Danny Says No More Signings

Aye yer curious now.

Shame you told me to pretty much f**k off 20 minutes ago...... lol.gif

......tell me about St Mirren you said.

......what about 2013/14 you said.

You can edit what you like but everyone can see it quoted in my response.

BTW you needn't apologise.

It's all a bit of fun.

Harsh dude! :)

I didn't even come close to telling you anything of the sort, I just thought you were being pedantic about the meaning of a certain word, and that this was the sole purpose of the response.

Everyone can see from the posts above that the confusion arises because of your lack of clarity surrounding the statement "his usage"...which was pretty irresponsible of you I thought! :P

Whilst our competitors Motherwell are signing Scotland internationals McFadden and McManus we are contemplating starting the season without a left back and 1 striker!!

Motherwell finished 2nd will have received possibly 500k+ more in prize money, qualified for Europe, have bigger crowds. Although we may not like it they are a bigger club than us with a far greater turnover. But even they have lost more players than they have brought in so far

We will make more signings but within our budget.

Motherwell finished 2nd will have received possibly 500k+ more in prize money, qualified for Europe, have bigger crowds. Although we may not like it they are a bigger club than us with a far greater turnover. But even they have lost more players than they have brought in so far

We will make more signings but within our budget.

We made a considerable amount from the LC semi and final gates , and there would have been some prize money too. Haven't seen ANY of it being re-invested in the playing side ! Poor , poor show !

It's shocking lack of investment in side were standing still look around look what clubs are signing to what we are 2 unproven young keepers Dillon who will likely be for u 20s Harkins could be ok no left back 1 striker and Danny's squad management is severely lacking we have bout 10 midfielders why ????

We will sign at least 3 players and 2 loanees. I think all management at Saints know where we are lacking and who they want in as we don't have the biggest wage bill some players will hold on for better deals and in this economy they may have to take what's on offer I think our activity will start before the weekend.KTF they will arrive soon.

It's shocking lack of investment in side were standing still look around look what clubs are signing to what we are 2 unproven young keepers Dillon who will likely be for u 20s Harkins could be ok no left back 1 striker and Danny's squad management is severely lacking we have bout 10 midfielders why ????

0-10-0

Also if the Watt thing is true and it just might it will us in the region of 100k and up to bring him here. A one year load is no different than giving some one a one year contract. While this is a lot of money for us it is possible but will squeeze our budget considerably.

Dummet coming back is also still possible (and a lot cheeper than sighing Watt or indeed an old pro that's been round the block and was never that great anyway). So until that is sorted sorted danny wont be signing the experienced left back we all want.

Also another keeper being looked at

By my reckoning if we get Danny's top targets then I will be happy.

Only three coming in but three with quality

Also if the Watt thing is true and it just might it will us in the region of 100k and up to bring him here. A one year load is no different than giving some one a one year contract. While this is a lot of money for us it is possible but will squeeze our budget considerably.

Dummet coming back is also still possible (and a lot cheeper than sighing Watt or indeed an old pro that's been round the block and was never that great anyway). So until that is sorted sorted danny wont be signing the experienced left back we all want.

Also another keeper being looked at

By my reckoning if we get Danny's top targets then I will be happy.

Only three coming in but three with quality

Whilst . most of that first paragraph is incomprehensible , l think I got the gist of it . I'd rather we didn't sign Watt anyway , as it would mean he couldn't play in the games against septic and we always seem to draw them in the cups , when we need our strongest line-up. .

With two strikers gone I would suspect that Danny-boy will have to find another two as we are likely to lose Thommo to suspension more than anything else, in the near future. .

Motherwell is an interesting one because they are a club who played the administration joker card and came back stronger, and sniggering at daftie clubs who run themselves properly and do everything they can to avoid going into administration in the first place. Motherwell to be fair, are now seen as a club who do try to run themselves properly, and aren't going back to the dark days of Andy Goram wages and so on.

One must assume then that Motherwell can afford experienced signings that have a fair bit of quality, from their gate and sponsorship income, league position money, and wages saved from the loss of seven or so players. Part of me thinks that Motherwell may also be prepared to take a small risk in bringing in quality signings to cement another second place finish next season. An affordable version of 'speculate to accumulate'. Someone will finish second - garnering yet more high place money, Europe, bigger post-split gates... allowing them to do it all again next season.

I don't think St Mirren should be rushing out there to make signings we really cannot afford, in some sort of boom or bust attempt to take on Motherwell for second spot. However, I do feel that we aren't showing the kind of ambition that will see us be anything than a 10th or 11th place side, fighting the drop. We are run like a wee corner shop in so many aspects. No need to try and be Harvey Nichols mind you, but we appear to be stuck in a 'lucky to be here, just avoid relegation please' rut.

