Danny Says No More Signings

I agree with that.

It's not just big Thompson's age that might be a risk this season but his notoriety for mouthing off at the officials. The same could be said of Gary Teale. Don't get me wrong, I like these two players and have been very happy with them since they signed - especially last season - but as the more "mature heads" in the team they need to lead by example when in discussion with the officials.

Regarding the Goalkeepers - if we were to rush out and get someone else in that would shoot the confidence of the two lads we have. They need support from the Management Team and also their Defenders to feel settled in and part of the dressing room if they are to have a good season.

The defence are in no shape to be giving confidence to the goalkeepers, the defence are a shambles themselves!

The defence are in no shape to be giving confidence to the goalkeepers, the defence are a shambles themselves!

problem is .lennon has convinced himself ,cheesey is good and Goodwin is a centre half ,he much watch games with his eyes closed because these two are the reason we are shipping goals for fun ,anything through the middle is causing us major problems add in McGregor and its not looking good

problem is .lennon has convinced himself ,cheesey is good and Goodwin is a centre half ,he much watch games with his eyes closed because these two are the reason we are shipping goals for fun ,anything through the middle is causing us major problems add in McGregor and its not looking good

If Derek sunbed Lyle can score 2 by you and should have scored a couple more and he only came on after being on the bench. You have big problems to be fair Cheesy wasn't on at this stage. Our defence is rid rotten and was the difference tonight between the teams

Really nothing to do with Darren the messiah mcgregor on sat? He was hoaching. The rough and tumble he gets but watch his positional play. Take Goodwin over him every day of the week and prob cheesy too

Edited by norrie82

too many people think because he (Darren) looked better than what we had 2 years ago (potter and a young cheesey)he must be great ,sorry he not a centre half ,I do think he is a player though but maybe in front of them or in middle of park ,but captain calamity doesn't have a centre half brain (if any brain)lost constantly at the back ,thinks getting a clap off 3 or 4, 15 yr olds for pushing a 6 stone opponent off the ball makes him a hard man ,doesn't wash with me,cheesey just not learned anything in last 2 seasons ,still jumping in silly bookings (that's why he didn't appear for 2nd half)keeps turning into trouble,same old same old ,in my opinion mair is better centre half ,but still mistakes every game and passing woeful ,but hey danny knows what he is doing ,

Close season don’t you just love it. Here we have an understudy goalkeeper from a premiership club who all of a sudden is terrible. Personally I don’t buy that give the lad time to settle which also means the fans support as the last thing we need is fans on the guy’s back. You don’t get to his level by being a bad goalie. Anyone remember Samson against Hibs ?

FFS. No competitive games played AT ALL, probably still learning their team-mates names, playing behind a just-back-from injury McGregor and a kid thrown in at left back, then a 3-5-2 trial with a brand-new player introduced for the first time... and our two keepers are duds? This is a disgrace, even by St Mirren knickerwetting standards. Takes knickerwetting to a whole new gusset-drenched level.

FFS Danny - phone Iker Casillas or Gianluigi Buffon today, before a St Mirren fan actually drowns in their own pants.

FFS. No competitive games played AT ALL, probably still learning their team-mates names, playing behind a just-back-from injury McGregor and a kid thrown in at left back, then a 3-5-2 trial with a brand-new player introduced for the first time... and our two keepers are duds? This is a disgrace, even by St Mirren knickerwetting standards. Takes knickerwetting to a whole new gusset-drenched level.

FFS Danny - phone Iker Casillas or Gianluigi Buffon today, before a St Mirren fan actually drowns in their own pants.

so in 9 days when we play a competitive game they will be ready , don't share your confidence then again if your calling for casillas and buffon what confidence ?

so in 9 days when we play a competitive game they will be ready , don't share your confidence then again if your calling for casillas and buffon what confidence ?

Will the keepers be ready? Will Vanzy cut out the errors that saw Morton score a cheap goal? Will Goodwin stop picking up cheap bookings? Will McGregor be a bit sharper? Will the Thommohawk look interested and stop moaning for free kicks? Will Grainger be signed? Will loanees be in? Will McAusland settle down into the calm player who strolled through the League Cup semi and final? Will Danny know his best XI and where to play them?

