Danny Says No More Signings

I thought the lad Kelly looked decent in the first half. He was keen to push forward. The issue was McGinn and Harkins didnt know who was meant to be playing left mid (or who was meant to mark their right back).

Cornell wasnt comfortable with Lennons pass-it-out-at-all-costs tactics - which is a lot of p*sh. I was delighted with Naismiths no nonscence approach. Teale was our best player. Our first goal was superb. I also enjoyed Harkins odd flash of skill. If we are not signing anymore players I'd play Naismith and Goodwin in central defence...

Erm....no matter how you see it signings need to be made?....And there will be at least 3

I thought the lad Kelly looked decent in the first half. He was keen to push forward. The issue was McGinn and Harkins didnt know who was meant to be playing left mid (or who was meant to mark their right back).

Cornell wasnt comfortable with Lennons pass-it-out-at-all-costs tactics - which is a lot of p*sh. I was delighted with Naismiths no nonscence approach. Teale was our best player. Our first goal was superb. I also enjoyed Harkins odd flash of skill. If we are not signing anymore players I'd play Naismith and Goodwin in central defence...

If we're not signing any more players it's a total joke and none of us should pay our hard earned cash to a club who would be taking us all for a bunch of mugs. Football works both ways not one way in favour of the board!

If we're not signing any more players it's a total joke and none of us should pay our hard earned cash to a club who would be taking us all for a bunch of mugs. Football works both ways not one way in favour of the board!

It is poor that there's been a lack of investment in the squad. This is a bit off topic, but how can Hibs stump up a 200k bid for a player and we are scrambling about to get numbers to fill the bench? I know they are a bigger club and I'm not suggesting we start forking out silly sums of money, but surely we can get more experienced players in.

Ifear we have left it too late ,panic is setting in,we will get dross at this stage of the season

too little ,too late

but even new players will not help if the tactics are crap

Bad dream last night?

Fearing when we have three more pre-season friendlies, 5 weeks until deadline day and with the club saying that they hope to have at least one signing In place for tomorrow. That's also not including the Newcastle players rumoured to be on their way, something that Newton and Dummy's agent alluded to on twitter.

However, you may be right about tactics!

It is poor that there's been a lack of investment in the squad. This is a bit off topic, but how can Hibs stump up a 200k bid for a player and we are scrambling about to get numbers to fill the bench? I know they are a bigger club and I'm not suggesting we start forking out silly sums of money, but surely we can get more experienced players in.

You answered you're own question,their a bigger club, better league finish plus European football etc........

Judith advised there was a flash flood warning today for the West of Scotland - who would have thought the lovely Ms Ralston had been following this thread never mind reading B&WA in general. FFS chaps get a grip - we lost a pre season match essentially a fitness exercise. There will be new faces you know that, I know that and so too does Danny so why all the knicker wetting ?

Judith advised there was a flash flood warning today for the West of Scotland - who would have thought the lovely Ms Ralston had been following this thread never mind reading B&WA in general. FFS chaps get a grip - we lost a pre season match essentially a fitness exercise. There will be new faces you know that, I know that and so too does Danny so why all the knicker wetting ?

Knicker wetting is down to the rain1eye.gif

Some of the posts on this thread talking about the board are utterly hilarious.

Do some people actually believe the reason for the small number of signings thus far is that Mr Gilmour & Co are planning to use the transfer budget to buy themselves new ivory back scratchers?

Aye that will help Danny and the club by withdrawing much needed resources. Being a fan means supporting your team through thick and thin. What would you think if we all refused to pay our hard earned cash and we went belly up? We are not being taken for a bunch of mugs. The club have limited finances and made it clear that we would not go down the route of overspending and bringing us to the brink where we were before SG came on board. This is a tough time for virtually all clubs in Scotland and the aim should be to ensure we have a club in existence and not going through what other clubs have recently had to do. Why don't you wait until our full squad is known and rid yourself of the ridiculous statement of withdrawing your money. That, of course, is your choice and you are free to stay away from the club if you feel that staying away will help us bring on board more players.

Btw, most of the the SPL clubs have brought in journeymen and not one of them I would consider a class - other than perhaps McFadden at Murderwell who took a pay cut. Name me one other 'big' signing made by any of the SPL clubs? I think we will be fine when a few loan deals are concluded.

Aye that will help Danny and the club by withdrawing much needed resources. Being a fan means supporting your team through thick and thin. What would you think if we all refused to pay our hard earned cash and we went belly up? We are not being taken for a bunch of mugs. The club have limited finances and made it clear that we would not go down the route of overspending and bringing us to the brink where we were before SG came on board. This is a tough time for virtually all clubs in Scotland and the aim should be to ensure we have a club in existence and not going through what other clubs have recently had to do. Why don't you wait until our full squad is known and rid yourself of the ridiculous statement of withdrawing your money. That, of course, is your choice and you are free to stay away from the club if you feel that staying away will help us bring on board more players.

Btw, most of the the SPL clubs have brought in journeymen and not one of them I would consider a class - other than perhaps McFadden at Murderwell who took a pay cut. Name me one other 'big' signing made by any of the SPL clubs? I think we will be fine when a few loan deals are concluded.

Motherwell signed McManus, who has Scotland caps and has played at a high level. Hibs appear willing to pay 200k for a striker.