The plus point is that we can just about get away with our small time corner shop mentality as traditionally bigger clubs tumble down in quality due to their economic situation. This, in my personal opinion, is taking some heat off of St Mirren, and the BoDs position of seemingly being immune to serious criticism because they saved the club remains intact.

This season, Hearts with their 15 point penalty, and new boys Partick Thistle seem to be the two clubs most likely to help make St Mirren's position a bit more comfortable looking.

Again, just my opinion. Now, gie's a signing. A proper left back and a striker that isnae' a dwarf. Thommo gets injured and who the fcuk is Gary Teale or Vanzy supposed to be swinging crosses in for?

Motherwell is an interesting one because they are a club who played the administration joker card and came back stronger, and sniggering at daftie clubs who run themselves properly and do everything they can to avoid going into administration in the first place. Motherwell to be fair, are now seen as a club who do try to run themselves products perly, and aren't going back to the dark days of Andy Goram wages and so on.

One must assume then that Motherwell can afford experienced signings that have a fair bit of quality, from their gate and sponsorship income, league position money, and wages saved from the loss of seven or so players. Part of me thinks that Motherwell may also be prepared to take a small risk in bringing in quality signings to cement another second place finish next season. An affordable version of 'speculate to accumulate'. Someone will finish second - garnering yet more high place money, Europe, bigger post-split gates... allowing them to do it all again next season.

I don't think St Mirren should be rushing out there to make signings we really cannot afford, in some sort of boom or bust attempt to take on Motherwell for second spot. However, I do feel that we aren't showing the kind of ambition that will see us be anything than a 10th or 11th place side, fighting the drop. We are run like a wee corner shop in so many aspects. No need to try and be Harvey Nichols mind you, but we appear to be stuck in a 'lucky to be here, just avoid relegation please' rut.

The plus point is that we can just about get away with our small time corner shop mentality as traditionally bigger clubs tumble down in quality due to their economic situation. This, in my personal opinion, is taking some heat off of St Mirren, and the BoDs position of seemingly being immune to serious criticism because they saved the club remains intact.

This season, Hearts with their 15 point penalty, and new boys Partick Thistle seem to be the two clubs most likely to help make St Mirren's position a bit more comfortable looking.

Again, just my opinion. Now, gie's a signing. A proper left back and a striker that isnae' a dwarf. Thommo gets injured and who the fcuk is Gary Teale or Vanzy supposed to be swinging crosses in for?

Would it be fair to say, though, that it wouldn't have been unreasonable to believe that, with the squad we had last season, we could have finished higher in the league.

I think we have underachieved in the league, so it isn't simply down to the players at the manager's disposal.

Yes we are. It's one of the weakest squad situations I've ever seen at this point in July. It's quite obvious we are completely cutting back on wages from last season but every business needs a product and in st mirrens case we need players!!

I'm sure I recall SG saying DL would have a slightly increased budget this year from last.

Would it be fair to say, though, that it wouldn't have been unreasonable to believe that, with the squad we had last season, we could have finished higher in the league.

I think we have underachieved in the league, so it isn't simply down to the players at the manager's disposal.

I should qualify this a little.

The likes of Ross County, ICT, and St Johnstone didn't have notably stronger squads last season (in my view), yet finished higher than Saints.

I think we struggled on a number of counts:

- too inconsistent;

- absence of a Plan B;

- switched off after the cup win;

- losing key players at key times (McGowan and McLean most notably);

- players under-performing at times (McLean and Guy, for example);

- too much fannying about with personnel and formation.

There are key areas that need to be addressed that reach beyond the players in the squad. I absolutely agree that we require at least 2 more players, and they will come in, but I think there are other factors that should be taken into consideration also.

It's shocking that we have left ourselves in such an impossible position. What chance do we have of signing two players given we only have about a month to do this?

Embarrassing that we are not signing players for the sake of it, just to placate knicker wetting fans who don't have an ounce of common sense.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Black & White Army mobile app

Total lack of ambition. it's the fact we had a very good squad last season, have decided to dismantle it and then not bother to build one at least as good if not better.

During last season I was saying to people enjoy watching this team of players because next season it ain't gona be like this as I knew our board would go for the major cost cutting and quality cutting exercise and as it stands I seem to have been proved right.

Total lack of ambition. it's the fact we had a very good squad last season, have decided to dismantle it and then not bother to build one at least as good if not better.

During last season I was saying to people enjoy watching this team of players because next season it ain't gona be like this as I knew our board would go for the major cost cutting and quality cutting exercise and as it stands I seem to have been proved right.

It's July 16th, not August 31st. That means we still have 6 weeks to sign players and we will undoubtedly do so.

Seems a few people are having trouble getting their head around preseason.