ronaldinho, then at Gremio, had already lined up a deal to take him to Paris St-Germain in the summer, but was looking for a short-term switch to acclimatise himself to European football.

It would have been one of the most eye-opening signings of all time - Brazilian superstar Ronaldinho joining Paisley club St.Mirren. It was almost a reality in 2001 when manager Tom Hendrie allegedly persuaded Ronaldinho to join for three months. However, the deal broke down at the last minute when the Brazilian FA refused to rubber-stamp the deal because of an investigation into a fake passport scandal.

No shit Sherlock?........Do we really need 11 players and subs??......I'm with you Buddie....always the case of late signings....Saves money in the summer....Spot on.

You don't like Danny Lennon....I do as he won us the League cup....No big deal buddie....Each to their own

Where did i say I don't like the manager? I don;t get to see the team often enough to comment. Just that he's prone to talking mince. Frankly he can say anything he likes it doesn't matter. Unless you are Kenny Shiels or Jim Clunie it's not that important..

Where did i say I don't like the manager? I don;t get to see the team often enough to comment. Just that he's prone to talking mince. Frankly he can say anything he likes it doesn't matter. Unless you are Kenny Shiels or Jim Clunie it's not that important..

I know he comes on here and has a look....calling him clueless or talking shite is not backing him....A manager who has won a National Trophy for a club our size deserves more respect IMO ....It's no big deal though David as managers are there to be shot at ....I have criticised him in the past and will do again if I think we can do better. It's just at this time as he gets the squad together and with that trophy in the bag he has earned my respect and the time to see where we can go. I think he is special.

It would appear that it is Tedious Tom rather than Danny Lennon who is saying "no more signings". According to Danny Lennon with McGowan re-signed, Harkins signed, 2 goalkeepers secured, and a youth player added to the mix on top of extending contracts for our U20 players and getting Barron, Reilly and McGregor back from long term injuries all the manager said about future signing targets is the next few weeks will be "quiet". That suggests to me that with McGowan back for another year and Harkins added and competition for goalkeeper places sorted now that most of our business is done and we will probably only add 2 or 3 more players (most likely in defence and attack) before the window shuts. Presumably we will be spending a slightly bigger budget on a slightly smaller squad than last year, an indication that that we may see a more settled starting XI and bench if things go to plan and fewer fringe players.

What's wrong with using this season to give the kids a chance though? Hearts are 15 points behind before a ball has been kicked. Their squad has been decimated and they are unlikely to turn the season around. The St Mirren board have hardly shown ambition in terms of European Qualification through the league in the past so why would they start now. What's wrong with keeping the wage budget tight, letting the kids have a run out and accepting that you are going to get a few right good going overs by the few teams in the league that will be trying this season. Profit is sanity after all - and the club has to somehow make up the shortfall in funding from that ridiculous inflatable they bought. :rolleyes:

What's wrong with using this season to give the kids a chance though? Hearts are 15 points behind before a ball has been kicked. Their squad has been decimated and they are unlikely to turn the season around. The St Mirren board have hardly shown ambition in terms of European Qualification through the league in the past so why would they start now. What's wrong with keeping the wage budget tight, letting the kids have a run out and accepting that you are going to get a few right good going overs by the few teams in the league that will be trying this season. Profit is sanity after all - and the club has to somehow make up the shortfall in funding from that ridiculous inflatable they bought. rolleyes.gif

Aye, you've said this before.

Nice in "La La" land, in the real world, a massive gamble that could, and IMO, would see us in serious trouble and back into the depths of the lower league.

Run along, you're better dealing in the wee boys leagues. bye1.gif

Pointless conjecture judging this transfer window now. We won't really know how successful Dannys squad management this summer has been until around January time. We can only hope his performance in this window is a vast improvement on his last three.

There's a saying that 'you can only piss with the cock you're given'