You tell me. What I do know however is that it is patently fcuking ridiculous to call for a new keeper on the basis that Cornell and Dilo are obviously duffers, having played zero proper matches, with their pre-season outings so far being behind defences that are in part cobbled together, or part trial formations involving a player both keepers just met that morning. It's a nonsense.

Calling for Casillas and Buffon? Obviously not. I used the names of two great keepers outwith our reach to jokingly illustrate what Danny might need to do to satisfy some of our more moist-pantied fans.

The current situ sort of reminds me of early season 2002/3. TH , a hero to most up until then, was getting pelters for lack of quality in the side eg Dow , Robb , Guy , McGinty etc and he started tinkering with thing 's bringing in panic signings like Fellner , Kristo , Dietrich etc .The upshot was we started shipping goals all over the place and Gilmour didn't hesitate in handing TH his jotters. Danny would do well to take note !

Aye, alright cock breath... moon.gif

Yes, he actually did sign more substandard shite than I originally though...

Paul McQuade, how could I forget...

And here was me trying to stick up for the clueless gnome.

However, I'd say that quite a few were indeed successes...

It's O.K you senile prick.

Happy to help.

grinning-smiley-010.gif

Is everyone going nuts because they honestly believe preseason is a massive indicator to how well we'll do this season? Are some going overboard because they're just waiting for Lennon to f**k up so that they can call for his head?

I can't believe there are so many who do not understand that the prime objective of preseason, and preseason friendlies, is to regain match fitness after a summer away. Some seem to completely underestimate how fit these guys are during the season, and that even keeping their fitness topped up during the summer will still leave them way short of the required fitness and sharpness required to play at the top level, even if it is only in Scotland.

Results are bonuses, and confidence can be taken if we batter someone to an extent. Performances are also a bonus, especially when formations change, and personnel changes, so much during games. I would say that by the Newcastle match, we should be looking to take things pretty seriously, and should see us close to how we'll be in the first game of the season.

Save your tears and gnashing of teeth until we play some games that actually mean something. I'm pretty sure there will be an occasion or two during the season that fits your needs in terms of giving an excuse to vent your spleen, to let off steam, to shout and bawl. Now isn't the time. Worry a little, question the squad, hope for signings, but don't panic like a girl.

whistling.gif

Edited by Soctty

Is everyone going nuts because they honestly believe preseason is a massive indicator to how well we'll do this season? Are some going overboard because they're just waiting for Lennon to f**k up so that they can call for his head?

I can't believe there are so many who do not understand that the prime objective of preseason, and preseason friendlies, is to regain match fitness after a summer away. Some seem to completely underestimate how fit these guys are during the season, and that even keeping their fitness topped up during the summer will still leave them way short of the required fitness and sharpness required to play at the top level, even if it is only in Scotland.

Results are bonuses, and confidence can be taken if we batter someone to an extent. Performances are also a bonus, especially when formations change, and personnel changes, so much during games. I would say that by the Newcastle match, we should be looking to take things pretty seriously, and should see us close to how we'll be in the first game of the season.

Save your tears and gnashing of teeth until we play some games that actually mean something. I'm pretty sure there will be an occasion or two during the season that fits your needs in terms of giving an excuse to vent your spleen, to let off steam, to shout and bawl. Now isn't the time. Worry a little, question the squad, hope for signings, but don't panic like a girl.

whistling.gif

This.

Close season don’t you just love it. Here we have an understudy goalkeeper from a premiership club who all of a sudden is terrible. Personally I don’t buy that give the lad time to settle which also means the fans support as the last thing we need is fans on the guy’s back. You don’t get to his level by being a bad goalie. Anyone remember Samson against Hibs ?  

He's been at Port Talbot Town and Hereford United. I have no idea how Paul Mathers "identified him", Michael Laudrup has probably never seen him live. He's never played for Swansea so I'm not sure what level you assume he's reached. Youth caps for Wales...oooh!

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Black & White Army mobile app

Here we have an understudy goalkeeper from a premiership club who all of a sudden is terrible.

Sure he'll be fine but......actually isn't he the understudy to the understudy.

Vorm was first choice last season for Swansea and was replaced by Tremmel with Cornell 3rd choice after his season at Hereford where 6 clean sheets in 28 games wasn't enough to save them relegation out of the football league.